Author Topic: 2handers Role In Strat Battles  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: 2handers Role In Strat Battles
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 07:14:18 pm »
+2
At the same time you could buff nudges. They are obviously not causing any kills and are pretty useless in fights.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 07:33:14 pm »
At the same time you could buff nudges. They are obviously not causing any kills and are pretty useless in fights.

Especially the combination of block + nudge + kick on an agi character seems extremly weak. Definitely needs a buff.  :)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 07:33:31 pm »
Your best bets are to team up with a competent pikeman (this works with any class, protecting your long pokesticks is really important in strat), or to hover around the periphery of the main formation and dive into the enemy flanks, focusing on enemy pikemen and whoever else you can cut through. You've got to wait until both lines are engaged before doing this, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1774
  • Infamy: 2056
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 07:46:31 pm »
+5
Greatswords are all about backpedling spam and lolstab. But in situations where backpedling makes no sense, Morningstar is the best 2H weapon just like Lacoste said. You need to get close to your enemy but when you're in range they are in trouble. Morningstar is harder to block than swords, it's also a lot easier to chamber with Morningstar than with faster swords. It also breaks shields. Not to mention obvious advantage, it deals omgwtf damage.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 08:42:10 pm »
As a 2h in strat battles I liked to focus on more team support roles. Not having the protection of a shield or the range of a long spear kinda puts you on the int the middle of a clusterfuck. So I did what some people have already suggested and stayed at the back of the friendly shieldwall and maul/Mstar any enemy who broke through the lines. Doing this really helps your team in two ways... 1st of all killing the enemies who break through shield wall saves allies lives and HP. 2nd is that staying behind the friendly shield wall saves your teams tickets because you don't have to be a useless casualty. Depending on the situation and battle commanders orders this is what I found to be the best strategy for battle.

For siege 2h is a bit more difficult than a battle. Attacking as 2h is a huge pain because you are most vulnerable when climbing ladders. The best thing to do is just grab a greatmaul and hope you are one of the lucky ones to break through onto the walls. However, once your allies have established a foothold using a maul or mstar to kill enemies on the walls is much easier.
Defending a siege as 2h is simple grab a big maul and overhead to your hearts content...

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 08:57:28 pm »
+2
If you are playing 2hand as a support class, you are playing this game completely wrong.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 09:50:23 pm »
+4
Ok, it's time to buff 2h. The hardship they have to go through is unacceptable.

Have you ever even played strat as a 2hander?  Very powerful in courtyards or field battles, often garbage in other environments. I've been using one hand no shield at 0 wpf in close quarters instead because you overbuffed it.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 12:04:30 am »
+5
(click to show/hide)
So many penis pics...

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 12:53:57 am »
If you are playing 2hand as a support class, you are playing this game completely wrong.

you obviously didnt read the whole thing smooth...

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 10:47:15 am »
+5
+1 for your insightful images. It helps others visualize your problem.

If there are tight line formations, 2H swords are not of much use. 1H/shield and polearm users are much better equipped to fight in close cluster and line battles. However, mauls are absolutely magical against enemy shielders. You will break so many blocks and knock down so many fighters. Even if you don't land the killing blow, you are giving a huge advantage to your team.

If the fights are a little more spread out (in field battles, there are often many small skirmishes outside the main shieldwall line) then you can fight similarly to the way 2H do in the battle server. 2H cav can be very effective in open field maps as well. 5 riding will sit you on any horse that isn't a courser or "horse archer" horse. It's worth the investment if you play a lot of strat battles on your 2H main. Entertaining change of pace, too.

You can also invest 3-4 points in shield skill to great advantage as well. I am 1H/shield, but if the team needs maulers I sometimes grab a great maul and a 1 slot shield so I can get into the fray without getting sniped by ranged. A mauler in strat honestly need ath more than wpf. You need only to hold your overhead and move into position to land the blow. they can block your slow swing all day, it doesn't matter a bit.

With no riding and no shield skill, you are largely relegated to defending spawn flags or picking off enemy stragglers. The line/blob fights that are common in strategus have no place for a 2H sword user. If it's a really important battle, both sides will keep their formations very tight.

Hope this helps. I have only played 1 gen of 2H on my main but I pay a lot of attention to the flow of battle during strat since I try to inform my team of what is going on. If you can master the use of a maul you will do very well in pretty much any battle.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 12:26:30 pm »
What you do as 2h is kill shit in 1 hit, easiest kills of your life playing 2h.

You do what you do in EU1 and EU2 as 2h, just go rampage berserk 1v10 and get 5 kills and die once (5:1 KD no problem), easy. (Also you'll win the point highscore in scoreboard for max epeen)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 01:12:24 pm »
+7
I tend to just ride around and  give great morale bonuses to my nearby teammates due to my presence.  I find shouting lots of things at people on teamspeak that has nothing to do with the ongoing battle or strategus really helps.
Turtles

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 04:29:29 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
So many penis pics...

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 04:36:32 pm »
+1
As the best 2hander in the real world, and the best 2hander in the game, forever number 1. I feel like I should provide my expert opinion and offer some advice to the lower tier 2handed players.

I'm kidding obviously.

But what I tend to do in Strat battles, and I dare say it's quite effective. I wait until the battle has started and then when everyone is weak, I tend to charge head on and roflblock dem piker nerds and push back their main group as much as I can then take a swift 90 degree turn and spam dat left click with a morningstar.

When the battle has withered down and the longer respawn times come, I get out DAS GREATSWORD JAAAA and duel the fuck out of every nerd who deems themselves worthy to challenge me. And I also usually partner up with a hoplite/spearman.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »
+2
Smooth and WITCHCRAFT hit the nail on the penis.

From utop my OP horse, I am in a good position to observe the flow of battle. Usually, 2hers do best when skirmishing on the sides, when the line's break apart (more skirmishing), and as somebody to support the shielders and pikers (standing beside pikers, behind the shield-wall). Rushing behind the enemy line and spamming helps, too.

2h is also great for anti-cav. Pikers usually stall out enemy cav, but they rarely finish them off--you can, though, with ease. You can also lolstab cav on the flanks, or fuck them up as they make their strafing runs through your lines. Rarely do cav pay attention to anything but their intended victim.

Siege is totally different, and better for 2h imo.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG