Author Topic: sparvico's day in the office  (Read 9554 times)

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
Re: sparvico's day in the office
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 08:32:44 pm »
+5
Badplayer just likes to complain about everything. He's one of those people that cried when trump got elected.

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2017, 08:33:17 pm »
*grinning on deathbed while pondering over your life achievements" ahhh.. the hours spent defending the CSA, the days penning essays about the brand of hoodie trayvon martin was wearing, the time I mocked muslims fleeing a warzone, all the upvotes, all the lols, the time i got banned for typing nig-*sudden jolt w/ insane convulsions muffling screams of agony* NO.. we don't talk about that anymore..

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2017, 08:36:40 pm »
+1
really tho what are you talking about

woah motherfucker I hope you didn't just say I was defending the CSA

traitors deserved what Sherman gave them
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2017, 08:37:38 pm »
+8
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2017, 08:53:24 pm »
+4
they are far more likely to quit because of ranged bundle of stickss like you.

I won't sleep tonight, stop bullying me dude.

Besides , merc mod still has a shitty community, and I fully admit I don't know what drives these guys to play a shittier version of cRPG mechanically speaking. Yet there's something you guys don't understand, it is that people prefer to chill rather than having to mute the chat because some nerds feel like they want to pick a fight with everyone. While I admit one can rage once in a while, there is a difference between going full retard occasionally and being a cunt constantly. The latter is just too damaging not to be dealt with, and saying "look, they're doing better while having more retards, let's make the experience as toxic as possible" is certainly not a good way to get cRPG back to high levels of players. Note that I'm not talking only about trashtalking, I'm also including people griefing and so on.

It's still quite incredible that common sense is still not that common in 2017.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2017, 09:01:37 pm »
+5
I won't sleep tonight, stop bullying me dude.

Besides , merc mod still has a shitty community, and I fully admit I don't know what drives these guys to play a shittier version of cRPG mechanically speaking. Yet there's something you guys don't understand, it is that people prefer to chill rather than having to mute the chat because some nerds feel like they want to pick a fight with everyone. While I admit one can rage once in a while, there is a difference between going full retard occasionally and being a cunt constantly. The latter is just too damaging not to be dealt with, and saying "look, they're doing better while having more retards, let's make the experience as toxic as possible" is certainly not a good way to get cRPG back to high levels of players. Note that I'm not talking only about trashtalking, I'm also including people griefing and so on.

It's still quite incredible that common sense is still not that common in 2017.

Well I don't spam stupid shit in chat and rarely look at or use chat at all, it's 2017 I use voice comms so it doesn't bother me, and probably doesn't bother most other people. Mute or kick is fine if they go overboard, banning irreplaceable people that we'll never get back is a bad idea and will only lead to more ppl quitting.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:05:01 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2017, 11:37:26 pm »
ha hah haaa adults talking about bans on a video game server  :lol: luckily our admins our governmental employees, just wait till the taco supreme court hears about this.
(click to show/hide)
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2017, 01:09:45 am »
+8
Wow this passionate plea in defense of free speech has totally changed my opinion on people spamming slurs in chat like they are 10 year olds on xbox live.

(click to show/hide)

Calling people "(young age) on xbox live" is not, and will never be an argument. A mute function exists ingame, there is no reason to censor the chat. The only time a ban should be administered is if the chat *actually* gets spammed.
The problem doesn't lie with anyone's self control. The problem lies with the assumption that you can tell others what is and isn't okay to say without repercussions.

"more people would play if there weren't constantly slurs in the chat!"
The vast majority of players don't give a fuck, I'd imagine. There is a vocal minority on one side of the argument, and a vocal minority on the other side of it. In the middle lies the larger cRPG community, who I can't imagine gives a fuck after literal YEARS of being in this community. It's been mentioned that there is not only a mute function in game, but an ability to turn ingame chat off as a whole. Is this the admin's only argument for banning players who use "slurs"? It's not a very good one. It's not based on anything real, it's merely the admins projecting their own (butthurt) feelings on the vast majority of people who play cRPG, to the detriment of the game's playerbase as a whole. Need I remind you that needless admining has actually killed the game in the past? Potty mouths never have, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:07:36 am by Rand0 »
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2017, 01:12:55 am »
+4
**  Will proof-read later.  Sorry in a rush.  Forgive any mis-types.  **

Let me lay some real truth down and bring some reason.

Point 1

Let's make this clear... gameplay-trolling and chat-offenses should be looked at as two totally different things.

Gameplay-trolling being delaying, TKing, and general abuse of the game itself.  Chat-offense should be looked at as totally different.

I could easily agree that Gameplay-trolling could discourage new players to sticking around.  Dying early in a round, then having long wait times because someone is delaying could certainly do it.  Getting TK'd or interferred with because players are bro-coding against you.  That'll surely do it.

But chat causing you to not stick around... seriously?  You guys seriously think that?  It's not!

You've got to start looking at gameplay-trolling different than chat-offenses... because it totally is.  Trolling could have reasonable punishments because it could truly steer new players away (if there's actually new players).  Chat simply will not.

Point 2

Honestly if an 8 times permabanned dalit such as myself can play for the past few weeks without getting in trouble once, other people have no excuse and are just griefers of the worst calibre- the unfunny kind.

So you've been perma-banned 8 times?  So obviously you've been a nuisance to this community and mod in the past.  But we are suppose to think you have good ideas and know what's best.

I mean come on!  Not trying to be a dick cause I disagree with you so much.  The facts are facts!  You've been banned 8 times.  Can't have a great head on your shoulders!  Or at least not in the past.

Point 3

NA and EU are different places.  Tired of EU players telling us how NA is suppose to operate.  Just because you Euro dudes can't get your server up and going or populated... don't come ruin our fun.

