Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67584 times)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2011, 12:52:36 am »
Erm.... woot?. Greatswords are op ? have you seen nerfs ? have you seen stab dmg ? have you seen the stab stun (wtf). Do you play a 2h?

And you dont even think the polearms are op ? what about their sick speed/reach and stun?

I am a 2h, and I think the stab dmg is ok on swords, the animation needs serious fixing imo.
Edit: And I think, polearms are superior to 2hs now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:53:48 am by Momo »
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2011, 12:55:49 am »
Dont put polearms and 2h in the same group dude.

I did not generalize and did not talk about damage etc. - just the speed issue. And that is the same with most poles and the big 2h weapons.
To avoid misunderstandings: while I indeed advocate making the game overall slower, in this case I am just talking about specific "big" weapons being unrealistically fast, most of them in the 2H / pole category. It would also be nice to see real differences between weapons in the same class - e.g. having really heavy crushing things that take 2 seconds to swing opposite to blazing fast eastern blades, etc.
Right now the specs are all quite close together.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2011, 12:56:22 am »
Erm.... woot?. Greatswords are op ? have you seen nerfs ? have you seen stab dmg ? have you seen the stab stun (wtf). Do you play a 2h?

And you dont even think the polearms are op ? what about their sick speed/reach and stun?

Yes I play 2h. Yes I think some of them are op. Stab is for polearms. I think polearm stun is op and a select few of the axe type poles should be 2handers not poles. Feel better?
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2011, 01:02:16 am »
Sry dude, but this is pissing me of. Wanna nerf a alrdy nerfed 2h. Which even have some bugs with animatons. I dont see why, you can still see it as op.

Trying to save the 2h, just a little bit. Wanting to nerf alrdy nerfed shitty weapons... is just... meh.

Btw if you wanna put speed down on pole/2h, you rly gotta put down speed on 1h too. They are just freaking fast. Even with a big heavy shield, and they just have to right-click to block.

Offline IceManX

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2011, 01:10:40 am »
I think its good balanced at the moment.

Upkeep is working very well. Nearly every armor which can be bought is used.
For myself I have armor for every 7 Slots, Leg, Body and so on.
And I use many combinations. Sometimes Plate just for fun, then medium armor for normal play and so on.
Upkeep is good and doesnt need any fixes.

XP gain could be a bit faster, perhaps every 30 seconds a tick instead of every 60 seconds. I think lvling is really difficult at the moment. Imagine you are at x1, gain 1k XP a tick.
Round over at 2min and 40 seconds... you got 2 ticks and 2k XP...
I think you should improve the XP and Gold tick.
Make it 30 seconds and 30 gold and 1k XP (Gen 1).

Buff armor a little bit.
It cant be that a little Sword or a Pitchfork can damage ppl with Mail or better Armor...

And plz look at the blocking.
Sometimes the block is correct and the hits goes straight through the block...
There is something wrong with the hitboxes or perhaps with the animations... I dont know I am not a coder or something like that.
But you make a correct block and the hit still hits you. And I am talking with a latency from 30-50.
And the ghostrange, it cant be that you cant hit someone with a weapon 120+ and the shielder uses his 65+ weapon and still hits you.

Other stuff is nearly fine, perhaps a little tweaking.

Offline LLJK_Brolocaust

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2011, 01:14:06 am »
Despite the amount of complaining on these boards and the amount that I've contributed I've gotta say the game is really well balanced at this point. I've played as all classes except horse archer and I've enjoyed all of them very much, however when I played a thrower 2 months ago I did feel overpowered. However it seems that the throwing class has gone from overpowered to seriously nerfed. I haven't played thrower since the patch but I feel really sorry for anybody who does, I can't imagine myself ever going back to that class with those ridiculous slot limits. My recommendation would be to make all throwing weapons 1 slot and each would come with this many projectiles:

Throwing lance: 1
Jarids: 2
Throwing lances: 2 or 3
Axes: 3
War darts: 5 or 6

and so on... I fell like this would be more balanced.   

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2011, 01:16:38 am »
Nerf roofs

:)
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2011, 01:22:06 am »
Can ONLY select up to 18, damn, jk.  But would be interesting to know results at the end.  Most things are balanced right now, except horses speed/maneuverability stilll pretty high.  Once the January patch nerfed levels and made 3 agility per riding it wasn't immediately an issue because of expensive upkeep, but with upkeep lowered in one of the hotfixes and people accumulating gold for months so cavalry definitely becoming an unbalancing factor.  pre-January you could dodge a lance with good enough athletics, but most people have far less athletics now with level cap so couching lances and lollancings are really easy kills.  Would not be surprised if cav kills have been steadily rising for past 2 months as a percentage of all kills.  They also have been getting fewer and fewer ranged counters so the dancing just out of range and then swooping in with high speed and maneuvarability and almost always a longer weapon except against bamboo spear, long spear, and pike has become quite common.

Uh, if you see a lancer soon enough to try to dodge, why don't you just block down?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2011, 01:24:02 am »
Sry dude, but this is pissing me of. Wanna nerf a alrdy nerfed 2h. Which even have some bugs with animatons. I dont see why, you can still see it as op.

