Poll

Would you be ready to support our Donkeys once again?

Yes
No
fix cRPG first :P

Author Topic: Would you be ready to support our Donkeys once again?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
Would you be ready to support our Donkeys once again?
« on: April 18, 2015, 07:45:08 am »
Guys, as we all know, our priceless Donkeys started new project after investment action from our side, but I think they really need more cash to improve production process. On kickstarter we pledged 47 of 130 k $ - I assume here that most of that money was from our pockets, but it was unsuccessful, so they didn't get even that.

Do we really need a kickstarter to do a fundraiser in exchange for rewards in highly anticipated game? Wasted 5% - nothing more  :wink:

Sword with own nickname on blade, unique helmet or any other personalised item is undoubtedly a very cool reward, perhaps some would like to have a lot of these items...who knows ;)

How many salaries will spend Gnjus for awesome nose or someone else for another strange whim? Let's see!

Would you be ready to support our Donkeys once again, if they will make cool prizes for their favorite players?

Yes? No?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
Re: Would you be ready to support our Donkeys once again?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 07:56:18 am »
As excited as I was, it doesn't feel as appealing as it used to.

But then again I don't see my how my current opinion can't change.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:09:14 am by Shemaforash »
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 09:51:59 am »
+1
Yes.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 10:08:26 am »
+12
I just want the meaningless hate on the devs to end.
There is really no reason to relate problems with cRPG to whether or not you support M:BG since Donkey Crew isn't really responsible for the current cRPG problems.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 11:10:30 am »
+1
give them run

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 12:19:01 pm »
+4
What is your point? I am pretty sure they have resorted to just working as fast as possible to release a base product they can earn money and a fanbase with. It makes the devs look a lot better than asking for money again and it is probably cheaper as well. The way I understand it the biggest costs for the devs are trying to live while they make the game so any time wasted on another funding attempt will be costly. Considering the extreme reduction in size of this community and the increase in entitlement feelings, there is just not a lot of funding potential left anyway. As for members of this community that have departed for greener pastures, they won't return for a bid for their money, but they might return for a game.

The Kickstarter made it clear that this community cannot carry a new product at all, so lets stop feeling like we are so fucking important.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 01:20:23 pm »
+1
As if the small numbers of cRPG player base would be of any matter in the production of a new video-game as Melee: Battlegrounds.

Seriously guys, get your shit together, Melee will happen either you like or not, either you want it to or not. Deal with it. Most likely all the sad little haters spouting crap in these forums (and probably outside too, which is disheartening) will be supporting it in the end and playing as if nothing happened, for such is the essence of hypocrisy.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 02:25:35 pm »
+3
Harpag, first of all it's starting to look a bit obsessive starting this thread when we already have another thread.

Secondly, as I've stated in the other thread, if you want to fix cRPG, then just fix it. Get the item team on board, contact San to revert the team balance code, hell.. elect a community cRPG president to organize it all, set up an organization that will ensure longevity for cRPG. That will make sure there is an active balance and item team, that makes sure things get done.

I for one, don't think its completely unrealistic to even get more/new players back in to cRPG, although it will be an uphill battle. It requires an effort to look at how new players are experiencing the game, and a lot of work with promotion. The most difficult hurdle is obviously that the skill level is so high above native.

To pull it off though, it requires a lot of work by a lot of people, and that requires organization and stability, so that needs to come first.

It really boils down to your own initiative, which you seem to have if you want..  :)

My advice is to get organized. It makes it easier for everyone involved, as MBG team is under too much work, too little time, and too much pressure to do much about cPRG right now.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2819
  • Infamy: 1480
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 03:03:02 pm »
As excited as I was, it doesn't feel as appealing as it used to.

Yeah, because Bannerlord is about to come out soon :rolleyes:

Dunno what happened to this sub-genre, but there is bunch of wannabes and not a single one worthy successor of Warband. As long that fact stands, chadz's new game will be interesting to Warband veterans.

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 03:16:03 pm »
i cant even suport my self to buy more RAM memory to play the game in first place, especialy now that they've turned the arcade game into world of warcraft or what ever (refering to the scale of the game/the size of the map)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 07:12:02 pm »
Guys, this thread has nothing to do with the previous. 3rd option to vote is just a joke, thread relates M: BG, and is directed to cRPG community cuz there is no other.

Previous thread is just a continuation of closed thread of Krex, but if we go back to that, I will say that if it were up to me, I'd pressed "roll back" button to "last stable version" and then I'd forgotten about all case, cuz development of old good mod is meaningless when it meets only as a waiting room. That's all.

Why is the question of a possible fundraiser? Because it's the only way most of us can help and sometimes time and money is the same. That's why.

Just press yes or no, because it's pure information what's important during planning.

If we declare a certain level of support, they can benefit from it or not and always better to have collateral option than not have it.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 07:13:24 pm »
You should know by now that the joke answer is the one to go for.
Serf OOOOOnz!

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 10:56:16 pm »
+3
The Kickstarter made it clear that this community cannot carry a new product at all, so lets stop feeling like we are so fucking important.

Fact is, if donkeycrew had asked for less they would have gotten the money.
47k is a great achievement and displays REAL confidence for the devs.
A large part of why the kickstarter failed was that it needed more shills shouting its praise.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps