Author Topic: Explained: claim leadership and new clan armoury  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Explained: claim leadership and new clan armoury
« on: March 19, 2013, 02:38:30 am »
+24
Claim leadership

If all clan leaders are inactive since 5 14 days or more a member can claim leadership. The current leaders will have 3 7 days to appeal against it otherwise the claiming member will become the only leader. It is also possible for a leader to claim sole leadership if the other leaders became inactive.

Armoury

The new armoury system allows all members to borrow the items themselves from the armoury without having to wait for an armourer (=rank 9+) to assign them the items. The armourer can assign an optional daily fee for each item which can be shared with the item owner.

• Overview: you can see your borrowed and lent items on this page as well as add new items to the armoury.
  • Items: list of all items in the armoury with the possiblity to borrow them.
  • Manage: the armourer can assign daily fees and return items to the armoury/owner.

An item can be only borrowed if it has a daily fee set (0 works too). If you had items in your armoury before: they were imported without a fee and you have to set it manually for all of them, sorry for that. To minimize the ongoing work you can setup a default fee.

Feedback welcome, especially on the armoury and how you used it before / how you would like to use it. The way the armoury works now is how i originally planned it, but because of time constraints the rental system never made it into the first version (it was intended to be used for the marketplace too, this here is now a slimmed down version just for clans).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:49:25 am by Harald »

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Explained: claim leadership and new clan armoury
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:40:29 am »
+2
leadership claim: awesome i can finally kick those lazy inactive rank 10's
armoury: cant say it yet, ill see what it gives. i sent a pm to my members and explained them how it works. i also asked them not to abuse the system because in that case i would be starting to set fees and removing them when somebody wants to borrow an item

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:42:55 am »
+16
A leader doesn't log in for 5 days, and they get usurped? I think that's a little harsh... I could see some mega rage potential for that in the future. I don't really see not logging in for 5 days as 'inactivity'. I would increase it to 14 days, but that's just my opinion.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 02:44:24 am »
A leader doesn't log in for 5 days, and they get usurped? I think that's a little harsh... I could see some mega rage potential for that in the future. I don't really see not logging in for 5 days as 'inactivity'. I would increase it to 14 days, but that's just my opinion.
i agree with that. in my case its good because they are inactive for a while, but shouldnt they have been inactive for a longer time before you kick them?
i wouldnt like it if i appoint the wrong person that decides to do this when im on vacation.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 02:45:05 am »

The current leaders will have 3 days to appeal against it otherwise the claiming member will become the only leader.

This does help safeguard against random usurpers, but I personally would raise this to 7 days.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 03:50:57 am »
New armoury is awasome! Always wanted to see it like that.

But don't like limiting the owner's share to 50%.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:00:31 am by Segd »

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 04:30:26 am »
I like the changes, I just wish the items already in the armory before this change would be automatically shared with 0 upkeep. You see we have a couple of ppl in Bogumili who left a lot of the stuff in the armory before going off the grid. Now, since they're inactive people cant borrow it.

Ive gotten so used to wicked girls 1h axe Ive even given it a name, now I have to go back to my crappy NWS until she gets back :cry:

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 04:33:15 am »
+5
I think that leaders should get 2 weeks minimum to make sure they don't get randomly usurped. Maybe even up to 30 days near holidays.

We can't all install toilets at our computer desks and yell to our mothers to grill some cheese sandwiches, after all.

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 04:33:50 am »
+1
I like the changes, I just wish the items already in the armory before this change would be automatically shared with 0 upkeep.
If you already borrowed the item you should still have it with 0 daily fee. Only when you give it back no one can borrow it until the fee is set. If you got inactive leaders use the new 'claim leadership' option to get control over the clan back.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 04:36:46 am »
I think that leaders should get 2 weeks minimum to make sure they don't get randomly usurped. Maybe even up to 30 days near holidays.

We can't all install toilets at our computer desks and yell to our mothers to grill some cheese sandwiches, after all.

[sic]

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 06:19:01 am »
+3
If there's a leader that isn't active, can his leadership be claimed regardless of the activity of other leaders?
Can any leader appeal possible claimants to another leader?
Can any and all members do this. Or only main characters?

The ninja clan has a bunch of random peoples alts in it, so I'm not overly thrilled about a feature that will only serve to give me a headache and actively disourage me to allow people to join us with their ninja alts. And our leaders aren't the most active ones around. (Only me that's really active)

Besides, I'm leaving next week for an 8 day holiday and cRPG should be the least of my concerns. Just make this feature optional so I can turn it off, any half-assed leader would delegate or promote more active members if he leaves anyway. To me it seems like a feature that will just annoy me and depending on answers to my above questions, I may have to demote some inactive people or kick anyone who tries to usurp them or me.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 06:33:06 am »
nice!

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 06:57:33 am »
can we have table with info about gold spent/gain per month for/from rent mw items?

name  gain   spent

vovka 4500 5000
segd  4000 1000
bobka 1000 2000

name  gain   spent

vovka 4500 0
segd  0 1000
bobka 100 2000

etc

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 12:01:34 pm »
+3
Good!

My leaders shall have their activity check too and get demoted for inactivity like all the other members!

Justice!

Revolution!

:mrgreen:

Ps : can you make another feature where you can kick the leaders if they play WOW ?