Author Topic: You forgot about heavy (g)lance.  (Read 642 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
You forgot about heavy (g)lance.
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:06:36 pm »
+1
just saying. this has been discussed over and over again during the last couple of months, i'm pretty sure you know what the issues are by now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:25:04 pm by Ujin »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: You forgot about heavy (g)lance.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:13:49 pm »
+3
I always thought these complaints were just the tears of an OP class that got it's long deserved balance, making other lances actually viable choices. I also thought that the heavy lance with its slow speed still benefitted enough from speed bonus to do good damage. I have played my cav alt again though, sure 6 ps and an unloomed heavy lance might not be optimal, but glancing on full speed proper hits is a bit ridiculous. I feel like I do more damage to armour swinging my unloomed cut damage LHB on foot with 5 athlethics than stabbing someone at full speed with the pierce heavy lance.

Seriously just whiffing and glancing all over the place, although I am not sure if it is the damage nerf, maybe something about the stabbing mechanics got changed, cause I remember doing better even with a 4 ps unloomed 26p heavy lance when my cav alt was still built for the great lance, which should be about equal.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:37:33 pm »
+2
Unloomed Heavy Lance is a terribly bad weapon right now. At +3 it's useable, but undue punishment is dealt out to anyone using a normal one.

Maybe it could get 25 pierce at +0 but only 2 more damage at +3?

I'm not a big fan of balancing the weapons by tweaking the heirloom bonuses too much, but maybe it's called for here, like it currently is for archers. They would get twice the +3 damage from both heirloomed arrows and bows, while the analogous damage multiplier is the speed bonus for Heavy Lance.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:38:55 pm »
Unloomed Heavy Lance is a terribly bad weapon right now. At +3 it's useable, but undue punishment is dealt out to anyone using a normal one.

Maybe it could get 25 pierce at +0 but only 2 more damage at +3?

I'm not a big fan of balancing the weapons by tweaking the heirloom bonuses too much, but maybe it's called for here, like it currently is for archers. They would get twice the +3 damage from both heirloomed arrows and bows, while the analogous damage multiplier is the speed bonus for Heavy Lance.
:|

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 03:39:21 pm »
+1
I think the heavy lance damage currently falls right under the soak damage levels. I think a buff by something as small as 1 or 2 damage would make a big difference.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 03:49:03 pm »
:|

My suggestion wouldn't bring it back to its former glory if that's what you mean, but it should make the unloomed Heavy Lance a choice you don't get laughed at for. And those who already have it at +3 would still get one more damage compared to the current situation.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:35:44 pm »
I constantly glance with 20 str and 6 PS using anything but a MW Heavy Lance (0, +1 or +2 Heavy Lance in strat battles).  It's not as bad on a courser, but try riding an armored horse or a destrier with a heavy lance and it's glance city.

Trading my MW Heavy Lance and +1 Wisby Gauntlets for a MW Lance was the best trade I ever made.  Heavy Lance blows dicks like it's going out of style.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 12:40:01 am »
That the piece of turd is still double the price of the (superior) lance is an utter shambles
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.