Author Topic: 1h stab  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 1h stab
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 08:02:07 pm »
1h stab is way more prone to glance than the polearm stab (never glances) and the 2h stab (requires spinning at close range). Still it has pretty awesome range, people suck at blocking it and you can double stab very easily. Happened countless of times where I just stabspammed people to death.

Stab balance between the classes is cool. OP's brain probably just got faster and now the stab seems slow. There is no reason to slow down any of the stabs.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 08:11:39 pm »
I can assure you that my brain is as slow as it was before. Still, I think 1h is basicly in disadvantage in every area.
Doesn't mean I don't like playing it or that I want it to be uber now.
Asking for an little enhancement tho, seems to be reasonable, at least to me.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 10:02:41 pm »
+2
1h stab only duels are fun since they are so easy to force a glance. When someone gets the sweetspot right, they can be very dangerous, but the sweetspot itself is nonsensical and should be easier to obtain.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »
1h Stab is better than 2h/polearm stab.
as much damage as polearm stab and as much Bonus to range as twohand stab combined with ~100 speed and yet you noobs are still complaining?
1h stab glancing too much? l2p it glances less than 2h what the hell do you guys expect? lobbying for a 1h buff? seriously?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:52:17 pm by BlackMilk »

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 10:44:33 pm »
+3
as much damage as polearm stab and as much range as twohand stab combined with ~100 speed

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 01:25:52 am »
I already got one hit killed by a 1h stab. True story  8-)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 02:24:09 am »
+1
If something 1h stab is OP. I have played a lot against Kato recently and oh my fucking Odin that 1h stab is annoying. Really hard to chamber compared to pole/2h stab. 1h without a shield is absolutely devastating if he gets 1 on 1 against you and isn't a total nooblord.

Oh and for those who say pole stab is the easiest to pull off... Just try to do it with, lets say great long axe or long war axe. Expect glancing a lot. Spin thrust is a must in almost every situation where you are able to use it effectively. Ofc I'm just speaking about these couple axes and some other poles that don't have pierce stab and low damaging blunt instead... Spears and poleaxes are different, but I'd say they are not easier than 2h and 1h stabs. They are all just different...

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 07:14:37 am »
If something 1h stab is OP. I have played a lot against Kato recently and oh my fucking Odin that 1h stab is annoying. Really hard to chamber compared to pole/2h stab. 1h without a shield is absolutely devastating if he gets 1 on 1 against you and isn't a total nooblord.

Oh and for those who say pole stab is the easiest to pull off... Just try to do it with, lets say great long axe or long war axe. Expect glancing a lot. Spin thrust is a must in almost every situation where you are able to use it effectively. Ofc I'm just speaking about these couple axes and some other poles that don't have pierce stab and low damaging blunt instead... Spears and poleaxes are different, but I'd say they are not easier than 2h and 1h stabs. They are all just different...

they're talking about poleaxes, swiss, bill, etc....not long axes

if you have more than about 6 PS you will hardly ever glance with a stab on those weapons...compared to about a 50% glance rate with 1h unless you spin/torq

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 07:22:57 am »
compared to about a 50% glance rate with 1h unless you spin/torq
not sure if serious

according to : http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,25086.msg362541.html#msg362541

1 handed :
+40 Stab

Polearms :
+0  Stab

soooo you want 1h stab not to glance at all like polearm stab?

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 07:25:51 am »
1h stab is bad

Verrrrrrrrrrry bad
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 07:33:56 am »
+2
1h stab speed is unchanged for a long time. That being said I still get those stupid stab glances at perfectly reasonable ranges with 1h, unless I spin it like a motherfucker. Yes I know you have to spin 2h/pole for stab too, but shit, 1h stab should have advantage at stabbing at closer ranges and should not glance as much as it does on max ranges.

Well, it's pretty much what Kafein said:
The problem is exactly that. The 1h stab animation is terrible because the hit point starts very far away from the center of your character, and only travels a very short distance during the attack itself, unlike the 2h and pole stabs. You are pretty much forced to spin stab at any range otherwise it will bounce.

It's still pretty doable and I've seen players using stab oriented 1h weapons effectively. But it also sure is way harder to pull of correctly than the pole and 2h stabs.

It's just way easier to not glance with pole/2h, most probably because of the damage and longer animation. I almost never glanced with 2h even if I hit the enemy with only the tip of my sword.

If something 1h stab is OP.

Lol Odin, just because you succumb to 1h stabs in duels doesn't mean they're OP  :twisted:

as much damage as polearm stab and as much Bonus to range as twohand stab

lol
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:40:53 am by Vibe »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 10:29:19 am »
+1
Since my duel argument is loled at, I will bring in the realism card (in GBD- discussion fuck yeah!... Classic)

With 2h and pole, the man uses both arms to hit and thus 1h glances more often in real life.

Ok that is completely retard comment as well. Polearms just happen to have weapons that are meant to be used mainly for stabbing people. I'm still not convinced that the 1h stab is so hard. For my experience it is just different and one has to use it with consideration. It's obvious you shouldn't be able to spam it like lolstab or lawlpike...

Then again wtf with the onehanded right swing? Outreaching long polearms... That's not funny either huh?

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 10:37:12 am »
Since my duel argument is loled at, I will bring in the realism card (in GBD- discussion fuck yeah!... Classic)

With 2h and pole, the man uses both arms to hit and thus 1h glances more often in real life.

Ok that is completely retard comment as well. Polearms just happen to have weapons that are meant to be used mainly for stabbing people. I'm still not convinced that the 1h stab is so hard. For my experience it is just different and one has to use it with consideration. It's obvious you shouldn't be able to spam it like lolstab or lawlpike...

Then again wtf with the onehanded right swing? Outreaching long polearms... That's not funny either huh?

Noone is saying that 1h stab is hard, it just glances more. Duel argument was loled at because pretty much anyone knows that 1h is the underdog in dueling, way too easy to get outranged with 2h or poles, while having to get in more hits to kill someone. 1h have the speed, yes, but then again 2h/poles are quite fast in this game too. Not to mention cRPG is slow and anyone decent can block 1h without a problem.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 10:39:23 am »
+1
1h underdog in dueling? Thats a new...
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 11:04:58 am »
1h underdog in dueling? Thats a new...
True dat, just retired and went 1h no shield again and it's so fucking awesome. Chambering is really easy, especially with the left swing. You don't have much of a range advantage because the rightswing of a Nordic Champ is almost 120 2h reach. People truly suck at blocking 1h. You have a spammable, headhitting leftswing, a very fast overhead, a long ass rightswing and a very effective spammable stab. The getting stunned is not half as bad as people seem to think it is. You can punish anyone for doing hold attacks a lot by leftswingspamming him. They will become very cautious when it comes to holding.

The 1h stab glances more though than any of the other classes. There is like quite a big window at the end of the animation where you as a 1 hander glance. These 'glance windows' at the end of the swing are nearly absent for 2h and polearm. Also the starting position of the 1h stab is in front of the character and the animation doesn't travel that far. That makes the glance window quite big compared to polearm where the stab chamber is a whole lot further back, causing the stab to do much better at close range.