Author Topic: CRPG has lost that luvin' feelin'  (Read 18249 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: CRPG has lost that luvin' feelin'
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 01:29:27 am »
I just respec when I get sick of the build  :wink:

Do you already have a decent number of heirlooms?
I would respec but dammit I want to at least have some basic gear heirloomed like everyone else.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 01:48:43 am »
This thread really could not have come at a better time for me.  Here's what I feel right now, condensed:

Majority is bullshit, most of community speaks with a cock wedged in their mouth (including me, but hey, what do you expect?)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 01:51:46 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1332
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 01:52:01 am »
I really miss old cRPG (pre-NA servers or just after we got the 30 man) where I could have my 5-way hybrid and switch what I did every 3rd round or so.  1h/shield, hoplite, xbower, 2her, thrower, some variation thereof combining them.  Now, especially since I can't be a no-lifer (and wouldn't want to be even if I did have the time) all I can see is "great, 2 million more xp before I can retire..."

trololololol

gorath, you have no shame...

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 02:05:27 am »
trololololol

gorath, you have no shame...

Yes, no shame.  Kind of like your ability to selectively ignore all pertinent information that goes against whatever you're trying to say.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 2099
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 02:12:06 am »
Unlike many people here, I have that special ability to remember completely unimportant stuff from the past, like your posts on old TW forums ;)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 02:29:47 am »
+1
Unlike many people here, I have that special ability to remember completely unimportant stuff from the past, like your posts on old TW forums ;)

Oh you mean how I say that 2her is the easiest form of melee combat to do well with?
I still say that, and I still mean it.
It's also why I spec as a 2her so often compared to anything else.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 02:39:20 am »
Oh you mean how I say that 2her is the easiest form of melee combat to do well with?
I still say that, and I still mean it.
It's also why I spec as a 2her so often compared to anything else.
I find it easiest too, my 2h lvl 21 feels a LOT better than my lvl 30 polearm >.>

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1861
  • Infamy: 681
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 02:48:58 am »
Nah.

It's about new upkeep patch (around new years eve) being epic, how chadz fixed that awful grind, how retiring is awesome, no more smelly super effective hybrids...

...than you qq'ed how you have alts while others grinded their looms like true nolifer's they are, how having so many looms isn't fair...

...then you were happy when chadz nerfed looms...

and now we're at square one where you tell us you love hybrids, how previous system was fine, how new is grind etc :lol:

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 03:02:29 am »
Do you already have a decent number of heirlooms?
I would respec but dammit I want to at least have some basic gear heirloomed like everyone else.

Hey I gave away all my heirlooms, stop da bitchin :D
Just a soldier

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 03:18:52 am »
Nah.

It's about new upkeep patch (around new years eve) being epic, how chadz fixed that awful grind, how retiring is awesome, no more smelly super effective hybrids...
Bolded part is untrue.  Only effective hybrid shit I bitched about was all the 1 wpf xbow users (which we STILL deal with).  The rest of it I absolutely believed until I realized that the guys that took advantage of the retirement system have a hundred heirlooms, thus were able to sell points/looms to never deal with upkeep due to having a gazillion gold, rendering that part of the patch ineffective.

...than you qq'ed how you have alts while others grinded their looms like true nolifer's they are, how having so many looms isn't fair...
And I still believe this stuff, are you reading the forums?  I think it's shit that they changed the retirement/loom system so that it fucks new players/players that didn't take advantage of the broken system and rewarding those that did by giving them a huge gap advantage between those that have none.  PS, all my alts were deleted when my account got hacked or did you forget that shit too?  So no switching to alts for me.  Just a single toon I've been having to REFUCKINGGRIND this whole time.

...then you were happy when chadz nerfed looms...
Yup, and I'd be even happier if he wiped them all so everyone started on even ground.

and now we're at square one where you tell us you love hybrids, how previous system was fine, how new is grind etc :lol:
I've always loved hybrids, duh.  Just not the stupid ability to "hybrid" by abusing no-investment hybridizing options (IE:  1 wpf ranged shit, as always).  100wpf should be what's necessary to do fuck all with anything imo.  Previous system WAS fine except for shit that occured because of retirement/heirlooms such as broken wpf stacking per gen, increased xp bonus per gen, heirloom stacking via gen'ing up, etc.  All that needed to happen was to add a hard cap and a soft cap (40 being a hard cap, 30/35 ish being the start of the soft-cap).  The grind now is worse than it ever was simply because it's all about getting to 31, retiring and doing it all over again just to achieve "par" when it comes to heirloom count.  Before the grind was simply getting to a "decent" weapon and at least level 20 so you could compete.  Once you hit those goals it was all downhill from there.

Not much has changed tbh.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 03:48:25 am »
I think the community - more rather than the game has made this mod so, well for a lack of a better phrase, piss poor.

Edit: You know who you are. I like Bird Clan though.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2011, 04:16:34 am »
Worry not, my friend, for there will always be me: the useless tincan on a tincan horse who gives you the rush to type capped letters (Or insults) in triumph whenever killing/dehorsing me.

Unless you deem killing a full plated guy on a plated pony as something effortless in the first place.. In which many do, except HAs (Murchad on the other hand..)

Edit:
Actually, I've got a screenshot here:
(click to show/hide)

The people that topped the scoreboard was Fallen_Loki, the dedicated archer, and Walt_F4, the dedicated piker.

I guess dedication triumphs everything :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:12:27 am by Kenji »

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2011, 05:39:54 am »
Worry not, my friend, for there will always be me: the useless tincan on a tincan horse who gives you the rush to type capped letters (Or insults) in triumph whenever killing/dehorsing me.

Unless you deem killing a full plated guy on a plated pony as something effortless in the first place.. In which many do, except HAs (Murchad on the other hand..)

Edit:
Actually, I've got a screenshot here:
(click to show/hide)

The people that topped the scoreboard was Fallen_Loki, the dedicated archer, and Walt_F4, the dedicated piker.

I guess dedication triumphs everything :)

Well...he does have everything masterworked...  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2011, 08:19:23 am »
Well, I never really hardcorely gamed Warband to start with, always played one or two games more I could just switch between. So I guess that keeps me from getting bored.