Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67593 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2011, 08:12:24 pm »
just wanted to say, even as a shielder, 2handers scare me more than polearm guys. 2h is the best 1v1 wep in the game. as for needing block crush... no. block crush is the stupidest shit in the game, we dont need any more crush through weapons. if you are complaining that pole stun is bad, then how can you possibly advocate weapons that ignore blocks completely?

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2011, 08:16:45 pm »
+1
just wanted to say, even as a shielder, 2handers scare me more than polearm guys. 2h is the best 1v1 wep in the game. as for needing block crush... no. block crush is the stupidest shit in the game, we dont need any more crush through weapons. if you are complaining that pole stun is bad, then how can you possibly advocate weapons that ignore blocks completely?

Prolly cos IRL a huge dude with a massive hammer would crush your skull thru your puny up block.  And we're all for realism ofc...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2011, 08:19:21 pm »
Prolly cos IRL a huge dude with a massive hammer would crush your skull thru your puny up block.  And we're all for realism ofc...

no cause he would not block but deflect the hammer and put his sword in the huge dude neck in the same time, far more realistic....

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2011, 09:34:35 pm »
half the price of cav and reduce their maneuverability or make couching blockable or last half as long or remove it or remove arabian motocross.
I'm getting tired of getting killed by a couching cav that i saw coming for ages but that i can't dodge (like i used to) even with 6 athletics.
 I don't mind getting backstabbed cuz most of the time it's my own fault but i hate being unable to counter an attack whatever i do .

Crushthrough was dealt with, something need to be done with couching.
I also hate being bumped and lanced, I m ok with bump slash because if you slash you've automatically a short reach so there is a counter.
But bump lance wtf !! how is that even possible ?  the only counter is to be  no more than 1 meter away from someone with a pike

Offline Death_Dealer

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • to Shish your enemies, see them Kebabed before you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Shishkebab, Ronaldinho, Colossus, Death_Dealer, Brunhild, Whorecraft, Fahishe, Altair
  • IRC nick: Shishkebab
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2011, 10:23:09 pm »
u can prevent bump lance by hittig the horse before bump same with the bump slash.

im after realism too and irl i dont think that i'd try to block an axe or hammer even with a shield, id rather dodging it but we have no ability to dodge the attacks with those poor footwork in game. so there shouldnt be crushthrough at all till we are able to dodge. thats my opinion

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2011, 10:44:31 pm »
u can prevent bump lance by hittig the horse before bump same with the bump slash.

im after realism too and irl i dont think that i'd try to block an axe or hammer even with a shield, id rather dodging it but we have no ability to dodge the attacks with those poor footwork in game. so there shouldnt be crushthrough at all till we are able to dodge. thats my opinion

Trying to hit the horse to prevent a bump lance thrust will just lead you to you getting normally lanced dying.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2011, 10:52:24 pm »
Longbow peirce is a bit much, now it makes other bows seem useless

Make arrows to be a .5 slot weapon. this would allow lower tier bow users to be able to use 2h weapon and polearms while high tier bow user could only use 1 slot weapons.

for example

Strongbow= 1 slot
arrows=  .5 slot
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slot
Total of 4 slots

Longbow = 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
arows= .5 slot
simple sword = 1 slot
Total of 4 slot

Longbow= 2 slots
arrows= .5 slot
longsword= 2 slots
Total is 4.5 slot and therefore not possible

Even if only low tier arrows such as arrows and barbed arrows took a half slot this would at least make them useful.
This would mean you could either chose arrows with higher damage or the ability to wield a higher slot weapon
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2011, 01:21:29 am »
Lets see here...

1. Remove HA

2. Reduce shield hp of higher-tier shields

3. Slower animation for 1h-shield overhead

4. Remove bumplance (bumpslash is ok imo)

5. Increase speed needed to bump

6. Smoothen out 2h stab animation (speed is fine atm, just looks weird...)

7. Reduce length of couch-lance (or make it so that you can't turn the lance? Would still serve purpose of defeating turtles)

8. Change the way pikes work, make them longer and "couchable" (stationary, would hit inf charging, but not slow-moving ones), and remove the thrust (offensive, speedy pikemen is just wtf imo)

9. Nerf crushthrough a little (dunno how :/)

10. Make some polearms unsheathable (poleaxes, glavie, glb...)

11. Remove jump-shooting (jumping should cancel the animation)

12. Take a look at hitboxes for curved weps

13. Fix the "forcefield buckler"

14: Reduce damage at maximum wep reach (esp important on poles/2 h, 1 h doesn't seem to be abusing this as much, or is that just me?)

15: Dmg nerf on x-bows

...and some other stuff :p

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:35:04 am by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline crojosip

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • *insert random quote here*
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crojo
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2011, 01:59:24 am »
Only complain I have.

Make horses turn a bit slower.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2011, 02:14:35 am »
As being cav myself, I say DO NOT remove Horse Archers. Its my main counter class and, even if i find them really annoying (its their job lol), i feel they should be completly part of the game. They sacrifice a lot in order to have decent horse archery accuracy and damage. A real HA does not have Wpf in melee weapons nor any atheltics points so once his horse is down, he's easy to kill. If u cry HA does not have a counter class, yup it does: infantry archers, other HA or even other cavs (working togeter or getting the guy by suprise) can kill an ennemy HA.

Offline Elmiro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nerf three handed weapons
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2011, 03:25:13 am »
Nerf three handed weapons, I'm always killed by that ones, because the're too fast and long now :rolleyes:...please nerf them.

Offline Wildling

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2011, 03:27:25 am »
Who the hell came up to remove Horse-Archers? Seriously.

Facepalm.jpg

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2011, 04:11:44 am »

because polearm agi stackers stunlock you to death with insane speed and reach? while to blockcrush you need a 70 length 8+ weight slow as hell hammer.
that's a greatmaul address. mallet is fine. don't blockcrush too much and need 7+ ps.

and by the way... 2h hammers are the natural shielder's counter. and a good shielder will evade your first blow then feint spam you to death.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2011, 04:38:00 am »
Only noobs complain about crush  :? dont try to explain to them all they have to do is backpedal and spam to counter a slow ass 68 reach hammer they are the slowest weapons ingame for a reason for crying outloud..... they must have all rdy have given up learning at this stage if they are typing here and except the entire mod to be made after their lasy ass style of gameplay.

Btw matey is and agi stacker with 8 ATH how on earth he has a problem with giant slow ass no reach hammers beats me...  even with your 1h weapon i have no clue how your unable to dogde it.. a friendly advice matey try attacking the guy with the hammer instead of goin towards him with your shield raised attack instead of trying to block it.. its acutally the only weapon ingame where u cant be lasy with your turtle build. In Other words dont wait for the enemy to attack like u would do with every other weapon ingame attack is your best option here.

You must either be lasy or just clueless if u cant counter a hammer user with my 1h alt i laugh at warbeast when he charge at me because i know how to counter it and its really simple just do what i said and you will be fine. Backpedal and swing rinse and repeat =?? = profit!!

On the topic i dont really think u can nerf weapons more than u all ready done chadz..

By saying that if u continue to nerf weapons some weapons will end up being useless i kinda like it the way it is now every weapon is unique and each have their own use on the battlefield not like before where evry1 and their mothers used german greatswords or LHB.

My only complaint is the xbow when heirloomed its too powerfull... make sense since its the only set of heirloomed items u havent nerfed yet.

Anyways keep up the good work i trust you dont take too much of the whine here on the forums too slry because then we will end up haveing to fight eachtother with rocks and wooden sticks.. :lol:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:56:48 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2011, 11:02:03 am »
Is it possible to undo the allrdy clicked options? XD

2hers are fine, more difficult but fine.
Lolstab does work, everything else is a myth.

Polearms are ok imo. Except for pike (specially 2 or more pikeman) there is nothing that couldnt be dealed with.

1h. Well, thank god there isnt that many good 1h players...scimitar speed is ridicolius.

Ranged is okay too.

Cav is ok too, just tweak everybodies awareness xD

All in all this mod is freaking balanced atm :-) 2h are still awesome, there is just more challanges :-)
We need strategus for a final decision!