Author Topic: The art of throwing II  (Read 25789 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The art of throwing II
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 10:13:43 am »
Nice! I will try that next time when I play with my alt ^^
Or just play with your shielder alt and fight with me. I'll show you my throwing lance collection^^
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:15:18 am by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 08:23:53 pm »
Or just play with your shielder alt and fight with me. I'll show you my throwing lance collection^^
Nah I sacrificed my gen 3 shielder ^^)

I'm probably never going to make a onehander again. It just doesn't fit me. Watch out for Fallen_Oden and his throwing axes instead :D.

EDIT: That jump trick works like a toilet of a train :D.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:48:31 am by Son Of Odin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 05:18:11 pm »
What armor do you recommend for build 21/18 ?
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 12:02:32 am »

like said in guide, all depends on the PT you want to have in your build

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 10:32:04 am »
Yeah, I'm a hybrid and can wear heavy kuyak, mail mittens, nordic warlord helm and mail chausses with PT4 and plenty of WPF for my polearms.

I made a PT 10 stf character that can wear a lamellar vest (but no gloves, 0-weight boots and I think my head weight can't go over 0.3)

Incidentally, regarding "polearms that stick up in your camera while throwing", that bugs me too.  The pole axes are good, though.  I've been enjoying the Great Long Axe.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 12:45:14 am »
My build:

18/18
6PT
6PS
5SHield
6WM

130 one handed
104 throwing.

Only for light armor. It's possible to do something like 120 one handed /110-112 on throwing to allow a better equipment.

Offline Herpderp

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 12:27:04 am »
Any suggestions for gear for a throwing shielder? I'm currently using:

going for a 18/18 build. Also, what should I heirloom first?

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 01:03:05 am »
what is your build? is this your first generation?

Offline Herpderp

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 01:07:53 am »
first gen, using Slamz's shielder suggestion. No idea where my build is headed yet, I'm at 4PT 5PS 2IF 4ATH 4WM 100 1h and 100 throwing, level 25 18/13.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 11:48:32 pm »
You can wear anything you wish too as far as it respec your wpf limit. Generally if you want to have heavier armor, you'll need more wpf, if later on you wish more PT, you'll need more wpf. What you have there seems good and shouldnt need to much investment in throwing so you can concentrate on 1h.

Even though 100 wpf with 4 PT should, in my opinion allow you to wear heavier gear (i get to use 7 pt and throwing lances with 110 wpf and that armor, just saying). What you might want to do is go to duel server take your throwing axes and try different equipment on to see when you get the message (or just the formula to calculate)

In conclusion i believe with the build you have you can wear heavier armor or get more PT. Iv just calculate, with your build you need about 71 wpf for your throwing axes, you have 100!

you have then different solutions :

-Get more PT, you could probably take 2 extra!!
-Get more heavier armor!!
-a bit of both, extra PT with a bit heavier armor
-or for the next time reduce your throwing wpf.

whatever you do, if you stick with slamz build i dont think investing more wpf in throwing is necessarry, put the rest in 1H!

Also, IF is the last skill i would invest when doing my build, if i take some of that, i would do it when I'm about to finish my build, there are better priorities. also IF isnt much uses in light gear.

For your loompoint, a lot of people suggest, after first gen, to sell it so it, helps you to fund all your equipment you need to repair and/or buy

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 07:11:07 pm »
How does a shield effect your throwing? Almost every dedicated thrower I see on the servers wears ultralight armor and none of them carry a shield, not even a buckler.

Lowered accuracy? Speed and damage? Does it play into the item weight WPF calculations? Curious because I am considering a hybrid thrower next generation and would like to more or less nudge it into my light armor/shield layout I am currently using.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »
How does a shield effect your throwing? Almost every dedicated thrower I see on the servers wears ultralight armor and none of them carry a shield, not even a buckler.

Lowered accuracy? Speed and damage? Does it play into the item weight WPF calculations? Curious because I am considering a hybrid thrower next generation and would like to more or less nudge it into my light armor/shield layout I am currently using.
It's because points spend in the shield can be better used in ironflesh (or any other skill you want). There is also the fact that carrying a shield reduces the amount of ammo you can have. I wondered the same question before I tried a thrower as well, and at level 9-10 I just realized I can be better without a shield. But I might be mistaken. Being a shielder that uses throwing as a side arm sounds strong and tempting still.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »

I'v studied throwing under every context.

what's interesting with a non shield hybrid thrower, is you can push your build quite high if you reach higher levels. you can achieve a 21/21 build with 140 in polearms (or 2h) and 110 in trhowing with 6 pt 7 ath and 7 ps. you can be very effective meleer and hit hard with your throwing weapons.
you can have a decent 18/21 build at level 31

with a shielder i will have a 21/18 build by level 32, you can't go as high and i havnt got 6 pt yet!
Now my first question was, should i go 18/21 or 21/18?. 7 wm would allow me to get decent wpf in 1h and throwing. But as i leveld, i realised that 6 ps wassnt good enough to be effective enough in melee! With a 2h or polearm 6 ps is enough because those weapons often compensate by having 40+ damage, something you couldnt dream of with a mw 1h!

so 21/18 is what i am aiming for level 32, this means less wpf so if you want to have higher PT you better play lighter!

BUT

shield compensates the fact that you'r softer, protects you from arrows and does autoblock. many time my shield has blocked an arrow as i was about to throw! You can also advance in clustefucks with your shield up to retrieve ammo in enemy lines and come back (I'v already derp into enemy lines shield up, to take my ammo and run back under the startle look of my foes  :mrgreen: )

I hope I am clear, there's many things i can say and trying to say them all at the same time cna make it kind of hard to understand

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 07:47:08 pm »
Of course lactose knows more than me about this :D

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 09:07:36 pm »
I've used throwing with a shield, and the only thing I did not like was the time it took to go from blocking with the shield to a chambered throw.
Try it, and you'll see why most people don't.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!