Author Topic: Nemesis of Horses, Polearm Thrust  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nemesis of Horses, Polearm Thrust
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 07:36:47 pm »
Oh my god finally a proper answer!

Well first of all I must say I am going to try all what you said.

Though I might have gone a bit irrelevant by pointing out the 1v1 cases. It is not wise to duel against a piker as a cav of course. The problem is when it is in a crowded battle. If it is a battle a 1v1 can easily become a 10+v10+
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 09:45:45 pm »
+2
Hmm... Can you explain how? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Slow down to a speed where you won't get reared before he hits you, then as he almost glances on your horse you can bumpslash/just slash him.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 10:37:39 pm »
+1
Considering how many times the shield of a horseman sucks up the damage from a perfectly placed pike in the horse's head, for the cavalry to continue at full speed and taking 20-30 % of the piker's health with a bump, the low damage thrust is the last to worry about. I played a lot of cavalry on my main btw, and that shield shit was terribly broken, more so than the low damage thrusts that rear horses.

This isn't related specifically to shields. A downblock with a longsword or lance on horseback is just as bad.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 11:24:06 am »
Pikes need to glance more, for example, all shaft hits.  Glances should not rear horses.  These are facts.  However, due to pike's pierce damage, they almost never glance.  Even from two feet away.   They instead deal full damage to the head.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 11:40:59 am »
+1
Are you really trying to make easymode even easier? Shame on you.

Instead of QQing you could try and open your eyes while riding and check for long, pointy sticks - also called polearms, and not ride into them. Its really not hard you know.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 03:38:52 am »
Are you really trying to make easymode even easier? Shame on you.

Instead of QQing you could try and open your eyes while riding and check for long, pointy sticks - also called polearms, and not ride into them. Its really not hard you know.

I am still reading that as "Charge in head first with a great lance and 11 riding champion courser"

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 01:00:14 pm »
I never really had an issue with it and I used to play with 400 ping :P

You can dive bomb on faster horses, turn and slow and then double back, or my personal favorite, slam on the air brakes (ctrl+j).
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 02:17:18 pm »
and when a horse comes full speed and I thrust a bloody awlpike into its face and it turns around and drives away, that's not BS?

don't complain, you have it easy

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 03:40:39 pm »
+1
I don't really understand why your reaction is so harsh.

I just wanted to point out something strange I might have found during my game experience. If you did not like the idea that's fine by me but why do you accuse me of crying and complaining. Is this how you are seeing things?

I just offered a damage cap and I thought 5% hp of a horse shouldn't be so high. Dealing 7-8 hp to a horse with a spear should not be so hard after all. I wouldn't be against this idea if I was playing a different class at this moment. I want everyone to enjoy every class, not looking to my benefit only. Hell! I am a onehand/pole and inf/cav hybrid. I also play as a spearman sometimes. When I look at this mechanic in both points of views, I have found this mechanic unfair.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 02:14:04 pm »
+1
I'll support this IF cav rear if I'm holding my pikes thrust, without me even having to press attack.
Cos none of the horses (afaik) have the blindfolds, and no horse is gonna run into my sharp stick :D

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 11:54:22 am »
Bump

I retired into twohander and I still want this to be implemented.

Offline Ulter

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Duke_Henry_HRE
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 03:09:47 pm »
I'll support this IF cav rear if I'm holding my pikes thrust, without me even having to press attack.
Cos none of the horses (afaik) have the blindfolds, and no horse is gonna run into my sharp stick :D

It is actually a good idea, but it should only work if you're standing still. Sort of spear bracing.
(which is neccesary, otherwise your pointy stick would be thrown out your hands and your wrists would be broken IRL)
(click to show/hide)
Except shitty. Because crpg can't have nice things.
QQ