Trying to save the 2h, just a little bit. Wanting to nerf alrdy nerfed shitty weapons... is just... meh.

Btw if you wanna put speed down on pole/2h, you rly gotta put down speed on 1h too. They are just freaking fast. Even with a big heavy shield, and they just have to right-click to block.

No matter what I try but I can never outspam you, 1h is supposed to be fast and light.

In most 1v1s you die as shielder since you bounce SO much even on some stupid medium armor, the only good hit my long espada has is a thrust trough the head because swings besides a good placed thrust or overhead are the only hits that go trough here.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:28:51 am by Thovex »

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2011, 01:46:21 am »
No matter what I try but I can never outspam you, 1h is supposed to be fast and light.

In most 1v1s you die as shielder since you bounce SO much even on some stupid medium armor, the only good hit my long espada has is a thrust trough the head because swings besides a good placed thrust or overhead are the only hits that go trough here.

You aint rly the most experienced shielder :P, specialy not compared to the time that i practiced and practiced mastering the 2h sword (DGS).
But trust me, join me on duel sometime, ill pick up a 1h and spam the hell out of a 2h.

Btw: i have 7 athletics, and i used it ALOT against shielders to do movement, and since you always have kinda heavy armor on, it just helps me and my movement.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:50:53 am by _GTX_ »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2011, 02:00:48 am »
also, this vote is secret, please do not try to influence other people.

I highly recommend you lock any future threads like this, were voting is possible but not any comments.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2011, 02:05:39 am »
Uh, if you see a lancer soon enough to try to dodge, why don't you just block down?

LOL, I do, all the time, but thats like saying if a 2hander is swinging at you, hold up a shield, doesn't make a class somehow not OP just by blocking them (and by the way other than crushthrough weapons, lancers have the only UNBLOCKABLE attack - couched lance).  In actual combat, just go watch NA 100 server with 30-40% of the server going cavalry.  You can downblock the first cav, he tramples you, seccond cav following easily lances you.  Or the more common scenario, you downblock or use a pike all the way to an actual melee fight and as soon as you engage anyone they can turn their horse on a dime (arabian) or charge halfwaya cross the field in a few seconds (courser) and either couch you or lollance you while you are meleeing.

Most cavalry kills are not people being unaware but cavalry having much higher speed and maneuverability and a much longer weapon than most allowing them to take advantage and easily kill anyone engaged in melee.  When you are on a horse just skirt the edges of the fight see someone actually try to melee anyone and you can get there within 2 seconds and lance them in the back, its incredibly easy way to rack up 20, sometimes 30 kills on a map with minimal risk.  The supposed counter of get a pike also doesn't work in that scenario as you cant melee very well if you are using a pike or if you are meleeing  or trying to attack a different cavalry person, the same thing happens to you.

The main reason this is possible is because of the huge bonus the riding skill gives to speed and maneuverability, which wasn't horirble as long as there were few cav on the battlefield (just like when there were few throwers on field before january), but as people have acquired more gold, upkeep is more manageable for many using a horse and the imbalance becomes readily noticeable as they proliferate.  It was actually much easier to dodge a lance before January even though horses lost 2 speed because the riding skill requirement of 6 agility kept riding skill lower, but now with the average riding skill being half again as high as it used to be it actually made horses faster and more maneuverable with 2 less speed stats.  Most lances outrange all but the longest polearms (think pikeman but with much greater mobility and a much larger speed bonus), so unless they are really average or bad they will hit you before you strike their horse and downblocking doesn't make them go away they just spin a 180 and hit you when you are meleeing or facing a different horseman.

The best evidence is just watch most fights nowadays and the practical reality of any map with even remotely flat terrain, inevitably cav completely dominate the battlefield every round.  Don't look at your own self as a horseman but how it actually plays out ina  balancing or unbalancing role in large group fights with multiple cavalry.  Inevitably, individual cav don't think speed/maneuvarbility need to be reduced, but thats never the whole picture from agame balancing perspective.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:14:01 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2011, 02:12:48 am »
i chose "leave everything as it is" because the poll state only the DAMAGE factor with in my opinion is well balanced.

besides that, jarids and throwing lances are no more. i don't mean there are less jarids around. there aren't. the slots thing is good but restricting a thrower with only a pike/poleaxe/voulge/any 2slots melee and a pack of 3 jarids is imo a heavy nerf.

my main is a twohander but i have to say that now the damage is pretty good as it is. sword stabs still do damage without instakilling everything. (and they still instakill to the head)
mallet is fine. it crushthru in a balanced way. needs to be holded and in precise distance to pass the block.

poleaxes (german, elegant and the similar poleaxe) have imo too much thrust compared to other pikes.

only thing i can't get is why the elite scimitar still have that speed with that phantom reach and that damage. the spamitar/huscarl combo is still the same... so i think must be something wrong.

overall imo the game is balanced.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2011, 02:15:26 am »
After reading some posts from other people, I demand a "buff xp" poll option!
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2011, 02:23:02 am »
I'd like to add a buff xp as a poll question too.