Author Topic: Shield is very bad shield  (Read 7667 times)

Offline Maksimus

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Shield is very bad shield
« on: January 23, 2014, 09:19:21 am »
+19
I play on eu7. I have huscarl shield and 13 shieldskill. And what I noticed: I  often got shot a 45 degree archer or xbower. Sometimes I was killed through the shield by the bolt of the engineers. And sometimes I was killed from bandits crhushthrough with the chippest maul, are bandits so strong? Or shields were nerfed totally? Also I was killed from 60-70 degree slasher from the right and left swing.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:30:08 pm by Kalam »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Shield is very bad shield
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:36:10 am »
+18
Get a shield lol use tactics and adapt teamwork

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 09:59:25 am »
+5
Get a shield lol use tactics and adapt teamwork

EDIT:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:32:25 am »
+27
shielder very very bad !!

injustice ! !
 I love Shielder but

a very difficult game, shielder  and hit hard

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 11:36:35 am »
+4
Hi,

its signed,

i can only approved.

Moncho

(at least yours does not ever break, mine doesn't even have that perk)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 12:38:23 pm »
+1
So what, you want your shield to be a 360d "Bubble of invulnerability"?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 1258
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 01:08:27 pm »

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 01:21:56 pm »
+5
Enjoy it, while it lasts. Expect those indestructible shields to be gone from dtv sometime soon.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 01:23:38 pm »
I play on eu7. I have huscarl shield and 13 shieldskill. And what I noticed: I  often got shot a 45 degree archer or xbower. Sometimes I was killed through the shield by the bolt of the engineers. And sometimes I was killed from bandits crhushthrough with the chippest maul, are bandits so strong? Or shields were nerfed totally? Also I was killed from 60-70 degree slasher from the right and left swing.

ranged forcefield is heavily nerfed in crpg (thanks to the oh glorious devs in their infinite wisdom)

with the huscarl's round shield and 13 shield skill you have the maximum possible forcefield, however, so you should not be having a problem with it

(btw, if you have 13 shield skill you can take a practice shield and it will be invincible)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 01:27:29 pm »
Yes! I think shield buff is in order
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 02:15:37 pm »
+4
I play on eu7. I have huscarl shield and 13 shieldskill.

Seriously guy, learn to footwork. I have 5 shield skill and a huscarl on my alt and am fine. Also, situational awareness helps. Shields are in a great spot right now, no invisible orb of protection and the fact that projectiles can hit you if you are not meeting them square on is how it should be. Nothing pisses you off worse as ranged, before the shield change, when some asshole with a shield wouldn't even be facing you and yet magically your arrow magnetized to the side of the shield. As far as getting  shot through the shield, either you left off the block button for a split second or the engineer was right on top of you. I would recommend fixing your build first and going with some PS and being able to, I don't know, fight instead of block all the time. Just my thoughts.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 02:22:49 pm »
+5
As far as getting shot through the shield, either you left off the block buttons stopped leeching for a split second or the engineer was right on top of you. I would recommend fixing your build first and going with some PS and being able to, I don't know, fight instead of block leech all the time.
Fixed.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Maksimus

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 02:30:20 pm »
Lol this not my main character my main is 30/9 BeaRed, and I'm always in top) I just wrote what is happening to the shield that I have. Who want me to learn manual block, I play this game for three years and I know how. I dont leech, always helping team luring bots. That's all.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 02:30:28 pm »
+4
Dude, I hope you're Chinese because if you're not, ban would be in order. Reason why Chinese players play those builds on EU server is because they can't play proper melee cause of 350 ping. Now if you're EU, you have no excuse. Back in the days when I started, players were eager to learn game mechanics. These days everyone wants an easy way to the top.

Players like you, who don't want to learn manual blocking (DTV bots will help you with that) are the reason why we can't get pass Rohan wave with full team. Then people QQ how DTV sucks, but in reality players suck.

Did you really write this pile of shit Leshma?
You know why there's a free point assignment system? Because you can play whatever you want. If someone wants to play 13 shield, why not? Ofc if he delays battle rounds massively, he will get banned but as long as he sticks to the rules he can do what he feels like.Are you really that type of shitheads who flames ppl for not putting on their heaviest armor and their best weapon in DTV? I often get insulted when playing with my usual peasant gear but I always think only new players do insult ppl for being unique. Btw, it's not really easy to top with 13 shield build because you don't do much dmg and thus will get the shittiest score ever...
I smell some butthurt irrationalism over there...
(I'm tmpted to play more DTV now, just to prevent you from getting past the Rohirric riders.)

Lol this not my main character my main is 30/9 BeaRed, and I'm always in top) I just wrote what is happening to the shield that I have. Who want me to learn manual block, I play this game for three years and I know how. I dont leech, always helping team luring bots. That's all.

Crushthrough resistance is determinated by shield weight and your STR as far as I know. At least I feel like I have less crushthrough resistance with 13 shield and a Huscarl's than with an ordinary 18/18 build and Huscarl's.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:37:11 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 02:42:16 pm »
+1
Dude, I hope you're Chinese because if you're not, ban would be in order. Reason why Chinese players play those builds on EU server is because they can't play proper melee cause of 350 ping. Now if you're EU, you have no excuse. Back in the days when I started, players were eager to learn game mechanics. These days everyone wants an easy way to the top.

Players like you, who don't want to learn manual blocking (DTV bots will help you with that) are the reason why we can't get pass Rohan wave with full team. Then people QQ how DTV sucks, but in reality players suck.

Didnt it ever occured to you that some shielders play their class because they like the style?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.