Author Topic: [Applications] Item balancers  (Read 17441 times)

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Re: [Applications] Item balancers
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2014, 11:18:05 pm »
+1
I'll throw my hat in the ring as well. Been playing a long time, still relatively active and have played quite a lot with all classes, and the different weapons within those. I have formed opinions about the strength and weaknesses of said classes/weapons over the course these years. I'd gladly help if I can.

Can you tell us some changes you have in mind please??
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2014, 12:27:15 am »
Can you tell us some changes you have in mind please??
How dare you!

Gurni is the best horse-crossbowman ever and his experience in all classes is truly rich!

As far as I know, Gurni would change something about HX.

He'd be great for this.

Also he's a Nord! He's perfect for high position  :wink:

Skyrim UI

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2014, 12:31:54 am »
I have played gens as 1h+shield, 2hander, polearm, cav and archer to success (minus cav. I suck at cav). I have strong opinions about certain 1handed weapons both in favor of buffing some and nerfing some aspects of others. I dunno if you need any extra 1h help but I'd be happy to give my thoughts on that.

Offline stickher

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 54
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _____
« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2014, 07:19:35 am »
i wouldn't mind to join that group of people. i am unbias and play very actively for a year and a half both battle and strat. also play every build.

Offline spiritus

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Spiritus_de_Deceptio ---- Beeep
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2014, 09:06:30 am »
I would love to help balance items in this game and i have put a couple ok-ish posts up about balance but that was mainly before i understood everything but now i think i could really help balance items or at least if i could be heard that would be wonderful. One thing i hate is that when some item is balanced around another item when it should be balanced in general around every item in it's class.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2014, 09:07:01 am »
+4
I'd settle with anyone except for a melee biased player doing archery changes. Please don't do that
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2014, 09:30:24 am »
I'd settle with anyone except for a melee biased player doing archery changes. Please don't do that

I can sacefice myself and help with bows (then need changes in internal ballance) :)
Archer forever :D

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2014, 09:36:33 am »
I'd suggest someone from EU who's actually playing this mod right now. Not some oldmy old friend who barely hops onto the server once a week...

2 reasons: someone from NA lacks the experience of the EU battle and an oldmy old friend who has been barely playing for months may have experience from the "old days" but with not the current situation.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2014, 11:09:01 am »
hmmm...

I'm active player playing mostly on EU1 and i know something about that game (over 2 years of experience)
I think I can give some resonable ideas and help in ballancing items, but there is a question is there anyone who would like to listen to me just a bit, because it looks like noone from item unbalancers are reading my posts and answering them.
Archer forever :D

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2014, 11:34:24 am »
+8
Applying for item balancer.
I think the state of item balance is in decent shape but needs fine tuning and polishing in some areas.

The primary reason I am promoting my self for this job is because I would search out the view of the playing (active) community before making changes.  While I am not advocating total democracy, I would certainly make use of polls and teamspeak communication to get an understanding of the full spectrum of player experience to better enable me in my item balancing decisions.

Here are some other reasons:

I am quite active.  Duh.

I am a longstanding member of this community.  I have been around since the age of ladderpulting and beheld the renowned Boulder on a Stick, Sword of Cookies\Tears, etc.  I also participated through the betas of Warband and the original Mount & Blade.

I have played multiple gens of every class (both STR and AGI variants) and am reputed for having more alts (which I regularly retire with) than one rightly should.  That includes archery, 2h, 1h, pole, thrower, hybrids etc etc etc, every class.

I understand and am immersed with medieval weaponry.  I am a practitioner of Historical European Martial Arts and regularly practice with equipment such as chain mail, long swords, arming swords, gambesons round shields, bucklers, you get the idea.  This does not mean I am ignorant of the need for game balance over some elements of realism, but simply that I am aware of the real life properties of many of the things we use in cRPG.

Here are some item balance issues that I would like looked at:
Note that if you happen to disagree with me, that doesn't mean you should disapprove of me doing this job because as I already stated, I wouldn't enforce any changes without checking on how the playing community felt about the issue.  That means you!

Within the archery community there seems to be primarily longbow users and nomad bow users.  The Rus, Horn, and Tatar bow need their own niche and appeal. 

The armor on upper tier horses (excluding plated charger) does not seem to be justly reflected in the statistics.  In general the higher tier horses seem to die too easily and certainly don't reflect their monetary cost.

The overall effectiveness of the hand and a half swords give little reason for infantry to make use of the great swords. 

I believe that sums it up.  If you have any questions I can be contacted via pm on the forums or on steam-  lethwin_far_seeker

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2014, 01:13:14 pm »
+1
I for one would vote for stevee, one the best archers and knows what he is talking about, but would only be there for archery purposes
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2014, 10:41:25 pm »
+3
Buff stabs more. No need for balancers.
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 461
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2014, 11:02:03 pm »
The armor on upper tier horses (excluding plated charger) does not seem to be justly reflected in the statistics.  In general the higher tier horses seem to die too easily and certainly don't reflect their monetary cost.

Denied.

For someone playing so long you should know that upkeep is just a word for most veterans these days. Also, those high tier horses are quite deadly in groups. Just because few still use them on public battle, doesn't mean they suck balls. Try Strategus battle sometimes, and you'll learn to hate heavy cavalry.

Seriously, anyone who plans to balance cRPG based on gear cost in year 2014. should pull of his application because we really don't need more of those kind of balancers.

I supported Gurnisson's application because he knows stuff, but he's also archer hater who rarely if ever played the class. Bagge would be better choice, because I know how long he played cav and pretty much everything else. Also Cooties is fine choice, but he's quite busy I bet. Also Karasu could be excellent balancer, he's mature, calm, doing fine work as admin and has a lot of gens of every class.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2014, 11:30:56 pm »
+2
I supported Gurnisson's application because he knows stuff, but he's also archer hater who rarely if ever played the class.

I might've played with polearms more (barely, if it even is the case), but archery must be at least my second most played class :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2014, 11:46:01 pm »
I supported Gurnisson's application because he knows stuff, but he's also archer hater who rarely if ever played the class. Bagge would be better choice, because I know how long he played cav and pretty much everything else. Also Cooties is fine choice, but he's quite busy I bet. Also Karasu could be excellent balancer, he's mature, calm, doing fine work as admin and has a lot of gens of every class.
Don't you think we could use an "archer hater" in the balance team considering how much I've buffed archery?

I mean... I buffed archery, 'nuff said.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character