Author Topic: Feedback on pike/longspear stabs (jump stab spin heroes)  (Read 5084 times)

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback on pike/longspear stabs (jump stab spin heroes)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 05:37:18 am »
The only times pikes are OP to me when I'm being poked at mercilessly while outnumbered. Other times just W key facehug spamnerd them, the pro-iest of techniques, and they won't really be able to stab you. Sure they can jump and spin but every time I've kept facing them and blocking down I don't get hurt. Also chamber city since it can only downattack. As for attacking through teammates well you gotta be almost bumraping them to be able to poke through. It cant be that easy to aim through another object without getting too far away and glancing, or for the teammate whose bum you are invading to swing unhindered. So yeh imo pikes aren't very op.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 05:37:25 am »
I would put this in the feedback forum but I doubt most people would see it before it is too late.

Right now, people are able to use 300 length polearms while jumping, spinning, and all kinds of other fuckery to get around blocks and whatnot. Pikes and long spears, imo, are supposed to be support weapons. Not single target weapons of mass destruction. I personally think pikes/long spears should be only able to stab, and block, but given the same treatment of bows/xbows because come the fuck on, being able to jump and spin with a massive polearm while also being able to block is beyond broken. In a lot of cases I have seen, simply holding down block does not help because the absurd length of the pole + the angle they are able to reach while doing their ridiculous jump spin, it easily negates your block. I know I am not alone in this. This shit is not supposed to be a single target attack, and when it is, it is very fucking OP and stupid. Hur hur just down block does NOT WORK.

Quit trying to fuck my playstyle.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 06:01:15 am »
Quit trying to fuck my playstyle.

Also, I really don't know what he's talking about with down-blocks not working correctly. Maybe if his ping is super high there could be an issue with registration. But if I down block, am facing the pike correctly, and wait for the sound of the block to go through I don't get stabbed. At all.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 06:15:01 am »
+2
Lol. If u,re not able to spam a pike in melee u'r opponent is simply better than you. Long Spears are actually great to fight with in melee, but still gay in 1v1. Ppl nowadays (atleast on eu) dont give fucks about teamplay. Those motherfuckers all just want to be top score. Pikers are lonely fucked. Like it's the only melee weapon which gets as usefull as a stick when u fight more than 1 player.

And if u guys ever played a fucking real strategus field battle in eu against GO ud fucking know how op longspears really are...

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 06:25:15 am »
+3
Have you even tried downblocking?

I haven't seen a piker who can reliably point-blank stab in months.

The real problem is when you get a few pikers playing support and you can't get to them. Then its OP. Nerf playerbase, imo.

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 07:32:36 am »
+3
I don't think that pike is a big problem, but Tamra is. so nerf Tamra please

QGY
QGT
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 07:48:58 am »
+2
:|
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 09:13:11 am »
Pikes/longspears are fine, but i think they should do significantly less damage instead of 2-shotting people from 10 meters away. Like  minus 2-3 pierce dmg. It is supposed to be a support weapon, after all.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 09:34:06 am »
+1
I think they are just QQing because a good pike (tamra) has started to play, yes she is often clutching but have you ever tried to play pike or long spear? This shit is glancing 80% of the time, it is extremly slow, it is by far not a weapon of mass destruction. The only way for it not to glance is to stab the head, tell me for how many other weapon it is the case?!?
Already few people are willing to learn to play pike and even fewer are willing to play it as you need some teamplay to be fun, we don't need to make it more boring!

And if you don't want to die against one, just take no risk and down block without attack and wait for an ally to come spam with you (wow now you have to explain try hard how to try hard  :rolleyes: ) Huurduuur.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 09:38:49 am »
Of all the problems c-rpg might have, this one is the last I would consider. If the pikeman tries to jump around you, just block down and keep facing him?
I mean, wow, I haven't really thought pikemen and long spears were a problem, I barely even see any on the servers. I'm confused.
I think there is or was  trik to go around block with polearm and stab someone in the back.
I think Chase was and 2 other guys that names i dont remember.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 09:40:24 am »
+1
Basically, the only way some people will be content is if these 2 weapons are removed from the mod. Pike/longspear weapon of mass 1v1 destruction?  :lol:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 09:44:51 am »
+7
Pikes do not "negate" blocks, try to not be bad. Besides, I can't imagine there are a lot of pure pikers around these days with current server populations. It is a completely broken weapon no doubt, and I get that you would whine about it in the day of 120 man Strat Battles, when a pike or longspear was easily the best weapon in the game in the hands of a competent player. Nowadays though, nobody is gonna nerf it.

I think there is or was  trik to go around block with polearm and stab someone in the back.
I think Chase was and 2 other guys that names i dont remember.
No. There is the trick where you wiggle your pike and goad gullible fools into releasing their block, and then to excuse themselves they will say that the pike negated their block.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:52:33 am by Teeth »

Offline MiniPrima

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Put the bread in the fridge, Obama's coming
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Hobos, PEPE, & Cucumbers
  • Game nicks: MiniPrima,Prod,THESIEGEOFAIRSNAKES,Naming_is_Hard_Hobo,Gandour
  • IRC nick: wut
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 11:03:46 am »
NERF PIKES FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 11:06:24 am »
We should buff 2 handers, throwers, cav, archers and xbowers to counter this OP class that no one plays
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »
Pikes do not "negate" blocks, try to not be bad. Besides, I can't imagine there are a lot of pure pikers around these days with current server populations. It is a completely broken weapon no doubt, and I get that you would whine about it in the day of 120 man Strat Battles, when a pike or longspear was easily the best weapon in the game in the hands of a competent player. Nowadays though, nobody is gonna nerf it.
No. There is the trick where you wiggle your pike and goad gullible fools into releasing their block, and then to excuse themselves they will say that the pike negated their block.

All of this, scrublords be scrubbin. You cannot get around a block, but you can make people drop their blocks.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA