Author Topic: 1H+Shield is op.  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: 1H+Shield is op.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:27 pm »
+3
I play 1h/shield, but I always wanted to be a 2h hero.

You asked how to abuse 2h, so I will pass on the advice given to me:

1. Never Stop Swinging
2. Block once, then chamber everyone else
3. Good footwork
3. Hiltslash

Of course all this takes practice.  I'm still working on mastering #1.  This might seem like a mild troll post (and the guy who gave me the advice may have been half-joking)...but really.  Once I "never stopped swinging" my k/d ration improved a lot.  Of course you block sometimes when you are obviously going to get nailed...but pretty much you just keep spamming.  Then practice chambering, and good footwork.

When I play 1h/shield its easy to get into a "you-swing then I-swing" rhythm.  When I tried that with 2h, it did not translate well.  With longer weapons and footwork, you can transcend this "taking turns" mentality and begin the true art of spam.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:43:53 pm by Garison »

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 07:38:15 pm »
+2
Feel free to re-use these

Just one more.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 07:43:33 pm »
+1
Not minusing cause obvious L2P issue. Not even an actual issue if you just started playing Warband MP, everybody had to learn.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 08:00:08 pm »
The problem with 2h is that even when I manage to block ONCE I can't keep on blocking if he keeps spamming sword unless I have really good reflexes
What is your ping?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 08:12:59 pm »
+6
Hello, I have been playing for five minutes and I died a lot, buff peasants and nerf everything else because I am experience enough to understand balance.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 10:07:59 pm »
+2
don't minus post only because he has obviously no clue what he is talking about.

sumusiko, for beginner 1h+shield seems to be easier because you don't need manual blocking. However if you get used to manual blocking like the most here (playing this game for years) 2h is more easy in overall and especially for killing stuff due to superior reach and damage.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 10:52:48 pm »
+6
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 11:22:46 pm »
+2
Sheilder is generally an easier class to play moreso meant for beginners. Once you learn to fight (block/feign/chamber etc.) then 2h becomes a good option. Even so sheilding is still very good, makes it alot easier to fight multiple opponents and gives you more surviability.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 11:56:02 pm »
+2
Rasfrenzy got his pals to play.  :lol:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 12:22:54 am »
+4
teach me the ways of abusing 2h

Yoda:  I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.
Obi-Wan:  He will learn patience.
Yoda: Much anger in him... like his father.

Offline raccoonlord

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 25
  • HoC_Raccoon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: HoC_Funesti_Equites, HoC_HeavyHitter_Monty, AND MANY MORE!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 12:40:00 am »
+1
Started playing recently and noticed how op they are compared to who uses 2h.

Shield insta blocks any incoming attack just by right clicking once and you don't even need to guess where he is going to attack to counter it, you block it and leaves the enemy open for slashes.

When you use 2h you have to see and have amazing reflexes to be able to block his incoming attack the bad thing is that even if you do block it they just can keep on swinging without stopping and unless you have a super op attack speed 2h sword you will die a painfull death.

so on and so on.

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 01:11:46 am »
Started playing recently and noticed how op they are compared to who uses 2h.

Shield insta blocks any incoming attack just by right clicking once and you don't even need to guess where he is going to attack to counter it, you block it and leaves the enemy open for slashes.

When you use 2h you have to see and have amazing reflexes to be able to block his incoming attack the bad thing is that even if you do block it they just can keep on swinging without stopping and unless you have a super op attack speed 2h sword you will die a painfull death.

so on and so on.
We've all been trolled
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 01:14:56 am »

1. Never Stop Swinging
3. Good footwork
3. Hiltslash

Of course all this takes practice.  I'm still working on mastering #1.  This might seem like a mild troll post (and the guy who gave me the advice may have been half-joking)...but really.  Once I "never stopped swinging" my k/d ration improved a lot.  Of course you block sometimes when you are obviously going to get nailed...but pretty much you just keep spamming.  Then practice chambering, and good footwork.

When I play 1h/shield its easy to get into a "you-swing then I-swing" rhythm.  When I tried that with 2h, it did not translate well.  With longer weapons and footwork, you can transcend this "taking turns" mentality and begin the true art of spam.
You forgot lol stab.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 01:16:59 am »
1 hand + shield teaches you to be a lazy player imo. Don't worry about how OP or UP something is though, if you have to manually block you will learn positioning, team fighting, fighting outnumbered, fighting ranged etc faster than someone who uses a shield. Whether something is OP or not is hard to call though and depends on a lot of circumstances.

Personally I feel EU1 meta has favoured shielders for a long time, but people resist against the meta because it makes the game more bland. People play M&B for the unique combat mechanics, and its like removing one of the key features to use a shield. The recent buffs were totally unneeded, but balance in cRPG has always been one the dev's weak points

If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 02:17:28 am »

1. Never Stop Swinging
3. Good footwork
3. Hiltslash

Lol, should be a sticky

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee