Author Topic: Patchnotes thread.  (Read 19579 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Patchnotes thread.
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2012, 02:30:21 am »
People love apocalyptic settings, especially when it has zombies in it.

It'll stay strong, especially if there will be a standalone game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 03:13:33 am »
Shit, that's like what 2.4 million in sales or something along those lines? Nice!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 07:27:17 am »
No vibe, I just think it's rediculous to use BUT GUYS, IT'S AN ALPHA!, when the dev confirmed the mod won't be leaving alpha. And no, I didn't miss the big ALPHA sign, but my point remains: if you think it's acceptable to release a bugged patch, 20 days after the previous patch, which barely did anything either, than you're the brain dead here.

I like it how you started with "I don't know where to begin", and in the end you did nothing but insult me, adding no counter arguments at all. Atleast bring up an argument rather than spam ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA, 1.7.1 is a bad patch, rocket is messing up more and more while spending half of the time posting LOLOLOL I TROLL U, this has nothing to do with my thinking level.

The reason why real alpha/beta tests are usually closed in the beginning, is because they need to slowly stress their serves, have a small group of people going after the bugs, seeing if it's all working, and after that invite more and more people, untill eventually going into open alpha/beta. Releasing a mod, claiming it's in alpha, messing up a lot of things, making fun of the people that play your mod and "trolling" on the forums, no, that's not acceptable.

You are like the typical rocket fanboy on the dayz forums right now, yes Mister rocket please make zombies even harder, make them impossible to kill, make them spawn 10 times more, make them fly around the map, give them all DMR's with 100% accuracy! Yes that makes the game much harder! It will be so much more fun this way! What, you don't like dieing? You are just a carebear, yes all your tears are delicious! Don't you wish you died 20 times per minute like me? Look how much fun I am having! Oh yes rocket, put it in deeper!

I'm not sure if you've been following these threads, but I've stood behind dayz and rocket pretty much all the time, but I don't support the direction rocket and his fanboys are taking this.

And Xant, now I reread it it might have sounded wrong, but what I mean is: Once you have 250.000 people that are playing your mod, you aren't supposed to keep releasing random things in the hope of it working, it's better to playtest them before even bringing it into alpha. Ofcourse there will be bugs, ofcourse there won't be a final release, that's where you say BUT IT'S ALPHA! but I think it's stupid to release a patch that messes up the experience for that many people, while adding more and more bugs/unfinished features, and if you say BUT IT'S ALPHA! in this situation, you are being like a 13 year old that got his first crush, like Vibe is acting right now, insulting anything and everybody that says something negative about his crush.

If this was any other mod I would let you off by just accepting you simply can't grasp what alpha tests are about. But this is dayz and rocket, who hotfixes stuff in a matter of hours usually and yet you are complaining because one patch introduced new bugs? Guess what man, this is what alpha is about. IT IS ACCEPTABLE TO RELEASE A BUGGED PATCH. They make a new patch, introduce new features and previous fixes, new bugs appear, we test, report, they fix - is that so hard to get? They don't need to test all scenarios before releasing an alpha patch, because we are there to do that (and it doesn't matter how many people are testing).

Also from your whine I take it this mod is getting too hardcore for you, oh well there's always l4d rite
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:33:50 am by Vibe »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2012, 07:36:59 am »
If that is what the community wants to accept, so be it, let us finish this discussion here unless any of you feels the need to keep it going, but we're people with different opinions and obviously non of us is going to accept the others, so I'm pretty sure from now on the talk will be going more and more off-point while wasting all of our times. If you want to continue, I'll answer whenever it is necessary to answer, the choice is all yours.

You just can't accept you're wrong lol.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2012, 10:38:29 am »
No1 ever can
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2012, 11:34:54 am »
Also from your whine I take it this mod is getting too hardcore for you, oh well there's always l4d rite

Didn't expect any worse argument from you, rocket increases amount of zombies, increases their strength, increases their visibility, which means that he wants you to kill zombies, and you tell me to go play l4d? Pathetic, this mod has nothing to do with hardcore, I know it and you know it, getting loot is piss easy, surviving is even easier and making zombies harder encourages even more passive play and snipers.

You are worse than the people on the dayz forums.

"Too hardcore for you, don't you wish you were as hardcore as I am? I can sit outside of cherno and snipe people look how hardcore I am! Oh look zombies got supervision now and can spot you from 3000m, rocket best dev. It is not a bug it is a feature!"

And as I said, bugs are acceptable in alpha, it's why it is in alpha, but what gave Rocket the oh so brilliant idea to make you spawn without weapons, make the zombies 10 times harder, while not being 100% sure that the features that made it possible worked. It would take 1 hour on a testserver to get the information he needed, instead he spends that time going LOLOLOL I TROLL U on the forums, and you rocket fanboys will eat it up and join him in his "trolling", pathetic.

As I said before in the post before, this discussion is pointless because of the BUT ITS ALPHA BUT ITS ALPHA ITS ACCEPTABLE TO GET HIS COCK UP DEEP BECAUSE ITS ALPHA spam, and honestly, if you want to accept it, than go by all means go ahead, I stoped playing DayZ a while ago because it lost its appeal to me, I just expressed my opinion trough a small post after which Rocket Defense Force member Vibe went full defense and started insulting me, ofcourse I will reply.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2012, 11:43:12 am »
So why are you crying here if you stopped playing? And even if you were still playing it's hard waiting a bit for the fixes to come in right? Or maybe you actually believe your senseless whining will speed up the fixes?

"He should've tested this and that for x hours before releasing", "the patch should be 100% working before released"?
Why are we, the alpha testers, here then for?

Either way, the point stands:
I seriously doubt I can explain this to you no matter how hard I try
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:46:56 am by Vibe »

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2012, 11:46:59 am »
I'm not crying, I made one single post about how I think they should playtest certain things in private despite it being alpha. I doubt Rocket comes here so I doubt any of my posts will do anything of value. I'm just an extremely bored person that has a fetish for complaining.

I think the sentence you quoted applies more for yourself, as I made it clear that bugs are completely acceptable, but gamebreaking things could be playtested a little bit instead of trolling on the forums, to have a better enviroment for the players to find the actual bugs in.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2012, 11:49:16 am »
If only your complaints made any sense.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2012, 11:51:37 am »
If only you would be able to understand them.

Last post in this thread for a while, unless actually have something to add.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 11:51:57 am »
Well, spawning w/o even a pistol is kinda stupid as a design decision.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2012, 11:55:01 am »
If only you would be able to understand them.

Last post in this thread for a while, unless actually have something to add.

What's not to understand? You as an alpha tester want alpha patches to be completely tested out and working 100% before being handed out to the testers... yes it makes perfect sense

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2012, 11:57:46 am »
Lol, just lol. I seriously doubt I can explain this to you no matter how hard I try

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »
*sigh*

I tried.

If anyone else wants to take up this fool, good luck

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 12:16:12 pm »
You tried by constantly calling me names, not reading my posts, putting words in my mouth and continueing the dicussion when I already said it was pointless and we'd best stop it.

No, you are being the fool here.