Author Topic: The Great Turning Point  (Read 14996 times)

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
Re: The Great Turning Point
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2014, 02:47:45 am »
+1
I agree, strat battles have less attendance but battle/siege still have plenty of players. I have heard people complaining "there's only 40 players on NA 1" in multiple teamspeak servers and people start arguing if the game is dead. It's almost always the case that siege has 40 or more players, and when I mention this I get ignored.

Siege got revamped recently, battle is unchanged. We didn't suddenly lose a bunch of players, the population is just split where we used to have everyone on the battle server.

Yes, we have less players than there used to be. It's a mod for a fairly obscure game. The mod is 4 years old. The game is 6 years old. It's surprising that there are servers at all.  :|

Past few days that hasn't been the case  :cry:
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2014, 02:55:09 am »
+1
I agree, strat battles have less attendance but battle/siege still have plenty of players. I have heard people complaining "there's only 40 players on NA 1" in multiple teamspeak servers and people start arguing if the game is dead. It's almost always the case that siege has 40 or more players, and when I mention this I get ignored.

Siege got revamped recently, battle is unchanged. We didn't suddenly lose a bunch of players, the population is just split where we used to have everyone on the battle server.

Yes, we have less players than there used to be. It's a mod for a fairly obscure game. The mod is 4 years old. The game is 6 years old. It's surprising that there are servers at all.  :|

HUH????  Siege has 0 players 95% of the time and struggles with 7-8 players the other 5% until those people leave when it glitches out in conquest mode.  NA battle server is peaking around 40 in dead-center primetime.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2014, 03:31:40 am »
+2
HUH????  Siege has 0 players 95% of the time and struggles with 7-8 players the other 5% until those people leave when it glitches out in conquest mode.  NA battle server is peaking around 40 in dead-center primetime.

I meant that recently when people on NA 1 were complaining of low population, it has been due to players on siege. It has had equal or more players than battle on some nights in the past month. Before that it was empty every day all day.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2014, 04:24:12 pm »
+1
Its saturday and EU1 is completely empty

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »
+7
Its saturday and EU1 is completely empty

As long as there will be pricks like Niluk to annoy literally everyone, don't even expect people to play.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »
+1
Meh, im not really sad about it. Had fun, but time to die eventually.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2014, 06:34:36 pm »
+1
Mod isn't dead and probably won't die until the support and development team stops supporting it.

Time of the year could be making an impact. Summer just ended and everyone is back at school or college and a couple new games recently came out including archeage(trash), so i'm sure bunch of players are trying that game out.

I think chadz and the team should be more active and keep supporting and patching c-rpg until their game is finished. This is a gold mine for them! I'm sure almost half of the c-rpg community would donate/support/fund BG if they did a crowd funding campaign. There are 25075 forum members, we'll say 50% of that donates/funds $10.00, that's $125,375.00! Build a legit campaign with multiple tiers and i'm sure you'll get a lot more than $10 dollars from each person. They can also keep bringing in new players. Native is active all the time. Tons of people still play M&B...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/top - Top two mods are M&B
http://www.moddb.com/games/top - #3 on top 100
http://store.steampowered.com/app/48700/ - 15,341 positive  446 negative reviews 

Example of a game that never died:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:13:58 pm by Nashringa »
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2014, 08:29:13 pm »
+1
This is a gold mine for them! I'm sure almost half of the c-rpg community would donate/support/fund BG if they did a crowd funding campaign

They already did that like a year ago.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2014, 08:52:43 pm »
+1
I heard it was $60 dollars... I'm not sure though, I never saw the campaign.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2014, 09:21:10 pm »
+4
the game will only die if you guys say "rip" in the forums and stop playing

100%! Think about it people... One my first steps on deciding if i want to play a game or mod is to check the webpage to see how active it is and then check out the forums. If the first couple posts are "dead mod", "the great turning point" etc, it's going to be a slim none chance that i'll try this game/mod out. I'm sure almost all of you do the same too...

Community has a HUGE part in bringing in new players. If you're all going to be negative crying trolls, you're not going to see new players trickle in. Right now we don't have a active flow of new players cause of 1. community and 2. development/support team not being active. We should have new people coming in every week! Especially with how many people still play native...

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2014, 09:36:08 pm »
+4
100%! Think about it people... One my first steps on deciding if i want to play a game or mod is to check the webpage to see how active it is and then check out the forums. If the first couple posts are "dead mod", "the great turning point" etc, it's going to be a slim none chance that i'll try this game/mod out. I'm sure almost all of you do the same too...

Community has a HUGE part in bringing in new players. If you're all going to be negative crying trolls, you're not going to see new players trickle in. Right now we don't have a active flow of new players cause of 1. community and 2. development/support team not being active. We should have new people coming in every week! Especially with how many people still play native...

It's more that there are 20 people complaining on the forums that there is only 20 people in the server. If you 20 get in the server then it'll be 40 and pretty soon more will join because of the higher population and make it 50.

Also I noticed rohypnol playing yesterday and it was a 12 man server. After he left with his extremely gay heavycrossbow-kite/1h/Jamaican speed character the server went up to 30 after about 15 mins. Perhaps some people need to get rid of their gayboy high level ranged and you will have somebody to shoot.

Also give tookyourboots all of the level 35+ characters.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2014, 12:53:07 pm »
+2
Strat is a huge ugly vampire sucking the life and blood out of crpg.

It kills the server population even worse than ballistaes and new shitty maps.

Remove strat
Go back to good old maps

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2014, 03:10:55 pm »
+5
school just started  and archeagin m8

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2014, 02:06:04 am »
+6
Honestly, the reason noone played anymore really has nothing to do with balance; this game was WAY more fucked up 3 or 4 years ago, and i've been playing since 2011 so... lets get down to it.

Strat is an abysmal asshole that seems to be shitting on everyone. its not fun anymore, at all. Its really unbalanced and expensive, and its just balls overall. we need a reset, and a rebalance; shit needs to cost alot less and there needs to be less penalizing mechanics.

Maps are getting too big; when you make these maps where you spend half the time looking for the other team like some benny hill episode, its too much. even the duel map is pretty lame. the old arena was JUST FINE, and the new arena is good, but whats with the ruins? also the fog sucks, especially that mars landing fog on sand maps.

Smaller maps, more fun, less obstacles, we dont want to play golf, we just want to play a battle map with a place for two groups to meet in the middle and kill each other.

Finally, just realize that this game is old. mount and blade has been around since 2005, (i bought into the .5X beta so i know), and people are going to move on. I realize warband is 6 years old, and crpg is like 4 years, but it gets old after awhile.
what i suggest is that the community begins to look into why new people aren't joining, and make sure that people aren't being turned off from it if they are and then leaving for something else. Honestly, i can't see why they would.

The ultimate agenda here too is for chadz and his team to make a game and make money, so they are focused on that right now; I have no problem with that at all, and as a matter of fact i look foward to melee: battlegrounds. keep that all in mind when we start pointing fingers at these great people for trying to make a living rather than tinkering on the game everytime someones incontinence exceeds their hubris, and people need to just shit all over the game to fit their own end.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2014, 07:14:44 am »
+3
I think it's tangentially related:

https://www.facebook.com/Esports.D1/posts/1548124415422731

The only way your game can die out is if you stop supporting it. Listen again, the only way your game can truly die out is if YOU stop SUPPORTING it.

It's up to you to decide if you want your game to survive.