Author Topic: Beginner here. About damaged equipment  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
Re: Beginner here. About damaged equipment
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 10:42:21 pm »
+2
Well, since I already have a light strange helmet, I think I'll go for the light strange armor to complete the set.
we just made a weeaboo.

Offline Okamoto

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 11:27:25 am »
hahahaha I don't care much about the appearance. On warband single player my char is as western as it gets(lordly coat of plates, winged great helmet...). The problem is that I always played as a horse archer on single player, and even though I know how to parry(I have very high one hand proficiency on single player), I'm definitely not very used to. Add to that the fact that I live in south america and my ping is relatively high and there's no way I could stand a chance against the players on this mod, who are all unbelievably skilled at melee.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:33:17 am by Okamoto »

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 11:00:43 pm »
+1
(Surcoat over mail, Steppe horse, Nomad bow, Tatar arrow, Espada Eslavona, Light Strange helmet, Black leather gloves and eastern lamellar greaves).

Quick suggestion:

Most horse archers don't bother with a melee weapon at all, opting to use the slot for more arrows.

If you prefer to have a melee option, though, I'd recommend replacing the Espada Eslavona with a different sword. It's quite expensive for a backup weapon (535 gold per repair), and isn't really suited for use on horseback (You don't really benefit from it's high thrust attack, and you definitely suffer for its short, weak, slash attacks).

Cheap backup weapon for cavalry use:
The Arabian Straight Sword has greater reach (+10) and greater damage (+2 on slash)  and only costs 148 gold on repair. It's so cheap because it has an absolutely worthless stab attack. BUT, you're on horseback so you don't really care about that.

There are plenty of other weapons in that cost range that would make perfectly serviceable weapons for self defense when dismounted. Pick one that looks cool and go for it! (I used a 4 upkeep club on my archer)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 08:01:23 am »
For a high ping build I would recommend foot archer or crossbow user as they are both more powerful, versatile, and forgiving. I would like to suggest you try another class other than horse archer on this mod.

Reasons:
The enemy cav and ranged will hunt you down mercilessly, especially when they find out you are a low level HA. This could lead to bad experience.

HA is a class that works best on big flat maps. However, NA 1 has about 50% cav maps and the other 50% are god awful city maps. On the small town/city maps you will be at a larger disadvantage from infantry and even regular melee cav.

HA s are generally regarded as a foul class to play for reasons that include: kiting, delaying end of round, and doesn't require melee/skill. This makes them the most unliked class in crpg just below archer's.

However, I will add that their are some HA who have made names for themselves in this mod.

Offline Okamoto

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 12:34:24 pm »
+1
I'm trying to retire my HA now. I'll make a foot archer next. Melee is really not a good experience for me because of the high ping(~150-170)