Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 112280 times)

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2014, 12:56:37 pm »
Jesus Christ Pappy, you know someone who bought the Idris?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2014, 02:16:48 pm »
Jesus Christ Pappy, you know someone who bought the Idris?

10 of us put in $100 a piece and will man it.

(SOL Navy is in the organization list if people want to apply, mainly NA but welcome international as well)
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2014, 06:04:12 pm »
10 of us put in $100 a piece and will man it.

(SOL Navy is in the organization list if people want to apply, mainly NA but welcome international as well)

Oh that makes sense.  Well, awesome man sounds exciting.  Many cRPG guys in this organization?  I know the Remnants plan on having a large presence in Star Citizen, perhaps we will be able to collaborate on some things.   :)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 653
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 23, 2014, 06:16:10 pm »
Few questions:
  • Is this your first game community?
  • Why you want to keep playing another game with people from this community?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #364 on: January 23, 2014, 06:42:11 pm »
+1
Leshy it's different when your in a clan and have been playing with the same people. I like the guys in my clan, I can't say that about everyone in the cRPG community.
Turtles

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1834
  • Infamy: 2963
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 23, 2014, 08:27:15 pm »
Well, in that case you remake your clan in a new game. That's not a new thing, there are 15 year old clans that are playing different games. But why on earth, would anyone want to be part of some cRPG community clan?

I for obvious reasons, need a fresh start because hatred of this magnitude this community has showed to me and I gave it back isn't normal occurrence among online gaming communities. So it will probably be some new people, new clan for fun, without right wing european extremists this community is full due to nature of the game.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #366 on: January 23, 2014, 08:57:28 pm »
+1
Well, in that case you remake your clan in a new game. That's not a new thing, there are 15 year old clans that are playing different games. But why on earth, would anyone want to be part of some cRPG community clan?

I for obvious reasons, need a fresh start because hatred of this magnitude this community has showed to me and I gave it back isn't normal occurrence among online gaming communities. So it will probably be some new people, new clan for fun, without right wing european extremists this community is full due to nature of the game.
trololo

One advice tho: In your new clan and community, stay of the board and never post anything. That's the only chance you'll have to be treated normally. I mean... oh well... just :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 23, 2014, 11:52:15 pm »
Few questions:
  • Is this your first game community?
  • Why you want to keep playing another game with people from this community?

I created a gaming community almost 3 years ago, a lot of us still play together.  The Remnants (the cRPG clan I am in) has become a part of this gaming community, for the past year.  Why would we decide to essentially go off on our own and "try to make new friends"? 

I asked Pappy if the guys he's getting into Star Citizen with are cRPG players, because if so its likely we all know each other and would be able to coordinate well, together. 

Relax, Leshma.  I'm one if the few who enjoys most of your posts. :)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2905
  • Infamy: 1329
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 23, 2014, 11:53:53 pm »
Wasn't attacking you, just asking. Geez relax, I attack only those who grief me and do it in very strange ways (most don't even realize that I'm being hostile at first).

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 24, 2014, 12:15:49 am »
I was hoping to provoke a response, and it worked just, not what I expected, which is good.   :wink:

On Topic:  I assume you're planning on playing Star Citizen, Leshma? If so, have you reserved an Alpha / Beta slot, or do you plan to?  (I haven't read through whole thread so, forgive me if these things have been previously discussed)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1465
  • Infamy: 1759
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 24, 2014, 12:39:48 am »
No, I haven't reserved alpha or beta slot. Don't have the PC to run SC atm, will wait for full release somewhere in 2015.  My Aurora will get rusty by then tho :D

Waiting for the moment when PC capable of running SC at max details will cost less than 1000 US dollars. Currently, even stronger machines can't run hangar with stable 60 fps, when everything maxed. How this game will work when they add more stuff, do not want to imagine.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 24, 2014, 01:30:58 am »
+1
No, I haven't reserved alpha or beta slot. Don't have the PC to run SC atm, will wait for full release somewhere in 2015.  My Aurora will get rusty by then tho :D

Waiting for the moment when PC capable of running SC at max details will cost less than 1000 US dollars. Currently, even stronger machines can't run hangar with stable 60 fps, when everything maxed. How this game will work when they add more stuff, do not want to imagine.

Yeah, my machine is in the top 15% on 3D Mark and even I plan to upgrade because it still has enough lag in the hangar to be noticeable. I'll probably put twin GTX 780's into it, and that's $1000 all by itself  :shock:

Not everyone has had your bad experience by the way. Some of us play other games together right now. Sadly Smithy, I couldn't get any of them to play cRPG. They've been in other games, and committed to Planetside 2.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1557
  • Infamy: 2520
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 24, 2014, 02:18:18 am »
Always desired to play cRPG on NA side. Have good experience with NA gaming communities. But as you know, this game is not enjoyable with high ping. Where I come from, chocolate chip cookie right wing ideology has light presence in public. EU cRPG community has been the closest to stormfront, for me at least.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 24, 2014, 03:03:39 am »
+1
Always desired to play cRPG on NA side. Have good experience with NA gaming communities. But as you know, this game is not enjoyable with high ping. Where I come from, chocolate chip cookie right wing ideology has light presence in public. EU cRPG community has been the closest to stormfront, for me at least.

Yeah, playing in this mixed community, it really has highlighted the amount of nationalism over there. Now we may chant 'Merica! 'Merica!, but just look at the difference. Over there, you could get into a fist fight because someone's great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather invaded the other guys great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather's country. Here? Let's see, 3 of our top 5 trading partners are Japan(bombed us at Pearl Harbor, bringing the U.S into WWII), China (one of our 2 cold war nuclear adversaries and communist), Germany (we fought against them in WWI and WWII). Japan and Germany are on the list of many Americans to visit, and China as well. My own son is going to China in June as an Ambassador from our city. And as much as people talk about building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico, we like our citizens of Mexican heritage. In fact, we like all of our immigrants who don't break our laws or blow things up. It is just the way we are. Hell, we even like Canadians of all people!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #374 on: January 24, 2014, 03:56:23 am »
Just be careful or you will end up on The List.
Turtles