1 (worst)
50 (38.5%)
5 (3.8%)
11 (8.5%)
7 (5.4%)
5 (best)
57 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 130

Author Topic: [Unban Essay] How a non-racist remark can be marked racist  (Read 9363 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: [Unban Essay] How a non-racist remark can be marked racist
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 04:34:55 pm »
Hah what. I say he should write his OWN essay instead of just ripping the second search result from google.

http://resistracism.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/internet-racism/

Well now, this explains why the thing did not feel genuine... He did not write the bloody thing. Honestly a cheap move, keep him banned.

Actually republicanism has nothing to do with the republican party. Perhaps reading a book before insulting someone would help.
Yes darling, I'll ignore all of the insults/ignorant statements I have seen you fling in the past, forgive me oh mighty one for making a mistake unlike you oh-perfect ATS masters and your personal gleaming reputation. I am so well and truly sorry for daring step out of line, will you ever forgive me kind sir? I beg of you to forgive my ignorance, and will clean your boots with my tongue and kiss your ring a thousand times if that is what it takes. I'll start reading more books sir, become more educated until I'm on the same level of the average Americ-oh wait...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:38:18 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:41 pm »
Copied? Turn it into a permament key ban then. Forever.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 04:51:56 pm »

This 100%.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

The above says that repeat offenders are treated more seriously, and that previous violations are considered (not just the singular incident) when punishing. If the individual in question has been banned 8 times already on the official servers alone, and can not even be bothered to write his own unbann essay, I see no reason why we should let him in.

The c-RPG community is not so small that we absolutely need every player no matter how bad. I say man up, and keep the bad eggs out. The vast majority of players have never been in trouble, and here we have a known troublemaker who breaks the rules on a regular basis and is now guilty of plagiarism.

Keep him permanently banned.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 05:05:28 pm »
+1
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 07:25:15 am »
+3
I would like to change my 4 to a 1.

thx.

What is it with people trolling their own unban essays?
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline JohnAdams

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United States of America
  • Game nicks: FF_JohnAdams
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 09:35:42 am »
+3
Yes darling, I'll ignore all of the insults/ignorant statements I have seen you fling in the past, forgive me oh mighty one for making a mistake unlike you oh-perfect ATS masters and your personal gleaming reputation. I am so well and truly sorry for daring step out of line, will you ever forgive me kind sir? I beg of you to forgive my ignorance, and will clean your boots with my tongue and kiss your ring a thousand times if that is what it takes. I'll start reading more books sir, become more educated until I'm on the same level of the average Americ-oh wait...
lmao, what does any of this have to do with what he said? you were talking about something you obviously don't know shit about and got called on it, and he was right to call you on it
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:36:55 am by JohnAdams »

Offline FF_Patrick_Henry

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Die hard supporter of Republicanism.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Death_Lifter, FF_FrancisLewis
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 10:58:34 am »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I always knew George to make good topics but this is really one for the history books! I'm going to abstain from my typical faux-rp posting style because there are a couple of things that need to be addressed.

Regarding Tears of Destiny's ( :lol: ) tirade of Anti-George Washington comments. I'd like to address Republicanism, and perhaps enlighten you just a touch. The Republicanism of the Founding Father is a separate entity from that which the modern Republican Party prescribes to. Republicanism of yore, as John Adams elegantly put it in 1787, is "a government, in which all men, rich and poor, magistrates and subjects, officers and people, masters and servants, the first citizen and the last, are equally subject to the laws." This information is available to you on the internet, for free, thanks to the sacrifices of loyal, honorable, and patriotic Americans. If you are an American and you are past the typical angsty high school phase I really do recommend you reconsider your stance on America. At the least, try to avoid spouting your unwanted opinions in other peoples unban topics in order to further some self-serving notion of authority in the CRPG Community.

To get to my main point, though, the CRPG community needs to settle down with its tireless witch hunt. George Washington is no worse a troll than the majority of members in this community. Sure, his jokes are crass and he's been known to round delay occasionally but honestly that does not warrant such an outburst of hatred. Now, as a standing believer in fundamental Republicanism, I agree with what John Adams famously wrote and I also believe that if you, the admins of CRPG, wish to treat George Washington so sternly than so should you treat everyone. If you choose to over-look other players transgressions on so many occasions than so should George Washington be treated. I'm not asking for much, just some consistency.

Don't let the vocal minority decide George Washington's fate, look to Republicanism for true equality and justice.
Liberty or Death
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 11:06:18 am »
+2
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I always knew George to make good topics but this is really one for the history books! I'm going to abstain from my typical faux-rp posting style because there are a couple of things that need to be addressed.

Regarding Tears of Destiny's ( :lol: ) tirade of Anti-George Washington comments. I'd like to address Republicanism, and perhaps enlighten you just a touch. The Republicanism of the Founding Father is a separate entity from that which the modern Republican Party prescribes to. Republicanism of yore, as John Adams elegantly put it in 1787, is "a government, in which all men, rich and poor, magistrates and subjects, officers and people, masters and servants, the first citizen and the last, are equally subject to the laws." This information is available to you on the internet, for free, thanks to the sacrifices of loyal, honorable, and patriotic Americans. If you are an American and you are past the typical angsty high school phase I really do recommend you reconsider your stance on America. At the least, try to avoid spouting your unwanted opinions in other peoples unban topics in order to further some self-serving notion of authority in the CRPG Community.

To get to my main point, though, the CRPG community needs to settle down with its tireless witch hunt. George Washington is no worse a troll than the majority of members in this community. Sure, his jokes are crass and he's been known to round delay occasionally but honestly that does not warrant such an outburst of hatred. Now, as a standing believer in fundamental Republicanism, I agree with what John Adams famously wrote and I also believe that if you, the admins of CRPG, wish to treat George Washington so sternly than so should you treat everyone. If you choose to over-look other players transgressions on so many occasions than so should George Washington be treated. I'm not asking for much, just some consistency.

Don't let the vocal minority decide George Washington's fate, look to Republicanism for true equality and justice.

So your just going to gloss over the fact he just C/Ped a google search?

Offline JohnAdams

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FF_JohnAdams
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »
So your just going to gloss over the fact he just C/Ped a google search?
he put exactly as much thought into his unban essay as kalam put into banning him for what would have been, at most, muteworthy if anyone else had said it. like i said, if y'all wanna ban him for past history just do that instead of making excuses. so far past ban history is literally the only reason anyone in here has come up with for keeping this ban in the first place
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:24:45 pm by JohnAdams »

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 05:28:57 pm »
he put exactly as much thought into his unban essay as kalam put into banning him for what would have been, at most, muteworthy if anyone else had said it. like i said, if y'all wanna ban him for past history just do that instead of making excuses. so far past ban history is literally the only reason anyone in here has come up with for keeping this ban in the first place

+1

The ban was bullshit in the first place. Stop making so much commotion over something of such little importance and just move the fuck on people. Seriously.

Offline ammeron

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 5
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warkittenz
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 06:21:27 pm »
i love the people saying "perma ban this fucker", u people are worthless.  its not like having a guy troll around a little bit every now in then is making everyones crpg experience less enjoyable, ur saying if someone loggs on and says a questionable joke that ruins ur crpg for the day? thats bull shit, relax and have some fun ffs. i understand if he went around tk'n 5 people on purpose,  but none of this stuff is serious even remotely.  i'd copy my ban essay too if i was banned for something so insignificant.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 06:33:33 pm »
Past history and all that yo, past history. Rawr! Hence why some want perma bans.

Regardless, the rules in the ban forum clearly state it is up to the admins, so the opinions of the peasants are considered but ultimately you need to convince the important people and not your peers (and he is failing at the moment).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:34:59 pm by Tears of Destiny »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 07:51:31 pm »
Wow, did not see that one coming at all!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 11:04:54 am »
Hah what. I say he should write his OWN essay instead of just ripping the second search result from google.

http://resistracism.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/internet-racism/
OWNED HARD

8 bans, now copying an essay to get an easy unban.
Perma ban this fucker, clearly he hasn't learned shit.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 11:09:41 am »
PERMA BAN!
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!