Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67594 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2011, 02:43:06 am »
Yeah great idea. Show them your unprotected back while you are still in striking range.

first off, i wasnt complaining about 2hers, i was talking specifically about crush through weapons, not all 2hers. secondly, what the other guy said... getting hit in the back sucks.

i do that a lot of times. ofc after parrying a swing. in the maul case, stay out of reach. period. is not written anywhere that you should go face a mauler. is the same thing as running with a twohander/polearm to an archer head on.

well you can try to learn WHEN fast turning 180 degrees, running and doing a surprise thrust/overhead... is the only way to dispatch a small group of enemies without being ganked. footwork and athletics are your friends. use it.

and if you can't, just don't do sarcasm with "great idea" or "fuc*in genius!".

as a twohander am i supposed to cry rivers about throwers/xboiw/archers? is not a must...

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2011, 03:08:10 am »
my build is based on being able to fight 5 guys at a time :P thats why it bugs me that athletics doesnt do more, it sucks when the tin can tanks can keep up despite having way more armour and way less agi/ath

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2011, 11:09:52 am »
i do that a lot of times. ofc after parrying a swing. in the maul case, stay out of reach. period. is not written anywhere that you should go face a mauler. is the same thing as running with a twohander/polearm to an archer head on.

well you can try to learn WHEN fast turning 180 degrees, running and doing a surprise thrust/overhead... is the only way to dispatch a small group of enemies without being ganked. footwork and athletics are your friends. use it.

and if you can't, just don't do sarcasm with "great idea" or "fuc*in genius!".

Weeell, onehand weapons are quite short. I am still in their range after a parry.

Offline Khurt

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2011, 12:03:10 pm »
Are you crazy? Nerf shield? Their "force field" got so nerfed that with my kyte shield (req of 3) I need to perfectly look straight at the archer and he can still hit my feet! If your an archer an cry to shielders, guess what, it's ur counter. If you can't shoot his feet, it's cuz he pumped a good amount of points into his shield skill, (or that you suck at archery?) accept that you can't defeat a shielder as an archer, again it's ur counter!.

Also, archers (I have an alt archer) are perfectly fine right now with the quiver sizes. Why do you think they have put the slot requirement? It's to be sure archers would not be able to shoot tons of arrows on top of having a melee weapon and a warbow/longbow. If you want more arrows, do not carry a melee weapon.  Also, if a melee guy tries to carry 3 shield, he will be slow as fuck! As soon as you have 2 shields, you get a huge penalty at ur athletics. So you can't compare guys with 3 shields with archers with 3 quivers... it's really not the same thing. Man I'm tired of ppl crying to nerf their counter class.

cavalry is supposed to counter archers, not foot infantry :/

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2011, 12:24:06 pm »
Weeell, onehand weapons are quite short. I am still in their range after a parry.

you should try the lolite spamitar then... nobody force you to use a steel pick, warhammer or similar...

and btw, you don't need to be in your strike zone to block. you just need to be in your enemy strike zone.

and again, maul is way shorter than 1h weapons.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2011, 01:53:34 pm »
Swords are supposed to be fast. In real life, there aren't any 40 pound heavy swords. It's a myth. Take look at this: http://www.thearma.org/essays/2HGS.html

I don't know about the weight and speed of two handed axes, though.

Even though I agree somewhat with your point, if you actually read that article they point out that true two handed swords were more of a renaissance thing rather than a medieval thing.

Logically they shouldnt even be in the game, not forgetting that the swords they are testing are ones used during the 15-16th century not medieval and so not relevant to this discussion  :mrgreen:.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2011, 03:15:35 pm »

kill lolhammer with 1h is very easy first of all except steel pick pretty much all other 1h outrange a lolhammer. 2nd  if he fail first swing, you can hit twice first than he attack back, (and with steel pick means he is dead) and if you stay near him and he is stupid enought to try an overhead  again  you just need to circle him use left swing and hit on head.

with a sword 90-100+ range you can pretty much outrange him  with right attack and pierce attack all time. never entering  the "risk zone"

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2011, 04:03:07 pm »
Even though I agree somewhat with your point, if you actually read that article they point out that true two handed swords were more of a renaissance thing rather than a medieval thing.
Two handed GREAT swords. Text is about them, while it is logical that all of the smaller swords were lighter (such as William Wallace claymore, for example). Two handed swords were used throughout middle ages, and especially in the last century and a half of middle ages (middle ages 476 AD - 1492 AD or 476AD - 1453 AD depending on the periodization also include part of the period of renaissance), while their length peaked in 16th and 17th century. I agree that they weren't predominant weapon of medieval times, but they definitely should be in the game.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2011, 10:37:26 pm »
cavalry is supposed to counter archers, not foot infantry :/

lol alert archers will eat cav ponies for breakfast

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2011, 08:03:54 am »
I think archery needs a little nerf strategus aimed: the reduced armors value means they can still be the rulers of the battlefield so for the sake of a less fps oriented crpg you should find something to limit that.
But I also think you are already aware of this problem

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2011, 09:07:50 am »

kill lolhammer with 1h is very easy first of all except steel pick pretty much all other 1h outrange a lolhammer. 2nd  if he fail first swing, you can hit twice first than he attack back, (and with steel pick means he is dead) and if you stay near him and he is stupid enought to try an overhead  again  you just need to circle him use left swing and hit on head.

with a sword 90-100+ range you can pretty much outrange him  with right attack and pierce attack all time. never entering  the "risk zone"

that works great on most of the inexperienced players who pick up a great maul. try it on the good players though and youll be paste most of the time.

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2011, 12:14:31 pm »
I think the horse archers would need a small slot based nerf.  Strongbow and Khergitbow currently uses only 1 slot, which doesn't really change anything from ha equipment.

Another nerf should go for the lancing from mounted. Currently i can 1 hit (just a normal thrust attack) almoust anything from horseback with my lancer.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2011, 12:36:22 pm »
Yeah, lances deal way too much damage, like they always did. If i hit hit horse with my spear, i barely do any damage, but lancer can just one hit me :/

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2011, 12:44:08 pm »
its speed bonus that need nerf

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2011, 08:41:35 pm »
its speed bonus that need nerf

I disagree, it's a vital part of M&B gameplay.

What lances need is a slight range nerf, to allow warspear and similar to outrange them IF they aim for the horse. (And cav ofc need maneuver fixed asap!)

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die