Author Topic: crpg, strategus, chadz  (Read 42361 times)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: crpg, strategus, chadz
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2011, 05:35:37 am »
And that matters how ? We were talking about how and if heirlooms will make up a market, i said they don't, maybe in a few months, unless there is a huge influx of money from strategus.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2011, 04:45:48 pm »
I just want the option to re-pick my heirlooms everytime changes are made to items.

Your fancy pansy Masterwork weapon might be powerfull now, but it could be nerfed into the ground tomorrow. Spending 3-4 months to get a new masterwork weapon (more for me, since I don't play a lot. Haven't even made it to 30 yet) is very painfull.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2011, 04:50:51 pm »
I just want the option to re-pick my heirlooms everytime changes are made to items.

Your fancy pansy Masterwork weapon might be powerfull now, but it could be nerfed into the ground tomorrow. Spending 3-4 months to get a new masterwork weapon (more for me, since I don't play a lot. Haven't even made it to 30 yet) is very painfull.
+1.
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2011, 05:10:17 pm »
I'm on the verge of heirlooming my war spear for a third time, and I'm really hoping that they'll be fixed. Thank you.
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline Connasse

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • EU4 Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Bonnasse
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2011, 12:42:44 am »
# there will, due to heavy gameplay changes, be probably a mini-wipe - all money, items and troops will get wiped, only the fief ownerships will stay.

.. WIPE totaly, or nothing will change

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2011, 03:07:57 pm »

I guess the mini-wipe is only to speed up to test the new features.
 And total wipe after things are smooth and quite-balanced?

fighting in strategus battles will be limited to main chars
i actually eagerly wait for this to happen. As it reduces the ranged spam and ppl can't use more than the 1 main char which is great.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:11:42 pm by Mustikki »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2011, 03:21:14 pm »

There will be a full wipe, the mini-wipe is just for testing the new gameplay and fixing the bugs/exploits (as I'm sure there will be a lot). It's much better like this because if people don't own any fiefs most features couldn't be tested soon and we would have rollbacks everytime a new bug is found and so on. Like this we can screw with the new features anyway we want cause with the full wipe coming it doesn't matter.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2011, 05:36:12 pm »
Yeah, when the full wipe comes, people will have a clue how things work. It takes a while for all of the independent settlements to get captured.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Connasse

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • EU4 Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Bonnasse
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2011, 05:53:27 pm »
ok, perfect

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2011, 09:57:22 am »
chadz, I'd like to host a non Gold/XP server for training of the clan, and RP-stuff. I have PM'ed you too.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2011, 01:41:30 pm »
This is actually a really interesting idea, I think. So if a battle is fought, neither side can see who has signed for the other side (on the battle list) - just how many. It would mean more chances for intrigue and backstabbing allies or tactical stuff.

And then in the actual battle their identities can be secret, as Sultan Eren said - just (random example) Fallen_Mercenary_1. The whole idea is that players are representing random mercenaries anyway, isn't it?
Though I don't know if that would be possible. It'd be interesting - for example a secret Merc contract would actually be secret this way. Of course the hiring faction would have to be able to see the real names in order to pay accordingly and hire the right people.
And for those who want to see their K/D, it would show up in the battle history like it did before.

So the faction fighting would have their names revealed, while mercenaries from outside their faction wouldn't. Maybe make it optional for allies who want to demonstrate their loyalty, and for others who want to improve their reputation as a mercenary.

I think this is a really good idea :D

X
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2011, 08:04:37 pm »
This is actually a really interesting idea, I think. So if a battle is fought, neither side can see who has signed for the other side (on the battle list) - just how many. It would mean more chances for intrigue and backstabbing allies or tactical stuff.

And then in the actual battle their identities can be secret, as Sultan Eren said - just (random example) Fallen_Mercenary_1. The whole idea is that players are representing random mercenaries anyway, isn't it?
Though I don't know if that would be possible. It'd be interesting - for example a secret Merc contract would actually be secret this way. Of course the hiring faction would have to be able to see the real names in order to pay accordingly and hire the right people.
And for those who want to see their K/D, it would show up in the battle history like it did before.

So the faction fighting would have their names revealed, while mercenaries from outside their faction wouldn't. Maybe make it optional for allies who want to demonstrate their loyalty, and for others who want to improve their reputation as a mercenary.

I think this is a really good idea :D
I suggested this EXACT idea a while back when strategus was just starting. I thought it was dumb the way people couldn't apply for certain battles for political reasons, when you arent even supposed to be you, you represent on of the other person's troops. So i suggested this down to the random enemy appearing in scoreboards in game, put up a poll, and people voted it down for god knows what reason....

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2011, 10:23:06 pm »
I suggested this EXACT idea a while back when strategus was just starting. I thought it was dumb the way people couldn't apply for certain battles for political reasons, when you arent even supposed to be you, you represent on of the other person's troops. So i suggested this down to the random enemy appearing in scoreboards in game, put up a poll, and people voted it down for god knows what reason....

Ah, sorry. Didn't remember  :?

I don't think it's dumb that people can't apply for political reasons - its inevitable. Its a little silly if someone from your clan applies to fight against you, or you're supposed to be allied with someone and you apply against them. Or if a clan stacks against you, it'd be fairly naive to assume they're representing random mercenaries.

But the concealment thing is a good workaround, and well done to you for coming up with it first. If its possible it'd allow for espionage and betrayals. Should be fun!

Especially the fun of being unsure whether the nameless mercenary on the other team is really one of your own clan members, planted as a spy in your very midst! Or all the enemy mercenaries are made up of a clan who are supposed to be your allies...
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2011, 10:51:12 pm »
Ah, sorry. Didn't remember  :?

I don't think it's dumb that people can't apply for political reasons - its inevitable. Its a little silly if someone from your clan applies to fight against you, or you're supposed to be allied with someone and you apply against them. Or if a clan stacks against you, it'd be fairly naive to assume they're representing random mercenaries.

But the concealment thing is a good workaround, and well done to you for coming up with it first. If its possible it'd allow for espionage and betrayals. Should be fun!

Especially the fun of being unsure whether the nameless mercenary on the other team is really one of your own clan members, planted as a spy in your very midst! Or all the enemy mercenaries are made up of a clan who are supposed to be your allies...
Just want to say, i wasn't trying to say you took my idea or anything. I was just trying to point out that this definitely needs to be implemented, but for some reason people don't like it.

If there was a 10,000 person player base, this wouldn't matter very much. But since we need the same few hundred people to represent thousands of people, all hired by different clans and whatnot, i think this is very necessary for the politics. There shouldn't be battles that go 40 vs 10 because nobody wants to pick a fight with the top clan. If a person has troops in their army, it's only fair that they get a good representation of that in battle.

Also, for clans like the mercs, there is no reason why they shouldn't be on both sides of a battle. But with the current system, if someone hired the mercs, than saw mercs on the other team as well, they might get angry. In reality the mercs should profit from all fighting, they shouldn't be choosing a single side, if they are going to do that, may as well just fight for themselves, and be a real faction (like they did on old strategus). Their goal should be to have as much fighing as possible, without any faction getting too strong. And the best way to ensure that is to fight for both sides.

just found my old thread, i can't for the life of me figure out why the poll went this way!
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,134692.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:56:49 pm by Topsnus »

Offline sF_Zorro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RoyalKnight
  • Game nicks: RoyalKnight_Bastard_Bernhard
  • IRC nick: Zorro