Poll

Vote bitches

2 (11.8%)
1 (5.9%)
6 (35.3%)
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: 2 Cav suggestions from a blatant cav whore  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
2 Cav suggestions from a blatant cav whore
« on: March 15, 2012, 03:06:34 pm »
Alright, i noticed recently alot of whining about being bumped by cav and all that.

So here are two suggestions that might change how cav works.

1)
When a cav bumps an infantry person, there is a small % chance of the cav being bumped himself and his horse taking damage (dependant on the armor).
This has been tried before and didn't work (yes it was my suggestion, and yes it ended up stupid). But the idea now is that you give cav what I call the "charge mode" button.
+ When cav presses this button, they get immunity from being bumped by collisions and gained an increase amount of charge damage for a certain amount of time. A small armor increase is also a possiblity (armour of valour!)
- The balance would be that during this time, while horse speed is maintained, horse maneuverability is decreased substantially (would require testing as to the amount). This means that once a cav starts charging it is now dedicated to this charge, as aborting it will not work very well. So if the cav suddenly sees 5 pikes ahead, he is pretty much fucked.

The exception to this is that while attempting a couch, the cav ignores being bumped.

2)
Allowing infantry to brace themselves against a horse charge by blocking upwards. If you know you are about to be bumped, you start blocking upwards to "ready yourself" for the coming bump. This would lead to decreased damage to the infantry as well as the chance of being knocked down being decreased.
At the same time, the chance of the cav being bumped by the collision is increased as well.

Lastly, I think a change like this would mean that cav require a larger radius of stabby lance range, since with the current small range its difficult to avoid bumping infantry...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Re: 2 Cav suggestions from a blatant cav whore
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:13:30 pm »
+1
Alright, i noticed recently alot of whining about being bumped by cav and all that.

they will always find a reason to whine, as a blatant cav whore you should know it by now

they wont even consider going to siege server or melee only ones, forget about it

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 03:20:43 pm »
block bumps... yeah.  :rolleyes: Like blocking lances,killing horse in one hit or two arrows,and big upkeep weren't enough.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 03:21:27 pm »
Well, 1 and 2 would have to negate each other so if the cav actively charges and the inf actively braces for impact it should be a regular bump.

Slight armor increase seems fine, same should go for inf.

So you would have:

Regular bump vs unprepared inf - like it is at the moment with chance for cav selfbump and horse damage depending weight or armor weight of the person bumped.

Prepared bump vs unprepared inf - more damage to inf, higher knockdown chance, no selfbump and no horse damage

Regular bump vs prepared inf - less damage to inf,  lower knockdown chance, high selfbump chance and higher horse damage

Prepared bump vs prepared inf - like it is at the moment with chance for cav selfbump and horse damage depending weight or armor weight of the person bumped.

Whole thing would need testing though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:23:32 pm by Meow »

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:24:01 pm »
well.. everything needs testing, I certainly hope the devs don't just go,
hey guys, i had an idea, lets just add this
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:28:02 pm »
well.. everything needs testing, I certainly hope the devs don't just go,
hey guys, i had an idea, lets just add this

No no, that would never happen!
Especially the balancing is done with thorough testing of each individual change done :mrgreen:

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 04:33:13 pm »
I got bumped by a courser by a player that didnt even notice me, lost 25% hp

then a dedicated thrower threw me a jarid, lost the same amount of hp

I find it un fair that cav get a passive weapon that does the same amount of damage as the primary weapon of a dedi thrower...

nerf bump damage!  :twisted:

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »
+4
Block down to avoid getting one shot by the lance or block up to take less bump damage.

Offline masasa

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_masasa
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 07:00:21 pm »
Chance based systems suck in general. Also you are only thinking from lancers perspective, not considering how this affects 1h/2h cav.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2054
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:06 pm »
they will always find a reason to whine, as a blatant cav whore you should know it by now

they wont even consider going to siege server or melee only ones, forget about it

You think that you're entitled to big battle servers?

Bump damage is huge and you know it. Every day I see players who just bump people, don't even try to stab them or slash them. Just bump and couched lance all the time. You really don't think that's lame?

As you know I'm for lance angle buff. Currently cavalry is horribly boring class to play. It gives results but it's mostly hunting unaware people and that can't be fun all the time.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 09:34:50 pm »
When bump damage finally gets nerfed there will be so many tears...

I can't wait.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 09:50:44 pm »
Reducing maneuver of horses further is not acceptable. In Warband, being "commited to your charge" doesn't work. People just sidestep like professional dancers in cloth and usually release a shot/slash you.

It would only weaken cav even more and continue to force us into dishonourable sneaky ways.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »
Or if you knew you where going to be bumped you could just not be a total noob and actually stab the horse its pretty easy. Bump damage does almost nothing to people actually wearing armor, almost everyone uses horses that do very little bump damage. Given that many people, including myself as a 1h cav do not attack people who are aware we are charging them, this change would only buff cav. Also its just completly retarded, the idea of a 200 pound man putting his sheild up and stopping a charging 2000 pound horse in its tracks if not hurting it. It would be like someone being able to stop a car from running them over by stiff arming it. At any rate the vast majoirty of cav kills are from using their weapons, i can count on one hand the number of people ive seen riding around on a plated charger just running people over. Being cav is expensive because it is good, if you wanna nerf cav significantly reduce the prices of horses.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:18:44 pm by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2655
  • Infamy: 2318
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 10:41:33 pm »
Being cav is expensive because it is good, if you wanna nerf cav significantly reduce the prices of horses.

I bet you are the only cav in this game who supports this idea.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 11:05:21 pm »
Wait, if you nerf bumps, how on earth will they do the bump and stab through your horses chest and gut at the guy on the ground?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln