Author Topic: Murmurs of Discontent among 2h Fighters  (Read 5931 times)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Re: Murmurs of Discontent among 2h Fighters
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:39 pm »
Didn't have it with pikes, but sometimes greatswords pass the shield. It's not when he's standing in front, but when he is standing to the side - sideslash that clearly hits the shield graphically but just passes through it. Could be shield size as well as (or combined with) lag. Imo it's a hitbox issue - maybe the game thinks you are standing 1m next to where you see yourself - I think it is intended that say a left block doesn't cover you against a sword coming from your left but only touching your right side, if people were displaced this would explain all my issues.
Including the one where I beheaded an enemy right through my teammate, so it's definately not an excuse.  :oops:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 08:08:09 pm »
Pikes are just bugged as hell. You can curve around and through walls with them, maybe that works on shields as well? Dunno, never use pikes.

Yeah..... I've been hit multiple times by pikers that are standing behind a teammate shielder. The pike just goes through their teammate and hits me.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 08:33:22 pm »
Perhaps we could try duelling with two players blocking sideways swings, positioning themselves directly in front of each other, then a little to the left and a little to the right to test whether or not the hitboxes are where they should be?
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 08:37:13 pm »
Hmm ... I think you'd have to keep moving for actual battle conditions (hitbox positions maybe not updating correctly with movement) and duel server is less laggy than battle. We could spawn 100 horses to lag everyone like the templars like to do though.  :wink:

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 10:07:27 pm »
That's assuming that the problem is lag.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 05:13:23 am »
Spawning 100 horses might cause a low framerate for you, but it's not guaranteed to increase server load significantly. You shouldn't mix lag with low framerate, they are different problems.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 11:30:14 am »
I dueled Purmillus yesterday and there was something weird while blocking, but i also still fail a decent amount of blocks so it's just an impression. A proper test has to be done on this to see if there's some bug with hitboxes/blocking. We blame the lag because that affects blocking universally, if i go from 70 to 100 ping (with everyone having +30 ping so it indicated server lag) i tend to fail alot more blocks. The new features they want to introduce also scare me, it's already lagging, we shouldn't overextend this mod.

Offline Waffle

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja's
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Waffle; Fezzman
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 11:44:36 am »
I dueled Purmillus yesterday and there was something weird while blocking, but i also still fail a decent amount of blocks so it's just an impression. A proper test has to be done on this to see if there's some bug with hitboxes/blocking. We blame the lag because that affects blocking universally, if i go from 70 to 100 ping (with everyone having +30 ping so it indicated server lag) i tend to fail alot more blocks. The new features they want to introduce also scare me, it's already lagging, we shouldn't overextend this mod.
  +1
I blocked someone the other day with an up block yet it was a thrust, and since the patch the game doesnt register my mouse movements correctly.

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 12:11:49 pm »
I only noticed it with polearms, not that much on 2h or 1h.

Offline Ache

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 01:19:29 pm »
Noticed a weird thing yesterday,i was backstabbing someone and when he turned around he made a block to his left and parried my overhead attack.
I heard the parry sound and i had 60 ping so it was not caused by lags.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 01:38:16 pm »
I play at around 30-40 ping, I'm an extremely good blocker and I've dueled other extremely good blockers and we all have the same problem.

Hits going through perfect blocks even though we're both DIRECTLY infront of each others, hits going right through shields, blocking attacks with the wrong block (I blocked numerous overheads with left blocks somehow).

Ever since the new patch servers have had a weird lag, even though I'm playing at 30-40 ping, it feels more like I'm playing at 150 ping with people phasing right through me, hits coming out of nowhere with NO animation, etc.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 02:27:15 pm »
The new features they want to introduce also scare me, it's already lagging, we shouldn't overextend this mod.

+1

Offline IceManX

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 02:49:37 pm »
I play at around 30-40 ping, I'm an extremely good blocker and I've dueled other extremely good blockers and we all have the same problem.

Hits going through perfect blocks even though we're both DIRECTLY infront of each others, hits going right through shields, blocking attacks with the wrong block (I blocked numerous overheads with left blocks somehow).

Ever since the new patch servers have had a weird lag, even though I'm playing at 30-40 ping, it feels more like I'm playing at 150 ping with people phasing right through me, hits coming out of nowhere with NO animation, etc.

Yes I recognized the same thing.
I am not that ultra skilled blocker, but prepatch I could block nearly everything.
At the moment I cant block, sometimes my characters doesnt react and block. Then sometimes I block and the hit goes through my well placed block.
I am also playing with a ping around 35-50. But often when I rightclick then I dont block, character is not reacting. Or as I said I make a good block and the enemy still hits me...

chadz should take a look, perhaps its a bug. Prepatch there was no problem.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 06:36:01 pm »
Noticed a weird thing yesterday,i was backstabbing someone and when he turned around he made a block to his left and parried my overhead attack.
I heard the parry sound and i had 60 ping so it was not caused by lags.
I've had this too - I blocked an overhead which was actually a feint, but when my opponent suddenly changed to a left swing my overhead block still stopped the blow without me correcting my block.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1224
  • Infamy: 401
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 08:03:16 pm »
While using polearms I had little or no problems blocking using Great Long Bardiche but blocking with Bec de Corbin was really painful experience, pretty much as blocking using 1H short sword.