Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67579 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2011, 11:48:05 am »
So the Archer animation in cRPG is from the Combat Animation Enhancement mod, which is also where the short-lived new polearm thrust came from. I'm curious, have the rest of these animations ever been considered? The polearm thrust looked wonky mixed in with Native animations, but worked well with the other re-tooled animations. New 1hand/shield animations are outstanding, especially.

For my part, I said buff throwing, that's it, everything else seems fairly balanced to me.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2011, 02:29:59 pm »
two handers should be slowed down a good bit. Theres no way you can swing a 40 pound axe/sword repeatedly where in real life its even hard to keep the momentum of repeatedly swinging a baseball bat down.

Or add stamina for 2hand users. First hit is the strongest and from there speed and damage are reduced.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2011, 02:33:37 pm »
Swords are supposed to be fast. In real life, there aren't any 40 pound heavy swords. It's a myth. Take look at this: http://www.thearma.org/essays/2HGS.html

I don't know about the weight and speed of two handed axes, though.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:36:15 pm by Corwinus »
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2011, 02:53:42 pm »
the longer the 2h sword is, the harder it is to stop the swing, though.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2011, 04:44:34 pm »
two handers should be slowed down a good bit. Theres no way you can swing a 40 pound axe/sword repeatedly where in real life its even hard to keep the momentum of repeatedly swinging a baseball bat down.

Or add stamina for 2hand users. First hit is the strongest and from there speed and damage are reduced.

Nerf 2h swords even more ? wtf dude ? They alrdy suck.
And you could swing sword fast irl. And this is also a game, and it needs to be balanced, and atm polearms has better reach, dmg, stab and they have a stun. So the 2h´s need to be buffed, not nerfed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:57:40 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2011, 05:03:00 pm »
I mean more so, the long the reach the slower the swing.

Offline Wildling

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2011, 06:27:44 pm »
Nerf 2h swords even more ? wtf dude ? They alrdy suck.
And you could swing sword fast irl. And this is also a game, and it needs to be balanced, and atm polearms has better reach, dmg, stab and they have a stun. So the 2h´s need to be buffed, not nerfed.

They already suck? LOL

When most people run around with 2hander swinging them like no-other, you can't even counter attack with an 1hander before you get lolstabbed again.

Also the 180 stab is back.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2011, 08:00:28 pm »
They already suck? LOL

When most people run around with 2hander swinging them like no-other, you can't even counter attack with an 1hander before you get lolstabbed again.

You can counter them, 1h do just fine when using 1337 spamitar and some broken shield. 2h have advantage on high skill level play, but at low .. not much.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2011, 08:23:20 pm »
They already suck? LOL

QQ, there is no wat to spam a shielder in a balanced build or even an agi one, unless you go full agi ofc.You being spammed just means you have shit footwork and/or skill.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2011, 09:05:11 pm »

Btw matey is and agi stacker with 8 ATH how on earth he has a problem with giant slow ass no reach hammers beats me...  even with your 1h weapon i have no clue how your unable to dogde it.. a friendly advice matey try attacking the guy with the hammer instead of goin towards him with your shield raised attack instead of trying to block it.. its acutally the only weapon ingame where u cant be lasy with your turtle build. In Other words dont wait for the enemy to attack like u would do with every other weapon ingame attack is your best option here.

You must either be lasy or just clueless if u cant counter a hammer user with my 1h alt i laugh at warbeast when he charge at me because i know how to counter it and its really simple just do what i said and you will be fine. Backpedal and swing rinse and repeat =?? = profit!!

ah you are a bright fellow aren't you? it's a shame you dont play on NA servers so i wont get the chance to rip you to pieces.
As I said in my thread about athletics, Athletics is not doing enough right now. what that means is that Mr Great maul with 3 athletics, is fast enough to remain in striking distance DESPITE me backpedaling. P.s. most great maul players are horrible and i just get them to waste their first swing at the air then spam them to death... the problem is when GOOD players take great mauls and stack as much agi as they can. Palatro is always my favourite example of this, he used to rock 7 or 8 athletics with a great maul (that was before they increased STR requirment on it) so you would backpedal from him, and he would run forward into your range, you would swing at him with your superior reach, he would block then line up an overhead, you try to get out of reach, you cant, you die.
anyways, crushthrough hasnt been much of an issue with me since this latest patch, the best news is that very few good players use great mauls these days. I wouldn't mind seeing it removed completely, but I also don't really mind it too much where it is, I generally just stay the hell away from great mauls if i know there is a good player wielding it, I can't backpedal out of their reach, but i can avoid going anywhere near them to begin with.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2011, 09:51:49 pm »
to be honest im a 2h-xbow, that means that my enemys are archers.
but i think that the horses need a little buff :D

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2011, 09:52:34 pm »
ah you are a bright fellow aren't you? it's a shame you dont play on NA servers so i wont get the chance to rip you to pieces.
As I said in my thread about athletics, Athletics is not doing enough right now. what that means is that Mr Great maul with 3 athletics, is fast enough to remain in striking distance DESPITE me backpedaling. P.s. most great maul players are horrible and i just get them to waste their first swing at the air then spam them to death... the problem is when GOOD players take great mauls and stack as much agi as they can. Palatro is always my favourite example of this, he used to rock 7 or 8 athletics with a great maul (that was before they increased STR requirment on it) so you would backpedal from him, and he would run forward into your range, you would swing at him with your superior reach, he would block then line up an overhead, you try to get out of reach, you cant, you die.
anyways, crushthrough hasnt been much of an issue with me since this latest patch, the best news is that very few good players use great mauls these days. I wouldn't mind seeing it removed completely, but I also don't really mind it too much where it is, I generally just stay the hell away from great mauls if i know there is a good player wielding it, I can't backpedal out of their reach, but i can avoid going anywhere near them to begin with.

backpedaling isn't the way to get out of reach. turn back 180°, get some distance and engage again. oh wait... is simplier to press the community and nerf the two handers...

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:57 pm »
Yeah great idea. Show them your unprotected back while you are still in striking range.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2011, 11:01:13 pm »

Where are you getting this figure, 40 pounds? Great Maul, the heaviest 2hander I believe, is only 8 pounds, most swords are below 6 pounds. Your average 1hander + shield combo is about 6+ pounds.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2011, 12:09:30 am »
backpedaling isn't the way to get out of reach. turn back 180°, get some distance and engage again. oh wait... is simplier to press the community and nerf the two handers...

first off, i wasnt complaining about 2hers, i was talking specifically about crush through weapons, not all 2hers. secondly, what the other guy said... getting hit in the back sucks.