Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 43669 times)

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 09:24:43 pm »
+2

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:46 pm »
+1
TOM AND ME GONNA CONQUER ELSWEYR NIGGUHS! THE DESERT IS OURS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2012, 01:42:05 am »
+3

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 01:57:31 am »
+3
SWTOR all over again

• take a great singleplayer series
  • remove every gameplay mechanic and replace with generic mmo (WoW) mechanics.
  • cartoonify graphics.
  • make auto-aim & auto-attack.
  • add treadmill to grind
  • add subscription fee/cash shop
  • PROFIT

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2012, 02:06:25 am »
+2
SWTOR all over again

• take a great singleplayer series
  • remove every gameplay mechanic and replace with generic mmo (WoW) mechanics.
  • cartoonify graphics.
  • make auto-aim & auto-attack.
  • add treadmill to grind
  • add subscription fee/cash shop
  • PROFIT

Wat? They mentioned a system that specifically does not auto-attack. I understand what you are saying, and I have similar concerns, but it sounds like you already came in with an opinion and never bothered to watch the video  :|
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 02:24:19 am »
+1

Wat? They mentioned a system that specifically does not auto-attack. I understand what you are saying, and I have similar concerns, but it sounds like you already came in with an opinion and never bothered to watch the video  :|

your right I didnt watch it all when I posted that, but I had watched/read other stuff on it. Ive watched it now, graphics are better than I expected, but still somewhat cartoonified.

anyway swtor was technically not auto attack either you hit 1 for each attack, did it really make a diffence? no was still standard autoaim mmo combat.

I garentee ESO will not have a crosshair. it has classes not skills. darkfall was much more of an elderscrolls mmo than this ever will be, lore excluded.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 06:24:31 am »
+1
"We have twenty years of lore to draw upon that we just retconned to make three arbitrary groupings of races". "You can wear what you want although we rid the gameplay of weight actually affecting speed with the last one and the materials always went in a linear fashion". "Level 50 is the beginning even though every other ES protagonist ended up being a demi-god and plowing to the end by ~30".

(click to show/hide)

And how!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 08:11:06 am »
+1

anyway swtor was technically not auto attack either you hit 1 for each attack, did it really make a diffence? no was still standard autoaim mmo combat

Afaik it will be similar to TES: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc.. with combat system. So it sounds like definitely a better fighting system than other MMO's like Gay Wars 2, WoW, SWTOR etc..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2012, 02:58:00 pm »
+1
Afaik it will be similar to TES: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc.. with combat system.

The video says otherwise. How can this be possibly true when it isn't in 1p camera ?

Offline Aku_Ankka

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aku_Ankka, Minni_Hiiri, Roope_Ankka, Hessu_Hopo
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 03:07:11 pm »
+1
TES combat system sucks anyways... Even in Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim it sucked.

The video says otherwise. How can this be possibly true when it isn't in 1p camera ?
How couldn't it? I mean you could play in 3rd person in all the previous TES games anyways... Basically you just got block & attack key, I don't see how 3rd person could possibly prevent this kind of combat system.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 03:09:45 pm »
+1
6:19 to 6:24 may be in 3p, but at least I don't see a skill bar.  :mrgreen:
Pock gobblers

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 03:10:00 pm »
+1
TES combat system sucks anyways... Even in Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim it sucked.

It only sucks because there's no directional attacking and blocking. They are literally that close from having a combat system nearly as awesome as the m&b series.

How couldn't it? I mean you could play in 3rd person in all the previous TES games anyways... Basically you just got block & attack key, I don't see how 3rd person could possibly prevent this kind of combat system.

The 3rd person camera in TES games has traditionally been terrible. Only in Skyrim it started being ok for everything not involving actually playing the game (aka, making nice screenshots). It is not accurate enough, and your character blocks too much of your sight. It also ruins immersion for me but I guess that's a personal thing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:15:06 pm by Kafein »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 03:13:14 pm »
+2
Afaik it will be similar to TES: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc.. with combat system. So it sounds like definitely a better fighting system than other MMO's like Gay Wars 2, WoW, SWTOR etc..

Still, it seems like a shit game for twats. That combatsystem, atleast according to the vid looked like same bullshit as all other MMOs. Magicalpants and levels count for 95% and 5% goes for you clicking your shithead abilities and whaling on your opponent without doing any of the actual work.  The combat may be similar to the other TES games, but its still same regular MMO type of crap if everybody has 5million HP and takes forever to take down while pulling off wierd and crappy lightshowattacks. Than it still ends up with just spamattacks.

Clearly I am extremely sceptical about this, as Bethesta doesnt really have any experience with multiplayergames. Their singleplayer games are legendary, but not multi.

Offline Aku_Ankka

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aku_Ankka, Minni_Hiiri, Roope_Ankka, Hessu_Hopo
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2012, 03:20:09 pm »
Still, it seems like a shit game for twats. That combatsystem, atleast according to the vid looked like same bullshit as all other MMOs. Magicalpants and levels count for 95% and 5% goes for you clicking your shithead abilities and whaling on your opponent without doing any of the actual work.  The combat may be similar to the other TES games, but its still same regular MMO type of crap if everybody has 5million HP and takes forever to take down while pulling off wierd and crappy lightshowattacks. Than it still ends up with just spamattacks.

Clearly I am extremely sceptical about this, as Bethesta doesnt really have any experience with multiplayergames. Their singleplayer games are legendary, but not multi.
Well, there's a reason why this isn't developed by Bethesda... "...Developed by the team at Zenimax Online Studios..."

And well, of course it's still MMORPG, if you don't like MMORPGs, you probably won't like this game. But at least I think that at this point it's going to be the best MMORPG I have played (at least hope).

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2012, 03:21:38 pm »
+1
Yeah, the combat looked absolutely awful in that video.