Author Topic: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS  (Read 3128 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Total War: THREE KINGDOMS
« on: January 10, 2018, 11:19:16 pm »
+1

Woooe i've thought for a long time that Total War couldn't do anything that's not already been done, instead bring out sequels.
How the fook did i not think of the three kingdoms period
after that was literally my childhood playing dynasty warriors on the playstation 2 constantly. Can't wait too see more!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 11:20:12 pm »
Don't pursue Lu Bu 

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 12:01:36 am »
I heard the new Dynasty Warriors 9 is decent.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 12:28:47 am »
+1
everyone kept saying china and i never though it was remotely likely

alot of chinese history is pretty fictional afaik, kinda like saying the bible/jesus is historical.

i wasn't interested in warhammer but totalhammer was a very fun game. so i will reserve judgement until gameplay but I'm so far pretty disapointed

I wanted systems more realistic than warhammer, not 1 man heros taking on whole unit. I wanted population, social classes meaning limited recruitment etc. basically depth where warhammer made everything fun but too simple.

instead it seems the old total war style of games has been abandoned except for in the new attila reskin, which might be fun but isn't a whole big new game like 3 kingdoms.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:38:52 am »
alot of chinese history is pretty fictional afaik, kinda like saying the bible/jesus is historical.

The three kingdoms era has been heavily romanticized but the historic part is very well known, separate from it and available.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 12:47:00 am »
history can be well known, but still not have reliable enough sources to be what likely happened. i know thats true of much of history but only the chinese were writing about the chinese.

i do accept i might be entirely wrong since im the opposite of an expert, but thats just my impression

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 01:08:19 am »
gonna have the generals from the dynasty warriors series as hero units like in Warhammer i presume/hope
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:56:04 am by Saxon. »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 11:24:51 am »
+3
Looks gay as fuck that the heroes are like 2.2 meters tall.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 04:37:14 pm »
+2
The real question is will there be 1000 kill combos

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 04:49:57 pm »
+2
I really liked Empire Total War. Even riddled with bugs it was a blast. I wish they would do a new version of that time period.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 05:41:54 pm »
If they make a Total War flavored ROTK it will be excellent.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 07:52:18 pm »
+1
Not a pike &  musket (post-medieval, pre-imperial , not ever covered before), as some of us hoped? Sigh... this is sad news. Good thing there are other games to look forward to in the next few years.

Also... I can understand the sentiments of people who are actually genuinely excited about this installment, i really can. Good for you. But to me this way they've taken just screams commercialization. It's like i can imagine a group meeting, a sitdown with the devs and some sega officers where they discuss this. Hey, TW:China is the next best thing since sliced bread! Less effort to put in since it's pretty much within the borders one cultural (or at least racial) group, thus less diversity to work on. There's also less effort required for actual historical homework and research both for previous reasons as well as the reason this seems like it's gonna be a heavily romanticized version of that time period.

And last but not least... monetization. A potential huge client pool called China + a reason to put in as many fucking hero units as DLCS as possible... there we go. Perfection. Nothing can't go wrong since most people will be curious about this new setting anyway, not realizing how much they may have actually lost on with the possible other options for new, untouched historical periods and settings.
Shame.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:15:37 pm by Ujin »

Offline Bugnir

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Scum of Caladria
  • Game nicks: Bugnir
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 12:39:26 am »
+1
Thank Buddha it is the three kingdoms and not some gay euroshit or anime again. You eurocentrists and anime-loving weaboos can go be butthurt but I will gladly pre-order this masterpiece in the making, like why would you idiots want ANOTHER fucking game set in europe.

"but dude this is totally different than the other 28 games set in europe because this time your army will have gay squads with long phallic objects poking the buttholes of the enemy until your musketeers put them out of their misery"

Yeah man that sounds like a blast especially when every european nation has the same fighting style and the same set of mercenary armies, add to this the fact their style of fighting is just to stand still and shoot at eachother with the occasional buttpoking. What you get are monotone battles with no variety led by rapacious kings (totally unique) and fought by faceless soldiers.
Meanwhile in motherfucking three kingdoms the story goes as following;

The crumbling Han dynasty has given rise to a most ignoble tyrant, Dong Zhuo, whose power was gained through opressing the good people of China. Three noble heroes with unyielding conviction swore an oath under the gods to end Dong Zhuo's tyranny and restore China once again. What follows are battles of epic porportions with swords clashing, shields bashing, arrows flying, FUCKING CHERRY BLOSSOM EVERYWHERE, Lu Bu kicking balls and Guan Yu eating eyeballs, a time where legends are born, the time of the three kingdoms!

Compare that to the oh-so-interesting story of albert einstein Gustav albert;

"ok so the Habsburgers are waging war because they want money against the anti-habsburgers who also want money, this makes me want to join the conflict because I also crave money. Question is how do I get my people to support my cause, hm... I guess I'll just call the pope a devil and tell the folks at church mass how evil the baby eating chatolics are, I am a genius rofl. This will give me a small amount of swedish soldiers however they ain't cut for war, the gay factor required to be a pikeman is definitively there but they lack buttpoking experience. I know! I'll hire some germans as they are known professional homos and some skirt-wearing scotts too! These gays-for-hire won't be cheap but by the time this war is over I will be stacking bills."

Sometime later in Lützen...

"The Krauts have deployed their troops in one big horizontal line, to counter this I will also deploy all my troops in one big horizontal line and tell my men to thrust forward full speed."

Some gay buttpoking later...

"wow this is fucking boring I guess I'll take all my cav on the right and just charge the enemy blindfolded because 17th century warfare lol, I mean what could go wrong?"
(click to show/hide)

What a fucking loser

You all know of the hero mechanic successfully implemented in the total war warhammer franchise so why would you waste such a great thing in a setting without ANY famous warriors, like name one famed warrior I bet you can't. Meanwhile the three kingdoms has such an abudance of them just look how many potential heroes there are:
Guan Yu
Lu Bu
Cao Cao
Cao Pi
Gongsun San
Liu Bei
Lu Bu
Jia Xu
Guan Ping
Dong Zhuo
Dian Wei
Liu Shan
Pang Tong
Sima Lang
Wei Yan
Sima Yi
Xiahou Dun
Xu Huang
Xu Zhu
Yue Ying
Yuan Shu
Zhang Feng
Ma Dai
Mai Dick
Jackie Chan
Fu Manchu
Sun Tzu
Pai Mei
Ip man
Sun Wukong
Mao Zedong
Linda Wong
Ping Pong
Brother Hao
Uzumaki Naruto
Karate Kid
Ying Yang
Miyamoto Musashi
Ranma Saotome
Master Splinter
Xiao mei mei
Ranka Lee
Wu-tang clan
Zhuge Liang
Zhang He
Zhen Ji
Zhang Jiao
Zhang Liao
... and the list goes on.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 09:09:24 am »
+1
there is alot of problems with having a 1 man unit in the total war engine, most of these were obvious at wh1 release. basically having a powerful unit with such a small hitbox means you can abuse ai alot in battles and particularly in sieges where they can negate tower fire.

it kinda needs to be there for warhammer, but making it a staple of the series is the worst idea yet. but we don't actually know yet if that is the case, just seems likely from the pointless cgi trailer.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 11:07:18 am »
+2
Three kingdoms, what a crock of shit, I bet it's going to be a fantasy game based on the romanticized version of Chinese history. No cultural variation and the only way the units cant be copy and paste reskins like Shogun, is if they do indeed make it a fantasy game. Warhammer TW like heroes that will be stupid af. My money is on this being shit, go suck a dick Bugnir, many of the games maps contain middle east, north africa etc, but the reason why many of the games have Europe as a main point is because we are THE SHIT, deal with it. Chinese still boiling dogs alive, stuck in the Three Kingdoms era.