Author Topic: Anniversary Loom Reward  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Anniversary Loom Reward
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:42:15 am »
+6
Here's the basic idea:  For all existing characters, give them 1 loom point for each year they have played cRPG.

This can be accomplished by looking at the date that a player signed up on the cRPG site.  From the date that this event takes place, how many years your account has been signed up, you'd get 1 loom for each year passed. Example:  I signed up March 15, 2012.  So that's 5 years... I'd get 5 looms.

There's two reasons why this can be positive for the community:

1)  It may encourage older players to come back and play if they have a few new looms waiting for them.

2)  It's a way to reward the players that have stuck with this mod and kept the community alive.

Mind you, I'm not really sure how exactly you accomplish this.  Maybe you could script something to do an automatic roll out all accounts.  And it'd just go off their sign up date.

Or you could just make it a manual process where users hit up an Admin that would be put in charge of this event.  That way you don't have to send looms out to every player in the history of the game.  You only send the looms out to players that ask for them... meaning there here to play.  That may be current players.  That may be players that haven't played in a year or two but come back for this event.

Two things of note:

1)  This wouldn't have to be an on-going thing.  Meaning next year on March 15, 2018 I wouldn't get a loom.  Unless a Dev could script something to make this happen automatically, it would be way to crazy too keep up with.  It would simply be a one-time event where players got looms for being long-time players.

2)  I know this will not help new players.  While we certainly need ideas for new players... not all ideas & actions have to be just for them.

Anyways, I hope my explanation makes sense.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:41:44 am by Mallets »

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
Re: Anniversary Loom Reward
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 10:16:28 am »
+2
Got multiple accounts on multiple keys gimme those 20 loompoints

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:46:34 am »
+2

Amateur...

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 11:17:05 am »
+1
I feel that new players should be given at least one LP under the proposed system. Older players with multiple accounts are already at an advantage; it may be construed that the new players have been playing for at LEAST one year.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 07:12:11 pm »
+1

Yeah, not sure how to manage folks with multiple accounts and then trading it all to one account.  Or if there's a need to manage it.  If you've paid for multiple Warband's more power to you.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 01:31:32 am »
+2
Wait per character? Shit. That's cray. Probably better to make it per account.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 01:40:53 am »
Wait per character? Shit. That's cray. Probably better to make it per account.

No, I mean per account (not character).  But some folks may have multiple accounts.  They may have purchased multiple keys for some reason.  Maybe they got banned at one point... bought another key... but then got unbanned... so now they have two accounts.

In this instance... they may have been playing for 5 years... so both accounts would get 5 looms.  The user could then trade all the looms to one account.

But I say power to them.  They had to pay for another other accounts (keys) they may have.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 02:14:37 am »
+1
No, I mean per account (not character).  But some folks may have multiple accounts.  They may have purchased multiple keys for some reason.  Maybe they got banned at one point... bought another key... but then got unbanned... so now they have two accounts.

In this instance... they may have been playing for 5 years... so both accounts would get 5 looms.  The user could then trade all the looms to one account.

But I say power to them.  They had to pay for another other accounts (keys) they may have.

Oh ok. I was going off the first sentence and you said characters. Guess I misunderstood what you trying to say. I'd be a rich man if it were per character though.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 02:56:58 am »
+1

i dont think we should give people with 2 accounts extra looms lol

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 07:54:58 pm »
Seriously... Badplayer voted against this.  What a tool!  He just can't help but be a Euro nah-sayer!  It's sad that you are in such opposition to most of the community.  You really like taking the fun away... aye!

And for the record... I'm ok with folks disagreeing with this idea for whatever reason.  Just not you disagreeing.  Cause I know you're no fun and your ideas would just suck the fun out of this mod!

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 09:23:53 pm »
+2
Seriously... Badplayer voted against this.  What a tool!  He just can't help but be a Euro nah-sayer!  It's sad that you are in such opposition to most of the community.  You really like taking the fun away... aye!

And for the record... I'm ok with folks disagreeing with this idea for whatever reason.  Just not you disagreeing.  Cause I know you're no fun and your ideas would just suck the fun out of this mod!

I have 8 accounts, most going back 4+ years. I don't think this is fair that i'd get an armoury full of heirlooms while new players get almost nothing lol.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 09:53:08 pm »
I have 8 accounts, most going back 4+ years. I don't think this is fair that i'd get an armoury full of heirlooms while new players get almost nothing lol.

And while I understand that... and would be great if there was a way to curtail that.  But if you bought 8 accounts... power to you.

And while this doesn't help new players... it doesn't have to.  Other things (ideas/suggestions) can be done to help new players.  The point of this suggestion is that it may draw old players back in if they have a few looms awaiting them.

And I don't think it's a terrible idea to reward those that have long stuck with this mod.

Of course, I'm ok either way with it... whether this is done or not.  I'm not worried about more looms.  Looms are always nice!  But honestly, I'm the last to care about them.  I just thought it'd be something nice for the community... if it could successfully be pulled off without too much headache to the devs & admins.

And hopefully it's draw old players back in.  This is the main reason for the suggestion.  If you guys don't think it will draw them in... then I'd say don't do it... as it's probably not worth the headache.