Author Topic: (length issue).Katana vs Spathion,Paramerion  (Read 6969 times)

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
Re: (length issue).Katana vs Spathion,Paramerion
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 05:17:38 pm »
+5
95 is the small katana version used..Myamoto Musashi had a longer version of katana of 110 cm..
Thats why i believe 100 cm is a good katana length

Well make a model of a 100cm katana. Make a thread in the suggestions and I'm sure the cRPG dev team will be delighted with your help.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 06:17:09 pm »
You know. I've heard a lot of suggestions in my time about increasing katana length and I'm against it.

I like the niche katana is in. Making it longer, it's just another bastard sword. What I enjoy is trying out different weapons, which means different playstyles. Which is why I dislike any balance suggestion that decrease the diversity of the gameplay.

this, dont dull it down, please.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 07:06:51 pm »
+8
This thread belongs (if i may say so) in the "realism discussion" section.... to be forgotten there forever.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 07:21:18 pm »
+1
95 is the small katana version used..Myamoto Musashi had a longer version of katana of 110 cm..
Thats why i believe 100 cm is a good katana length

Musashi also beat someone down with an oar, we should add that as well then.

You want a longer katana, use a nodachi. It is as Korgoth has been telling you, not all swords were the same length. You are asking for such minute changes in length that most players, probably including you, would probably not notice it in a practical setting.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 07:28:59 pm »
+1

You want a longer katana, use a nodachi. It is as Korgoth has been telling you, not all swords were the same length. You are asking for such minute changes in length that most players, probably including you, would probably not notice it in a practical setting.
a longer Katana would be a noticeable change, trust me.. :P

what horrors it would cause
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 08:08:16 pm »
+3
I think you should be careful anyway with comparing the length of the weapon in cRPG to real life cm. It depends on the grip, it only takes into account the length past the grip and 1 length might not even actually be a centimeter, just something close.

In fact, when looking at this screenshot, everything from the hand and up is supposed to be the cRPG weapon length as far as I know, which in case of 103 cm blade length, would make the character about 2 meters.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 09:49:54 pm »
I think you should be careful anyway with comparing the length of the weapon in cRPG to real life cm. It depends on the grip, it only takes into account the length past the grip and 1 length might not even actually be a centimeter, just something close.

In fact, when looking at this screenshot, everything from the hand and up is supposed to be the cRPG weapon length as far as I know, which in case of 103 cm blade length, would make the character about 2 meters.
(click to show/hide)

to the length thingy
A char is 2 1/2 wooden sticks big what makes 156.5 cm in total what is a normal(bit too small) size of a medieval person

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 01:21:26 am »

I am so down with adding an oar as a peasant polearm (passive bonus: increases movement speed in water :D)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 03:36:12 pm »
+1
This "Its historically inaccurate" is just your own pathetic way of trying easly increasing your own game performance with little effort Ras. Cause you use a katana. Alot of weapons are historically inaccurate. But you go straight for the katana cause you are a crap player who wouldnt last even a minute on the battlefield without that spammingweapon. Luckly it does have its weaknesses and you cant accept the fact that you just suck.

There is no god damn lenght issue with the Katana. By game balance its just fine. Deal with it looser. Use a No-Dachi if you want more range in your Eastern weapon. But you wont do that. Cause without spamming lots of feints you are nothing...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:43:04 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 04:24:31 pm »
This "Its historically inaccurate" is just your own pathetic way of trying easly increasing your own game performance with little effort Ras. Cause you use a katana. Alot of weapons are historically inaccurate. But you go straight for the katana cause you are a crap player who wouldnt last even a minute on the battlefield without that spammingweapon. Luckly it does have its weaknesses and you cant accept the fact that you just suck.

There is no god damn lenght issue with the Katana. By game balance its just fine. Deal with it looser. Use a No-Dachi if you want more range in your Eastern weapon. But you wont do that. Cause without spamming lots of feints you are nothing...

Dude why you mad?Did i kill you in duel despite you having "100%" block?Did i make your eyes bleed?

cant you post something without insulting and acting like an internet thug?

Please Internet  rambo chill.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 04:43:26 pm »
+1
Basically cause you are a fail excuse for a troll. Your trolls are always very lame. You are like a failing clown who keeps constantly throwing pies in a guys face and goes "funny huh?" and repeats same thing for many hours straight, not being able to catch a clue that people stopped laughing long ago and now just pitty you...

Its like once in duel you went like "autoblocking fucker"... It was funny at first, but than it got wierd when you spammed the chat with basically some wierd autoblock crap for 10 whole minutes straight. You are a wierd dude... And your wierdness just keeps escalating over time cause you are so clueless of the fact that you are not funny, but since you are always in denial and want to prove otherwise you just keep at it.

And I am pretty "chill".........

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 05:02:39 pm »
Basically cause you are a fail excuse for a troll. Your trolls are always very lame. You are like a failing clown who keeps constantly throwing pies in a guys face and goes "funny huh?" and repeats same thing for many hours straight, not being able to catch a clue that people stopped laughing long ago and now just pitty you...

Its like once in duel you went like "autoblocking fucker"... It was funny at first, but than it got wierd when you spammed the chat with basically some wierd autoblock crap for 10 whole minutes straight. You are a wierd dude... And your wierdness just keeps escalating over time cause you are so clueless of the fact that you are not funny, but since you are always in denial and want to prove otherwise you just keep at it.

And I am pretty "chill".........

You are on rage son..You lost from a duel from a guy with manual block and now you are raging..acting like a thug from your PC.
You need to relax its a game..I dint spam any chat since my warning man no need for lies..

From your post i understand  that you might be underaged.
This is a length issue post.But you came here to rage on me..nice...

Now call your lil gang to come and give me -1

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 06:18:20 pm »
I have no gang. Everybody here has a mind of their own. If they -1d you, they also werent amused.

And stop with the "you are raging, this is a game" speech. It is especially ironic that its you thats writing this. I think you should remember this lot more than me.

I dont rage in duel, I didnt write or complain about anything when you won. I have no problem with loosing in duel. I only rage in battle(and even than only my neibhours know about it :D). Dont think yourself that special. I loose alot, im an awful player. I dont rage cause you beat me, I rage cause you are a moron and you spam chats and forums with your fail trolling. And mybe you havent done it in a while now, I havent been around much these weeks, but before you did and im not the only one saying this.

Its also funny that you try to act like you are the cool guy here by using words like "you are on rage son" and "underaged".

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2013, 06:35:06 pm »
Love when a guy goes on bitching about someone -1ing him while -1ing that guys post.

Also, Ras go back to the realism section were you belong.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2013, 06:56:41 pm »
Love when a guy goes on bitching about someone -1ing him while -1ing that guys post.

Also, Ras go back to the realism section were you belong.

i should man..there is where i belong :)