Author Topic: crpg, strategus, chadz  (Read 42272 times)

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
Re: crpg, strategus, chadz
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 06:51:21 pm »
To apply as a mercenary you should see the army on map. I don't wanna fight for Sargoth when i am in Shariz. Additional suggestion to this, make non clan mercenaries' name something standart -like "(faction_name)_merc_(number)".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 07:57:46 pm »
To apply as a mercenary you should see the army on map. I don't wanna fight for Sargoth when i am in Shariz. Additional suggestion to this, make non clan mercenaries' name something standart -like "(faction_name)_merc_(number)".

Why they should have badge mercenary ? They have their own names.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 08:29:47 pm »
I hope there will be some new stuff for lone players, cause as it is now Strategus is only for Clan. May be with new skills, faction will have to hire lone player for some mission, or they will need one man to craft weapons or construct a building.

Btw, "1 char only for Strat" is again in favor of big clan, cause they can have player/char for each situation, and it's a big disadvantage for lone player like me. That makes me sad cos commander will not hire me if i don't fit to the situation of the battle. In the past, commander accepted my archer or xbow alt for siege, and my cav or 1h+shield alt for open field battle. All of this it's over...

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 08:52:44 pm »
Why they should have badge mercenary ? They have their own names.
the unworthy are all the same

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 09:01:35 pm »
Sounds ACE overall.

sux to be pigeon holed into 1 char for strat. I think this means it might be better to have 1 char gen 10 then 5 chars gen 2, so that you can quickly retire than gen 10 char and respec for strategus, if you get my meaning.

shame we can't merge our alts via my old intercourse suggestion.

PS: cant wait to see trading forum "Want to trade balanced katana for balanced poleaxe" etc.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:10:07 pm by Banok »

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:29 pm »

This is actually a really interesting idea, I think. So if a battle is fought, neither side can see who has signed for the other side (on the battle list) - just how many. It would mean more chances for intrigue and backstabbing allies or tactical stuff.

And then in the actual battle their identities can be secret, as Sultan Eren said - just (random example) Fallen_Mercenary_1. The whole idea is that players are representing random mercenaries anyway, isn't it?
Though I don't know if that would be possible. It'd be interesting - for example a secret Merc contract would actually be secret this way. Of course the hiring faction would have to be able to see the real names in order to pay accordingly and hire the right people.
And for those who want to see their K/D, it would show up in the battle history like it did before.

So the faction fighting would have their names revealed, while mercenaries from outside their faction wouldn't. Maybe make it optional for allies who want to demonstrate their loyalty, and for others who want to improve their reputation as a mercenary.

I think this is a really good idea :D
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »
Could work, just tell people which name they get, so they have to make this profile name in warband and then get the right stats with that name ingame. Complicated, but people who want to fight anonym will be able to grasp it
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 11:24:50 pm »
1 char for strat is fine with me. It's what I've been doing for a while anyway. Only battle Village_Elder ever did was the theme battle againist NoobKnights
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:59 am »
One char only is a really good idea, so people don't just make archer alts for strategus.

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 12:28:22 am »
  • I will be back in about 7 days,
  • there is a wiki, please feel free to use and extend it: http://wiki.c-rpg.net - many thanks to all the people that did so far,
  • after that, strategus will get some love, and nearly a complete overhaul, gameplay wise first,
  • there will, due to heavy gameplay changes, be probably a mini-wipe - all money, items and troops will get wiped, only the fief ownerships will stay.

Edit: so some of you can prepare your chars  :wink::
  • There will be a feature to trade heirlooms with other players, you can also shift money around,
  • however, it will be separated: You have one char that is the main char (=strategus char), the others are alts. Alts can do business with other alts only, main chars can do business with other main chars only.
  • fighting in strategus battles will be limited to main chars
Discuss and curse!
This will be an issue for throwers as nobody ever buys throwing weapons for their armies. Make sure to make at least war darts fairly easy to produce!

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 12:31:27 am »
Really? As I said before in this tread (you don´t read it obviously) I made and levelled 3 alts exactly for this purpose, to play them on strategus battles when needed. One is an archer, ok, but the other two not. And archers got nerfed btw, in case you didn´t notice that. And like 80 % of all players I know made 2-4 alts especially for later use on stratgeus. And now, everyone of us wasted dozens (in my case about 100 hours !!! ) of playing for nothing?

We're talking about strategus, where archers are more important than in normal crpg. You can make your archer the main, where's the problem ? Forcing one character per account is a classic and standard way to increase player interaction, and thus politics and strategy, that's why it's a good thing.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 12:35:54 am »
Really? As I said before in this tread (you don´t read it obviously) I made and levelled 3 alts exactly for this purpose, to play them on strategus battles when needed. One is an archer, ok, but the other two not. And archers got nerfed btw, in case you didn´t notice that. And like 80 % of all players I know made 2-4 alts especially for later use on stratgeus. And now, everyone of us wasted dozens (in my case about 100 hours !!! ) of playing for nothing?

If the only reason you played with alts is for this reason... well... damn... it doesn't really make sense?!

The dev team have suggested that this might be something they might implement (way back when you didn't get crpg gold for strat battles).
Of course this was coming.

Enjoy alts for the diversion they create... not for the tactical exploits in strategus.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2011, 01:23:39 am »
Making a cav/2hander hybrid isn't the brightest idea but i'm willing to do it if it'll be only 1 char for Strategus, now if only i could somehow transfer my masterwork nodachi from my alt to the main char...

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2011, 01:30:23 am »
Making a cav/2hander hybrid isn't the brightest idea but i'm willing to do it if it'll be only 1 char for Strategus, now if only i could somehow transfer my masterwork nodachi from my alt to the main char...

According to what i read in the OP, that will be impossible to do, and for a few good reasons. But you can trade it with someone else, who wants to do the opposite trade. You need to find that guy, if he exists.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 01:36:54 am »
According to what i read in the OP, that will be impossible to do, and for a few good reasons. But you can trade it with someone else, who wants to do the opposite trade. You need to find that guy, if he exists.
If there will be a way, i'm definately gonna try to find it, i don't really feel like grinding all over again to heirloom 3 times the same weapon, just on a different character.