Poll

Better or worse?

Better than before.
164 (45.6%)
Worse than before.
138 (38.3%)
Hate you! (I do not want to post a valid opinion and/or be funny)
58 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 360

Author Topic: Version 0.200 Released  (Read 31123 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.200 Released
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 12:45:21 pm »
Dear chadz.

First of all , thank you for the Patch. It is really a fresh breath of air with so many changes and so much interesting stuff.

There's one thing that bothers me though. Why nerf one ranged class but improve the other one so much that i can forsee (yeah, i got powers) it dominating cRPG really soon. Yes, i'm talking about crossbows. Archer spam will be changed to xbow spam, horse archers will magically transform into horse xbowers (and will be just as annoying, they will just run away to reload, rince and repeat). The high upkeep won't stop people from using xbow, instead they will just try to avoid melee confrontations (high athletics). With the new wpf imrpovements, a dedicated xbowman can 1shot someone from miles away.

I may be wrong of course, but in my opinion, ranged classes and especially crossbowmen still need some tweaking.

Oh and one more thing - can you make it possible to manually repair items in the game ? I manually repaired my long hafted blade on the website and it didn't update on the server (5-6 rounds in a row).

Offline Kataphraktos

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 12:52:21 pm »
repire cost is too much so worse than before
Atam izindeyiz, yarın gel...

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 12:58:01 pm »
Yeah indeed the costs for repairing are terrible.
Just switch it off everybodie's in rage because of that.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 01:03:48 pm »
Just wait for a few weeks.
The ppl with their chargers and plate armos will run out of money soon enough. (atm there is a bug that it costs no money to upkeep horses, after chadz fixes that, it should get better)
If You lower the upkep then some ppl who have loads of gold saved will still be able to upkeep their stuff for months and it won't get any better.

Offline Rimking

• Beggar
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 01:05:05 pm »
Great patch, some of the features are quite cool (the in game update screen for one) and 2h really needed balancing, thanks chadz.

Still not a fan of my items breaking every time a lose.

Offline Rahjahk

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 01:09:44 pm »
The upkeep cost is way too high. I approve of the upkeep idea, just it's rediculous to lose pretty much all the gold I make for having one nice item.

Offline Soap

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 01:20:40 pm »
I vote "better than before" but I don't really like the repair system : I have to pay 941 golds for a kettle helmet wich cost... 2107golds !

I don't think the idea of a repair system is bad, but at this moment, it's too expensive I think.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:51:51 pm by Soap »

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 01:38:34 pm »
Voted "better than before" because here is not the way back.
So - let's see. Anyway - stagnation is much worse than any new improvements.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:39:48 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Salamol

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 01:49:00 pm »
I voted worse... but my opinion is distorted as I only started playing about 5 days ago.

It wasn't nice at first... as with most new games, I was confused and frustrated. I bought the game in the Steam deals and really enjoyed SP in the original M&B, then switched to Warband purely for the crpg mod. I knew at the time, from the things I had read, it was going to be tough to begin with... gathered with the other peasents in a corner, avoiding arrows and staying where the action is whilst avoiding horses. The heavy armored, or even light/medium with big swords pwnd me time after time... for hours on end (26 of them over two characters to be exact) and my one hope and goal was that one day... I will stand a chance... an even chance. Heck one day I was hoping to be feared by peasents too - and that's what spurred me forward (to my 20:250 KD ratio - not including sieges of course).

It took a long time (though obviously most will have played more - but I think 26 hours counts as a long time!) to realise where my points needed to go, and I made mistakes along the way (which I was hoping to correct by retiring) but overall I was having fun! I encouraged a friend to play too and had a blast. Figuring out what to buy next was fun, saving up to add a little more armour to last a few seconds longer to add the additional damage that may somehow turn the tide of battle was awesome!

I was really enjoying the new mod I had found and was looking forward to slow, but steady improvements every day. But now I feel like the great game has been ripped away from me before I really had chance to get into it properly. I feel like I did all the hard part and just as I was about to get my reward it got taken away :(

I realise I feel this way, as we all do with new exciting games, because it is/was something different. I also realise that for many of the older players, a new slant on things is welcome and refreshing. The changes made are for the right reasons, I'm sure... and in the end I will agree with what was done. For right now however... I'm back to being confused and frustrated.

I doubt it'll be long before I start having fun again though... I just wish I'd had a little longer and reaped the rewards a little before the change.

I would like to know a few things however... I understand that the item only breaks when you lose - my question is how long does the item last before it breaks? Or is it by chance... and if so what percentage, and is each item different... do any stats affect the item's durability?

The main problem I am seeing (which will, I'm sure, be addressed) is that some items repair cost is more than the item cost itself. Is this, again, modified by stats in any way?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 01:50:47 pm »
+1
Archery : way better than before

Upkeep : complete fail

Offline Interceptor

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 02:06:07 pm »
There's a small but annoying bug with this version. I cannot select all my items during the game. And yes I have all the strengh and the agility. I think it is because of the item slots, i have too much items.

Items not showing up : Heavy Crossbow, Tempered Side Sword

Items Showing up : Longsword, Knightley shield, Pike, Bolts, Torch ( ^^ ) and siege ladder.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 02:15:58 pm »
Over all, everything is good, besides archery.

The cut damage, new animation, lower WPP, and lower levels does not make archers balanced, but gives them a disadvantage.

On my HA with PD4, 155wpp and  bodkin, it took 5 arrrows (FIVE) to kill a light armored archer...shooting another HA, with medium armor, 5 arrows hit him (not the horse) and he did not die...he was later killed by  a foot archer...

Am level 29 now, so one of the higest levels around atm...is this all the damage I can even hope for in the future? Because my level 18 alt can kill some people as melee in 2 hits. And he doesn't have the problem of missing a shot.

Am not asking to have what we could have before, but I think that bow damage could be changed back to pierce. We wont be 1 shooting people with pierce, but it should let us kill mid armored people with 3 arrows. Arrows pierce anyway (unless you glance them, in which case they will cut you), why give bows cutting damage?

Cris

P.S This reply is about archery as a whole, am not talking about HA accuracy at speed, which is rubbish btw.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:19:25 pm by Cris »

Offline SG_NightStalker

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 02:21:06 pm »
I appreciate the work you put into this mod chadz, but i really really do not like this patch at all. i was hapier before!

Offline Ragnarok

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 02:28:47 pm »
can we have patch notes?

Offline Shogunate_Subotai_III

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • ☾☆
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Subotai
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 02:34:03 pm »
Over all, everything is good, besides archery.

The cut damage, new animation, lower WPP, and lower levels does not make archers balanced, but gives them a disadvantage.

On my HA with PD4, 155wpp and  bodkin, it took 5 arrrows (FIVE) to kill a light armored archer...shooting another HA, with medium armor, 5 arrows hit him (not the horse) and he did not die...he was later killed by  a foot archer...

Am level 29 now, so one of the higest levels around atm...is this all the damage I can even hope for in the future? Because my level 18 alt can kill some people as melee in 2 hits. And he doesn't have the problem of missing a shot.

Am not asking to have what we could have before, but I think that bow damage could be changed back to pierce. We wont be 1 shooting people with pierce, but it should let us kill mid armored people with 3 arrows. Arrows pierce anyway (unless you glance them, in which case they will cut you), why give bows cutting damage?

Cris

P.S This reply is about archery as a whole, am not talking about HA accuracy at speed, which is rubbish btw.

I totally Agree!

Yeah i was a ElephantRidingLOLiKillyouHA many of you should know me :-)

Now my Impressions of the Patch:

Positive:

Encouraging Hybrid Build; thats fine and i wished it.
Upkeep maybe High atm but the idea is fine and can be evolved.

Negative:

Archery is totally broken. HA is a waste....why waste? Subotai raging or whining? NO, i normaly try to shoot the guys but now? i trample them....no way of shooting, i get a lance and trample them to death what i always tried to avoid, but now the guys encourage me to trample and abuse it.

Yeah i know and have seen the "dont cry" "HA must be nerfed", but i answer: was not HA old better with few skilled guys who were, i admitt a major pain in the ass, as HA or now rampaging peasant trampling Monsters of Horseriding?

Xbow is far too strong, i dont know why the guys who were OP before are spared? i dont know why.....

For my Opinion i wont cry....i get a Lance and trample the Nerf Demanders till they poke....they wanted it (my Heavy Cata is eager to trample)

Make HA as it was before...reduce the Dmg, reduce the Drawspeed but dont fuck with the accuracy because it is bigger than my horse and as a projectile the Horse is far more better.