The States and your Grand Union across the Atlantic consist of much different cultures.  We are the land that spawned Mel Brooks and Blazing Saddles.  Racial humor is a part of our culture.  And sure, this community is way demented with their humor.  But that's part of it's appeal.  The interwebz as a whole is kind of a giant cesspool.  cRPG NA just has some really funny and clever folks swimming in it.

Let NA be NA!

Point 4

With chat abuse not keeping players away.  And I know you can say that's just my opinion.  But here's the deal...

There's not really any new players coming along.  There's just not.  And of that small number... how many do you really think is leaving because of chat?  Seriously?  It's got to be very, very small if any.

Compare that to the number of faithful, old timers that are now getting banned.  That number is surely greater.  So now you are hurting the server population with banning faithful players who actually show up... because somewhere maybe there's a new player that might leave cause of chat.

It just doesn't make sense!

Point 5

And again... new players aren't leaving because of chat.  If they don't stick around... it's because first off... this mod is fucking hard as hell to play.  It has the biggest learning curve of any game I've every played.  It take forever to feel like you're not a total absolute suck player.  I'm not even talking about decent.  Just forever to not totally suck.  The longer to suck less.  The longer to be ok.  The longer to be decent.  And forever long to be good.

That's the sit keeping folks away.  It's not a game for everyone.  And it's not for those that can't take a beating!

So the learning curve is number 1 for keeping folks away.  Number 2 is that there's not great documentation for getting started in the game & website.  Number 3 is likely gameplay-trolling.  Then maybe... just maybe... number 4 is chat.  So it's the least likely to turn new players off.

If it was... then no one would play any game ever!  I mean come on!  This game is not for 12 year olds!  If you think it is... look at my recent post with a survey on age.  One player under 18.  It's a bunch of adults.  Autistic adults yes!  Funny adults yes!  Well at least we're trying to be... but you bunch of cry-baby fun-police are trying to ruin it for us.  I have to be a professional all day at work.  Then be a loving and caring husband and father afterwards.  Which I love doing.  But with all that... I enjoy relaxing in cRPG and laughing to some good ol' demented jokes (whether racial or not).  It's always been part of the fun.

Closing Statement

Let me refer back to myself from another post a few months back.

First off... at this point... racial slurs and all that crazy, terrible, hilarious stuff should be just part of the community.  People in this community say demented stuff.  It's what makes us... us!

Second... what you are suggesting Asheram is actually correct.  It's an admin using good judgement and doing their job properly.  But that doesn't happen.  And no one is policing when that happens.

So my solution to that is... strip any Admin of rights if they ban for chat.  That way there's no judgement call to be made.

Folks getting banned for saying someone is ugly... Jeezzz!!!  I've asked whether you'd rather have sex with Jessica Simpson or 12 year old Asian boy.  To which everyone replied "definitely Asian boy".  Some said "make it 2 Asian boys" and I'm in.  Others talked about how Jessica Simpson is now fat while 12 year old Asians are lean and strong (but not too strong).

You get my drift.  Terrible!  But the ridiculousness of it all... the pure retard of it all... it's what makes the community wonderful.

For the record... I'd want neither... I'd chose to just watch 12 year old Asian boy & Jessica Simpson be together.

See what I mean!  THIS IS CRPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:38:04 am by Mallets »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2017, 01:30:05 am »

You need to draw a line somewhere, there is a difference between dark humor (which I'm laughing at rather often), and being openly a flaming dickhead.  Because what you've been mentioning is mostly dark humor to my eyes, and not insults directed to someone in particular or something similar. My guess is that you can have a discussion with the guys who make the rules, and see where it goes from there.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2017, 01:46:25 am »
+3
really tho what are you talking about

woah motherfucker I hope you didn't just say I was defending the CSA

traitors deserved what Sherman gave them

oh fuck I can't wait until sandy sees this

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2017, 02:13:39 am »
+7
oh fuck I can't wait until sandy sees this

jokes on you my eyes are closed

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

i may be on a real american civil war kick lately, but honestly (and gay to say) i think that "arguing" about it in a way like that does a modest disservice to the memory of the fighting men and officers that slaughtered one another wholesale in the most brutal of ways, stacking up casualty rates rarely seen before or since, with some regiments not making it out of battle with a single private unhit.

FOR WESTWOOD'S EYES ONLY:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:16:51 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2017, 02:18:57 am »
+1
jokes on you my eyes are closed

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

i may be on a real american civil war kick lately, but honestly (and gay to say) i think that "arguing" about it in a way like that does a modest disservice to the memory of the fighting men and officers that slaughtered one another wholesale in the most brutal of ways, stacking up casualty rates rarely seen before or since, with some regiments not making it out of battle with a single private unhit.

FOR WESTWOOD'S EYES ONLY:
(click to show/hide)

Who bought all that slave plantation cotton for their abusive child labour textile mills? Surely it couldn't have been the freedom loving yankees  :lol:

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2017, 03:16:28 am »
+7
It's been mentioned that there is not only a mute function in game, but an ability to turn ingame chat off as a whole.

It's an important point IMO. I remember muting a few of the real cancerous chat spammers on the Aussie native servers, and years later I realised that I had totally forgotten that they were even chat spammers and still muted, it was literally like it never happened! It really wasn't an inconvenience to mute them. I think dealing with intentional TKers and delayers is what admins should be focusing on, the stuff that really effects gameplay that regular players can't stop themselves.

I'm not saying I think It's cool to call people niggaz or whatever, as I'm not 'murican I don't fully understand the impact of the word, just saying people should be aware that they don't have to hear/read it if they don't want to. You have the FREEDOM to mute whoever you want and only listen to your buds  :mrgreen:

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2017, 05:07:48 am »