Author Topic: fair cav behavior on battle servers  (Read 23973 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Archers should also stop shooting at people without shields, and people using long polearms should not attack cav because it's just NOT FAIR.

hey bonze,  you found a brother-in-sucking -.-

check this out:  www.cavcankillwithoutbeingadipshit.com  unless your a badplayer i guess
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
I like being a dipshit.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
i know : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
shameless bump.  i am doing above average without being a dick.  join me and let cav become the least my old friendgy (non offensive colloquially meant) class in crpg!

yay!

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
and for any inf that never tried riding horses:  there is some weird given thing,  from time to time cav looses control overr there horses,  sliding and glitching and moving about uncontrollably for quite some time.  so if you see a cav crashing through enemies ad friendlies alike,  running into trees and walls,  weildly blocking and hitting and whatever,  you can be sure this poor soul is not in control.  dont hate on him.
Ohhh, is that what that is.  I had that happen and lost control for a good 8 seconds.  Luckily I had a good vector heading out of town when it occurred and didn't squash anyone.

It had the feeling of server lag, or client-server desynch.  After a few seconds it "caught up" or whatever and I was back in control.  Very odd glitch.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
Ohhh, is that what that is.  I had that happen and lost control for a good 8 seconds.  Luckily I had a good vector heading out of town when it occurred and didn't squash anyone.

It had the feeling of server lag, or client-server desynch.  After a few seconds it "caught up" or whatever and I was back in control.  Very odd glitch.

try manuevering into the open and stop the horse,  this way you will gain control fastest.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
just hit ctrl+j and it stops
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Rhombeus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Werdume
The ammount of times I've been completely in the open, running in dead straight line and still been run down from behind by a team member on a horse is unbelievable.

If this happens I now just unsling my cross bow and shoot the horse in the arse. It's amazing that the offending cav rider has the cheek to get snotty after too.

Most cav though do seem to try and avoid, my best approach when a cav is riding towards me and its crowded, is to just stop. Then you don't get the, left, no right , no left, no aaaarrg crunch!

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
I might just give cav another go one day...

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
I agree with all of this.

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Anyway the best way to make cav join torben move is to kill my old friends' horsies at the beggining of each round.
Nevertheless, the best is certainly when a friendly cav come and bump you during a fight (and because and it's a non-skilled player, he didn't manage to kill the guy you fought) is to kill his horse when he ll try again (yes, because when the almost kill you with the first bump but don't manage to kill the ennemie, the my old friendgie cav come back and bump you a second time) you just kill his horse.
After that, he will ask you why you killed his horse (and him at the same time), say some of the most stupid excuses that you can imagine, and wait for his reaction !
Seriously, just help yourself, when such a situation happen, we should respond in consequence and not wait for the guy to become a non-greedy-stupid player. Avenge yourself (discretly because those stupid players are never punished, but you will if you want to avenge yourself in front of everyone). Here is the solution !!!
In other words, the only way to make those poeple respecting others players is to make them understand that their actions can be punished.

Remember, when you re fighting an ennemie, you can do whatever you want, including killing a greedy teammate !

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Anyway the best way to make cav join torben move is to kill my old friends' horsies at the beggining of each round.
Nevertheless, the best is certainly when a friendly cav come and bump you during a fight (and because and it's a non-skilled player, he didn't manage to kill the guy you fought) is to kill his horse when he ll try again (yes, because when the almost kill you with the first bump but don't manage to kill the ennemie, the my old friendgie cav come back and bump you a second time) you just kill his horse.
After that, he will ask you why you killed his horse (and him at the same time), say some of the most stupid excuses that you can imagine, and wait for his reaction !
Seriously, just help yourself, when such a situation happen, we should respond in consequence and not wait for the guy to become a non-greedy-stupid player. Avenge yourself (discretly because those stupid players are never punished, but you will if you want to avenge yourself in front of everyone). Here is the solution !!!
In other words, the only way to make those poeple respecting others players is to make them understand that their actions can be punished.

Remember, when you re fighting an ennemie, you can do whatever you want, including killing a greedy teammate !

Wut? Yeah that'll teach them. *rolls eyes*

Seriously? If you seriously believe this.. I am disappoint.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo

Renegat have the big boys on horses been bullying you again? :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html