Author Topic: [Merc] Mercenaries  (Read 212311 times)

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [Merc] Mercenaries
« Reply #1110 on: May 20, 2012, 11:35:42 pm »
Phazh, you suck.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #1111 on: May 22, 2012, 08:10:33 pm »

Click on the goddam picture!

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 04, 2012, 08:52:28 pm »
you should change the name,

but the few old ones, this clan has nothing to do with what it was created for or what it used to be

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 04, 2012, 09:16:01 pm »
How about Fancynaries.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 05, 2012, 02:17:33 am »
I heard that Olwen should shove the baggette back into his mouth, its preferable to hearing his nonstop bullshit.

PS: I love bjord.  :oops:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:33:37 am by Blueberry Muffin »
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 05, 2012, 09:29:01 am »
It's a fact ^^ everyone will agree, even your own members who told me the same thing, that mercs'average level is just normal if not worse nowadays

you don't even manage to get your guys hired in battles whereas back in the old days we were the most expensive guys and everyone wanted us

this clan was made to gather the elite, it has done but it doesn't, it was made to be powerful, it has been but it isn't

actually all you manage to do with your policy is to dishonor the name and the ones who were part of it during its glorious days,

then you can do whatever pleases you but it's a shame

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1116 on: June 05, 2012, 10:17:52 am »
It's a fact ^^ everyone will agree, even your own members who told me the same thing, that mercs'average level is just normal if not worse nowadays

you don't even manage to get your guys hired in battles whereas back in the old days we were the most expensive guys and everyone wanted us

this clan was made to gather the elite, it has done but it doesn't, it was made to be powerful, it has been but it isn't

actually all you manage to do with your policy is to dishonor the name and the ones who were part of it during its glorious days,

It was like 3 or 4 weeks ago that we sat in our TS and actually said pretty much the same thing. Those of us who remember the old Mercs... even I do remember the Respect I had whenever a Merc showed up - I admit that - were a bit confused.
I don't know how the topic got started but the conclusion was that Mercs today stands in no comparison to the old Mercs.
Please, don't misunderstand me... I am not trying to troll in any way but merely making a statement about our impressions and the resulting conclusion...

Life goes on and results in shifting priorities. I don't think there is anyone to blame...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 05, 2012, 11:22:54 am »
When i think of Mercs i think of douchebaggy players who most of em are good at ze game lol.
Twas back then.

Nowadays most Mercs are somewhat friendly and lots of em aren't at an elite level either :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #1118 on: June 05, 2012, 11:25:50 am »

Sure, how about cockold elitists? you'd love that.

Well this clan was formed by the best of the best of its time. We were all veteran players, most of us came from Beta era of M&B and we were superior in skill compared to the new players who just met cRPG.
It fact that we weren't that good, just everyone was shit, they didn't even know how to divide their skill points. Our criteria was, "who kills the most gets into the clan". Back then there were no competition against us because, if someone was able to compete us he was instantly recruited because we were some sort of private gentlemen's club.

The problem with everyone in this clan, who is currently member or the past members, is : we are all living in history. Even if the old 30 comes back or even if we have reformed a new 30 from the best of all the Mercs ever existed It will never be the same again. Nor I'd like to become the same ever again.

Don't forget that most of the first generation of Mercs are gone, the reason? NO COMPETITION=BOREDOM

I like your wild periods of fame and glory of the past, which you get in every 6 months periods. Yet you never achieved something significant since you left Mercs. If anyone were successful it would be Gnjus, he seems like enjoying his time. Which all of us should be doing.

I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck in memories.

Pats Olwen on the shoulder

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #1119 on: June 05, 2012, 11:56:22 am »
Yet you never achieved something significant since you left Mercs. If anyone were successful it would be Gnjus, he seems like enjoying his time. Which all of us should be doing.

I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck in memories.

Pats Olwen on the shoulder

Trolling aside - this is a teamwork game, one that you can enjoy most while playing it with some fun people and being on TS at the same time. That is my general view on gaming at the moment - i don't think i will ever be able to play a single player game again and as for multiplayer games - after a while it gets boring and repetitive as a lone wolf, i figured that out pretty soon after i left the Mercs and that's why i started to round up decent folks around me. After some turbulent times in the last year or so we finally filtered out our group and now we're really enjoying our evening TS sessions and i would recommend the same for every clan out there. You guys should know even from the old days that skill was never something i appreciated that much (maybe because i myself didn't have any and i still fall behind in some areas  :)) but it was more about the personalities of the players (unfortunately i didn't have the final & only say in recruitment so cases like Siiem happened).  :twisted:
Anyways - forget the elitism and don't compare nowadays to old days, its gone and buried. Look forward and enjoy your game, don't turn into Zeka Fakiri nerds over some virtual shit diplomacy.  :wink:
(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 05, 2012, 12:01:34 pm »
Is olwen an old ex butt hurt member or something?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 05, 2012, 12:03:35 pm »
No, Olwen is an ex-leader living in a pink dreamland.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 05, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »
Now we just need Bloberyn here.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #1123 on: June 05, 2012, 12:04:48 pm »
Is olwen an old ex butt hurt member or something?

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 05, 2012, 12:05:28 pm »
No, Olwen is an ex-leader living in a pink dreamland.
rofl just sad.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning