Author Topic: Horse archery - Tips  (Read 3210 times)

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
Horse archery - Tips
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:24:55 pm »
Im going for ha build, and have two options id like some advice on which one is better (which will give me more accuracy, i dont care about the damage)

1. This one i have more pd but less ha, and just a bit less wpp
* note that i did technical mistake in this pic, riding skill is 5, and weapon master 9
(click to show/hide)

2. more ha skill but less pd, and a bit more wpp
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Carmelites_Jajko

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Iskra_II
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Iskra
Re: Horse archery - Tips
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 06:41:50 pm »
I hate horse archers, I'm horse crossbowman
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:49:55 pm by Carmelites_Jajko »
Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 11:04:41 pm »
Option 2 will give you more accuracy but keep in mind that HAs get same dmg penalty as if you used a polearm so PD 3 might be way to low. Im PD5 and I'm kind of dissapointed with the dmg I do.
Use the melee dmg calc and set polearm as a weapon. If I'm not mistaken it should give you the correct estimation of how much dmg you will do with your bow of choice.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:06:53 pm by AssPunisher »

Offline Malevolent_Warlord

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 02:19:04 am »
Archery is really nerfed now sadly.
I am creating a HA char too, level 25 atm.
I have once heirloomed strongbow and 3 quivers of arrows.
I got a large warhorse to suck all the arrows and a lighter steppe horse depending on what I need.
Going for:
PD 5
HA 4
Riding 5 (would be 6 if I hadn't put 1 PS by mistake)
WM 8

This build is pretty much the same as your with more PD and stronger bow. This build did work very well pre-patch. Now I don't know since Im rather reluctant to play as archer.
MP nicks: Malevolent_Warlord, Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry, Warlords_Clibanarii

Those who are interested in tactics and tips: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,225.0.html

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 06:02:06 am »
OP's 2nd HA build will become lance fodder fast because of excessively low riding. Your horse is your lifeline. 7 Ride, and just make do with a nomad for 5 Horse archery (which is really good once I got it). HA 5 is really nice, and is a big help in HA duels. Thing with this dedicated HA 5 build is your arrows, they do nothing! Even with a hit a lot of times I do not even stagger the victim unless I pony up for bodkins. Hopefully a heirloom or two more and it will be better.

Was hoping for some tips on doing good deflection shots in 3 situations, solitary archer, dodging infantry and cavalry duel.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:03:49 am by kongxinga »

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 09:26:50 am »
well idecided to go for 2nd option, i would have only nomad bow, which is quite weak but i would have 5 instead of 4 HA and 2 morw weapon master

so i prefer accuracy over dammage, couse its better for the team if you wound 25 and prevent them from swinging and possibly wounding yout teammates, then killing 5

but im not sure what will i heitloom after retirement, my nomad bow or arrows, im thinking since 3x heirloomed nomad bow gices only +3 to dammage, ill heirloom khergit arrows, they do more dammage and incrise in ammo.

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 10:09:51 am »
well idecided to go for 2nd option, i would have only nomad bow, which is quite weak but i would have 5 instead of 4 HA and 2 morw weapon master

so i prefer accuracy over dammage, couse its better for the team if you wound 25 and prevent them from swinging and possibly wounding yout teammates, then killing 5

but im not sure what will i heitloom after retirement, my nomad bow or arrows, im thinking since 3x heirloomed nomad bow gices only +3 to dammage, ill heirloom khergit arrows, they do more dammage and incrise in ammo.
i was going to suggest a different build, but i guess since you dont care for dmg...that's the one. if you plan on heirlooming lots of arrows, i would go with bodkin, just so u can at least support your team better. also, i recommend buying a secondary weapon like a katana just in case your off the horse or if you're facing another HA

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 10:23:38 am »
i was going to suggest a different build, but i guess since you dont care for dmg...that's the one. if you plan on heirlooming lots of arrows, i would go with bodkin, just so u can at least support your team better. also, i recommend buying a secondary weapon like a katana just in case your off the horse or if you're facing another HA

yea thats what i have in mind heirlooming arrows, and instead of katana i have nomad sabre (looks better)

Offline Geon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Geon, Blazar, qtpi
  • IRC nick: Geon
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 08:05:02 am »
Is the Sarranid a better choice than the Courser for Horse archery?

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • "The Sultan's own...Sipahi of The Sublime Porte"
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
  • Faction: The Turks (Kapikulu)
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Safavid
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:40 am »
What are the best stats to pick in order to do really good on horse archery? 
"Nasrun minallahi ve fethun garib. Ve bessiril Muminin!"

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 10:12:22 am »
Watch your back-right side, 45 degree angle is where you can't shoot, I believe.

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 05:45:22 am »
yea thats what i have in mind heirlooming arrows, and instead of katana i have nomad sabre (looks better)
If you really want to nobody is stopping you. But keep in mind that since you're not gonna have many WPF/Skill points left over b/c of your HA build, you might want to use fast swords with a longer length and more damage as well e.g Katana (bit costly though).

Is the Sarranid a better choice than the Courser for Horse archery?
Since the only thing better is the horse maneuver, I would say no. Although a HA does need high maneuver, I would just stick with the Steppe Horse if thats your only reason to choose it over the Courser. The Courser can take more damage, and is faster for quicker escapes.

What are the best stats to pick in order to do really good on horse archery? 
You're going to need the Power Draw, Horse Archery, Riding, and Weapon Master. For attributes, you're going to need at least 12 Str (Khergit bow) or 15 Str (Strong bow, a bit more dmg) and stacking Agility in order to get HA, Riding, and the WM skills high.

Watch your back-right side, 45 degree angle is where you can't shoot, I believe.
Actually, in-game Ive seen that I can turn almost 90 degrees on the left while mounted...weird
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:56:36 am by EliteDragon »

Offline Geon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Geon, Blazar, qtpi
  • IRC nick: Geon
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 05:57:24 am »
Thanks for your reply. I have a bit of money saved up now. Would it be more worth it to just buy one of the more expensive horses? The destrier seems fairly well built although slow.

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • "The Sultan's own...Sipahi of The Sublime Porte"
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
  • Faction: The Turks (Kapikulu)
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Safavid
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 08:54:57 am »
@Elite Dragon...are there any places where there are pre-stacked stats? 
"Nasrun minallahi ve fethun garib. Ve bessiril Muminin!"

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 04:31:06 am »
Thanks for your reply. I have a bit of money saved up now. Would it be more worth it to just buy one of the more expensive horses? The destrier seems fairly well built although slow.
I wouldn't say so with the current upkeep system. I would go with the Courser once you reach the higher levels e.g 25-30 in order for you to be able to aim more accurately while on it and so you can earn more money to sustain it.

@Elite Dragon...are there any places where there are pre-stacked stats? 
Check here. Although keep in mind that many of the builds don't work as well after the patch. You might have to give/take some things to adapt to the level 30 soft cap.