Author Topic: MAJOR Beginner Here (NEED GUIDE AND TRAINING)  (Read 1260 times)

Offline steamtard

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • The Devil's Greatest Creation...
    • View Profile
    • Oblivion's Army Steam Group
  • Faction: Oblivion's Army
  • Game nicks: OBA_Spypie, UGS_Steamtard
  • IRC nick: Spypie, Steamtard
MAJOR Beginner Here (NEED GUIDE AND TRAINING)
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »
Hi there guys, just started cRPG and i keep dying, even on gamemodes like Seige, so i came here to ask if anyone could help me and train me to be a better player, also if anyone could give me any guides. Also, for my build i want to be a 2 handed heavy person, so any suggestions for builds?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: MAJOR Beginner Here (NEED GUIDE AND TRAINING)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:15 pm »
NA or EU? NA you can get away with 1 less athletics then normal imo. The builds will differ radically.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline steamtard

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:15:08 pm »
EU.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 08:29:05 pm »
+1
NA or EU? NA you can get away with 1 less athletics then normal imo. The builds will differ radically.
Tears, the hell? I expect you as the writer of the beginners guide to atleast post your own beginners guide in a thread that is asking for a guide. Promote your own material, man!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 08:40:00 pm »
Tears, the hell? I expect you as the writer of the beginners guide to atleast post your own beginners guide in a thread that is asking for a guide. Promote your own material, man!

General Beginner's Guide (Click me!)

Everything is mostly in date, besides that there is a new game mode (Rageball) and that the character page looks a wee bit different. I would update it more but currently I can't even bring myself to play any video game these last few weeks. =\
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline HELM

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 08:55:04 pm »
Hi Steam,

The best training for you would be a high strength player at first. Since you wont be really fast with your feet, it will force you to have to parry more this generation. Plus with the extra strength and iron flesh, you will have more hit-points. This pairs well if you want to wear heavy armor. You will take more hits, allowing you more chances to parry and attack back. Parrying is as a 2H is a very important skill and should be something you focus on early, or else you will be frustrated. Being slower will also force you to really maximize your footwork as well. You don't wanna get into the a high agility hoe backpedaling swinging spammer frame of mind. That will create bad habits early on. I realize that you may end up doing that if you are EU anyway, but you can't say you haven't been warned.  :wink:
Also, with your high strength, every-time you get a hit, (which will be rare since you are a beginner) there is a good chance it will be a kill. This will be good for your morale.

Good luck.

Offline steamtard

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 09:06:02 pm »
Thanks guys, is anyone willing to train me?

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 11:34:08 pm »
Just go to the duel server often. Pick players of your own level, not guys like Phyrex. Or ask if someone wants to help you practice blocking a bit with wooden swords. Also get the fattest armor you can wear for this practice, because you don't die in three hits of a wooden sword, then. You don't have to repair stuff on the duel server, don't worry.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 11:42:29 pm »
+1
If you want to learn blocking properly and quickly I recommend starting up Native and clicking the tutorial. There are bots in there of various ranks. Start with the novice one I believe, and put combat speed to slowest in the options. Focus on blocking him only until you can block atleast 9 out of 10. Then go to the next bot who is called veteran I think, do the same again. Work your way through the bots from low to high and if you are confident on blocking them all, you turn the game speed up. Start while standing still, then start moving around while you block him.

If you can block the highest rank bot confidently on normal game speed, then youre ready to go to the duel server and fight real players. Although you also might want to practice blocking and then attacking back. You can also try blocking them on the faster settings, but in the end practising against the AI is only for the basics and blocking real players is a different ball game.

Try to block with as small mouse movements as possible and hold down your blocks, not just click em.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 03:12:07 pm »
+1
finding yourself a little clan after could be nice if they have helpful members that could give you tips 8-)