Author Topic: Rocket League  (Read 15348 times)

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
Re: Rocket League
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 02:26:05 pm »
Watching really good players do their thing is pretty neat. Then again theyve been playing since the previous game, so it makes sense how insanely good they are. Such accuracy, wow, many aerials, amaze.

Also different models have slightly different hitboxes. Not sure what to think of this.

"The differences in hitboxes are much more subtle than you might expect. A boxy-looking car seems like it needs a bigger hitbox because the car itself would in reality be more massive. However since all our cars are boxes, boxy-looking cars fill out the hit box more but sleek cars usually have protrusions which require us to have the same size hitbox anyway. Both of them would have the same mass and physics response. As a rule, we only allow very small variances anyway."

said Psyonix_Dave answering about those differences between cars.
http://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/38dt3w/larger_vehicles_will_have_larger_hitboxes_do_you/crudevm
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 05:55:27 pm »
Well i can hit aerials quite well now, and keep a lot of pressure on opposing team, but i am complete ass at playing goalie.. Ranking seems odd now, i can win 3 in a row then lose 1 and go back to where i started. Really hard to advance past 600 scrubs.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 12:30:47 am »
So they are planning on selling DLC's already? cosmetics only im sure, but still. Atleast make it cases/crates/treasure, the volvo hats way. It hides the greed, and i fucking love opening dem junk crates.

People are really quite bad at 600 rating, strange considering its "pro" territory. Whenever i get a good teammate that knows how to center a ball without chasing it all the way and messing it up instantly, or when they are able to back off instead of sitting under a high ball wasting time and finally missing the ball, if i get those then its usually ez win with plenty of goals. More often than not i get the ADHD people who just chase the ball blindly, and ill have to work even harder for wins.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:26:22 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 06:55:11 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2015, 09:19:42 am »
I want get to the pro tier, like actually veteran pro tier. You stop getting better when everyone is bad and struggle to hit the ball, wheres the challenge?! I want to play vs better players.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 01:08:58 pm »
+1

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2015, 09:18:40 am »
+1
Final game of MLG Rocket League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=992&v=ZwGFZk9NLaU
Epic stuff. And i thought i was starting to get good at the game cause i hit like 1 aerial once :D.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »
Epic stuff. And i thought i was starting to get good at the game cause i hit like 1 aerial once :D.

Wow, is it really that hard? Never played it yet.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2015, 10:07:20 pm »

Hitting it isnt that big of a deal, htiting it towards the goal is pretty tough.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 05:43:00 am »
Hitting it isnt that big of a deal, htiting it towards the goal is pretty tough.

There is nothing worse than getting a break-away and then messing it all up since you don't know how to accurately hit it diagonally. Too many times I've had the ball all to myself, behind their defensive lines, completely uncontested, only to hit the ball directly into the wall next to the goal.  :cry:

P.S. I played some 4v4s today with my clanmates (we all got the game within a week and are semi-pros at best) and we've become a fairly decent team, then we got absolutely shit on by a team consisting of 2 veterans and 2 pros... they were flying all over the place and such. They completely shit on us (although we did score once at least). The game is great since it is completely balanced and the skill ceiling is immensely high, can't wait to get on their level.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:47:26 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 08:52:29 am »
The learning curve is really great and you get better as you get better opposition. What i meant by " aerials" was those really high - in the -sky balls that you can play by jumping and then using your boost to fly up,  i tend to miss them all the time.
Other than that, it took me about 2 weeks of casual playing to reach the pro rank (ps4), i guess i'm semi-decent now that i can execute some of the easier moves like diagonal shots, bouncing shots, backflips etc.

P.S. anyone playing this on PS4 ? LF teammates =).

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 01:40:59 pm »
I played a lot when the game was released and I got myself to nearly 1000 rating in 2 vs 2 ranked, but apparently people got a lot better in the past weeks while I did not play. I am facing veterans exclusively now while I am level 26, and I am usually the weak link. I have been forced to practice aerials a lot and play scrub tier 3 vs 3 so I don't piss people off. I lost a bit of rating now and I think I'm also getting a bit better, but damn, being overrated blows.

Is anyone aware on the general opinion about mouse and keyboard controls? I know most of the pros still consist mostly of SARPBC vets so they all use a controller, but I am curious if anyone got real good with M&K yet and if continuing without a controller is a waste of time.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2015, 01:50:04 pm »
I played a lot when the game was released and I got myself to nearly 1000 rating in 2 vs 2 ranked, but apparently people got a lot better in the past weeks while I did not play. I am facing veterans exclusively now while I am level 26, and I am usually the weak link. I have been forced to practice aerials a lot and play scrub tier 3 vs 3 so I don't piss people off. I lost a bit of rating now and I think I'm also getting a bit better, but damn, being overrated blows.

That's just about every competitive game. You drop it for a bit, take a pause and you're fuked by people who are able to constantly practice. Time devoted is everything boys, well coupled with talent that reduces time to achieve a certain skill level, but still.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2015, 04:58:40 pm »
+1
That's just about every competitive game. You drop it for a bit, take a pause and you're fuked by people who are able to constantly practice. Time devoted is everything boys, well coupled with talent that reduces time to achieve a certain skill level, but still.

Well, i was keeping up with most veterans at pro level, hell, some of them are pretty bad too. Time devotion helps, but theres also a couple of things that have to kind of click in your brain then you will suddenly realize what you need to do to win. Like realising that stalking the ball 24/7 isnt a good thing, and turning back to the goal after making a center ball or shot. Most people dont know this though.

And controller over keyboard all day in this game, my friend who just switched said aerials are much easier to land now.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2015, 11:55:35 pm »
+1

Those aerials though. Watching that kind of play makes me learn camera and boost strategy quite a bit quicker than playing.