Author Topic: DayZ Standalone  (Read 56489 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: DayZ Standalone
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2014, 11:25:33 pm »
+1
Backpack inception sounds like a paradise for people that want to gather everything

For now the only inception I got is dropping bags/cases on the ground and never seeing them again. Goodbye loots  :cry:

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2014, 11:52:31 pm »
+1
It depends on the server quite a lot. If the server is under heavy stress it usually takes a while for stuff to spawn when you drop them. And sometimes when you drop a backpack on the floor when you're in a building, the backpack will spawn on the ground level floor.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2014, 12:43:49 am »
+5
Playing Arma 3 again makes me depressed for the state Dayz SA is in. I wish they'd made it on Arma 3 engine.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2014, 01:32:50 pm »
+2
Playing Arma 3 again makes me depressed for the state Dayz SA is in. I wish they'd made it on Arma 3 engine.
I really dont understand why BI didnt just hand them RV3 engine, it feels way more fluid and animations are far less clunky.
They aint never gonna get rid of the base faults of arma2, ie. i just accidentally run thru the wall, zombies just clipping thru houses and so on..

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2014, 02:28:59 pm »
+2
Should've used a non-Arma engine that's more stable. I'm sure with the success of the mod it wouldn't be so hard to find some mainstream companies to lend them their engine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2014, 04:13:07 pm »
+1
I really dont understand why BI didnt just hand them RV3 engine, it feels way more fluid and animations are far less clunky.
They aint never gonna get rid of the base faults of arma2, ie. i just accidentally run thru the wall, zombies just clipping thru houses and so on..

The arma 3 engine isnt exempt of defaults...
Rocket is a veteran user of the arma 2 engine and knows how to use it to get where he wants to.
The few examples of bugs you quote can be answered with one word : ALPHA. It will be resolved before release obviously.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2014, 05:40:37 pm »
+1

The arma 3 engine isnt exempt of defaults...
Rocket is a veteran user of the arma 2 engine and knows how to use it to get where he wants to.
The few examples of bugs you quote can be answered with one word : ALPHA. It will be resolved before release obviously.
He has backing from BI, so any new stuff he doesnt know about RV3 they could tell he, and i used to do my own missions for both OFP and Arma 2 and the Real Virtuality hasnt really changed that drastically, you could basically use the same scripts from OFP in arma2.

And those "bugs" (=more like lack of a proper psychics engine)  have been in the series since OFP was released in 2001, if BI itself didnt manage to fix them in the many games after 2001(OFP:Resistance,arma & arma2,A2CO)  i seriously doubt DayZ can do anything to address them with their current engine.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2014, 06:10:18 pm »
+1
You seem to know more than me, I have only played DayZ  :lol:

But what I read on the physics problem was that, for the moment, it was the alpha-fix for not causing players to get crushed by doors and to let zombies run indoors without pathfinding problems.
Now, maybe they are lying and that those problems will stay for a long time, but I cant see how a game where zombies go through floors and doors is what we can expect at release.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2014, 06:33:35 pm »
+1
Yeah, it feels kinda silly that they decided to add berry picking to a fucking zombie survival game. While you can barely find any zombies, and those few you actually run into are bugged as fuck.
 They also keep telling that there are a lot of performance problems for server, and that they are trying to come up with a solutions for that.... yet they end up filling woods with berries.

Overall, I enjoy playing DayZ a lot already, but I'm very disappointed in the speed they are developing their game, and also the in way things are going.

Edit: Had a very close call situation with a newspawn today in Berezino. Saw him approach me, told him to stop. He kept coming closer. I started to aim at him with my m4, he took his fists ready and started to sprint around like a madman. I started to spray him, got some hits since he was bleeding all over the place. He punched me ONCE, and I fell unconscious. Luckily had my friend watching this little shootout who took out this berserk newspawn. Otherwise he could have looted all my stuff from me after that one KO punch  :lol:
When I respawn I really want to try that out.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:44:02 pm by Lennu »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2014, 12:05:34 am »
+2
It's because he shouted shoryuken

Offline Loris

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Loris
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2014, 09:50:16 pm »
+1
Yeah, it feels kinda silly that they decided to add berry picking to a fucking zombie survival game. While you can barely find any zombies, and those few you actually run into are bugged as fuck.

In the new patch, they fixed some zombies glitches (they shouldnt be able to run through walls anymore) thought.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2014, 10:02:43 pm »
+3
The priority order of fix/tweaks/features is not to be understood by mere mortals.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2014, 02:50:49 am »
+3
I had pretty epic DayZ session today.
We were a group of 3 and decided to search thought Berezino for some action. We spot a newspawn searching a building. We surrounded the building, and managed to handcuff the newspawn :D  He did what we told him to (dropped his crowbar and stood still) but said nothing, so we told him what key it was to chat. And Ta-dah! He indeed had just started the game.

Now we had a new mission: Protect the newb, and find him some basic gear. 1 of us acts as his personal guide, while 2 others were securing the area and spotting loot he might want to pick up.
After we found him a backpack, a hoodie and some food we decided that it was time to leave Berezino and head North to that wrecked ship.
As we arrived the newb + his guide went inside the ship, while the 2 of climbed on the hill where we could spot pretty much everyone either spawning in the ship or entering the ship.
And naturally, we do spot 2 players approaching. All geared up. One of them hides in the bushes, while the other one turns away and seems to run into another direction. We have both the our sniper and the newb-guide(inside the ship) aiming for the one in the bushes while I move behind the hill to wait for the 2nd "hostile" player. As I say that I have him on sight we decide to open fire. I manage to wound my target, but can't kill him. Instead he hides behind a tree. Suddainly I died.
The two others see their target loggin out the moment they opened fire, so our sniper decides to switch to his revolver and avenge me. He spots a m4 man wearing a clown mask ( not the same guy I fired at) and kills him, then gets killed himself. Probably the by one I had shot earlier. During our gunfight on the hill, the newb-guide leaves the ship and makes a run for it, leaving our "objective" (who had no idea what was going on) behind.

2 KIA
"Objective" MIA
1 Survived
 :)

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!