Poll

Do you think pierce (or all) damage should be decreased all across the board ?

Yes, 20-30 %
0 (0%)
Yes, 5-10 %
0 (0%)
No
3 (75%)
all damage should be nerfed slightly
1 (25%)
all damage should be nerfed significantly
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 11:47:55 pm

Author Topic: Anyone else thinks that pierce damage is a little bit OP ?  (Read 769 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Anyone else thinks that pierce damage is a little bit OP ?
« on: August 28, 2015, 11:47:55 pm »
Personally, i'm not a fan of everyone dying so fast with the current state of the game's balance. I like prolonged infantry fights and cRPG of today is mostly people holding attacks and killing each other in 2-3 swings (unless you're a 1her).

But first and foremost i'm not a fan of the insane pierce dmg bonuses, starting with arrows /bolts and ending with all the melee weapons. For example lately i was fooling around using heavy gothic armor (i'm not biased here, i don't use it usually) with 4 if and 24 STR and i was quite surprised to find out it takes only 2 bec de corbin swings to kill me.

Now to make it short- what do you guys think of the games balance regarding the damage values these days ? Imho longer fights are more fun, realistic and tactical. Sometimes it feels like armor doesn't even do much except for protect you from glances and friendly hits. Some people prefer to wear robes and just get that extra speed-dmg bonuses and turn themselves into glass cannons. I dunno, i just don't like how everyone is so squishy. Your thoughts ?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 08:07:25 am by Ujin »

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else thinks that pierce damage is a little bit OP ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 01:44:09 am »
+5
Heavy armor in general is pretty sad.  I think I remember hearing something about a heavy armor rebalance coming with the next patch though.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...