Author Topic: Alternative ways to retire.  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Alternative ways to retire.
« on: February 01, 2011, 03:13:07 am »
I don't think I'm alone in thinking that making the retirement level 31 was a little harsh, but if retirement is intended to be for serious grinders only, I was wondering if it'd be possible to have another way to retire.

With upkeep etc. money can be hard to come by, but if one could retire by spending say 25k or something.... it'd be a nice alternative (I'm collecting lots of money on my archer, but crap all experience towards retirement)

Or perhaps a way to turn cash into experience under guise of 'additional training' button or something.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
Re: Alternative ways to retire.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 04:12:54 am »
I'd like somwhere to put my gold, using my 30k set i've been slowly accumulating gold, i've spent it on horses, throwing and several different sets of armour. I still have 140k left over :(.

+1 to anything to spend my gold on.

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:41:17 am »
Make it lvl 32 to retire  :twisted:

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 04:48:41 am »
Make it lvl 32 to retire  :twisted:

keep pushing this agenda and it'll be level 32 till you can see your family again.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 04:58:16 am »
It would be nice if the multiplier cap was extended to x10, but made so after x5 it takes two wins in a row for each consecutive multiplier gain. So it would take 4 wins in a row to get to x5, and 14 wins in a row to get to x10.

At the current rate, it takes 29.11 hours of x5 for a gen 1 to level up to level 31. If it was extended to x10 that time could be halved to 14.56 hours (not including the time it takes to get the multiplier) of x10 (although godlike skill/unbelievable luck would be required for such a feat).
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 05:21:33 am »
Seriously no.
Retirement isn't meant to be something that you can achieve easily and heirlooms are quite powerful.
Gold is easy to get in the new system. Let's assume average of x2 -> 100gold per minute -> ~4h30min to 25k if you run around with shirt and sword.
Mind you, I don't like grind either, but if you make it easy the grinders will just race through it 20 times, before you get it once.

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 05:22:14 am »
There should be a trade option of gold. Like one clanmate can share there gold with another clanmate or something hehehe. Im so fucking poor.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 05:56:35 am »
Perhaps a lottery system so that people have something to throw away money on? For example you could be able to purchase a lottery ticket once a week on the crpg site, at the end of the week a random player with a ticket is chosen and recieves a +1 heirloom modifier to a random item in his characters inventory.
To make this a true moneysink a ticket should cost a lot, (in the region of 30-50k in my opinion) whether you should be allowed to purchase multiple tickets or not I am unsure as even 2 tickets would be very expensive but you are increasing your chances of winning significantly.

I'd welcome some constructive feedback on this, thanks.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 08:13:26 am »
It would be nice if the multiplier cap was extended to x10, but made so after x5 it takes two wins in a row for each consecutive multiplier gain. So it would take 4 wins in a row to get to x5, and 14 wins in a row to get to x10.

I'm in favor of something like this.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:30 am »
25k for a retirement is dirt cheap, I spend 25k to upkeep my plate for ~2-3 hours of gameplay. Anyway spending gold for retirements is a bad idea, people will just stay at level 31 and farm gold.

I think it would be more interesting to purchase a boost - for example for 50k gold you get 1 hour of double xp/gold (x1 becomes x2, x5 becomes x10).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:16:47 am by Punisher »

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 06:29:55 pm »
I think it would be more interesting to purchase a boost - for example for 50k gold you get 1 hour of double xp/gold (x1 becomes x2, x5 becomes x10).

I like this idea too.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 06:42:41 pm »
Perhaps a lottery system so that people have something to throw away money on? For example you could be able to purchase a lottery ticket once a week on the crpg site, at the end of the week a random player with a ticket is chosen and recieves a +1 heirloom modifier to a random item in his characters inventory.
To make this a true moneysink a ticket should cost a lot, (in the region of 30-50k in my opinion) whether you should be allowed to purchase multiple tickets or not I am unsure as even 2 tickets would be very expensive but you are increasing your chances of winning significantly.

I'd welcome some constructive feedback on this, thanks.

Fail.
its a horrible idea.  Basically all the ninjas would just be gold farming heirlooms.  those guys already have 200k+ and can farm rediculous amounts very quickly.  When I wear my lamer set I can make 25k in like 3 hours.  Lottery is a BAD idea.  Earn your heirlooms.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 03:07:03 am »

At the current rate, it takes 29.11 hours of x5 for a gen 1 to level up to level 31. If it was extended to x10 that time could be halved to 14.56 hours (not including the time it takes to get the multiplier) of x10 (although godlike skill/unbelievable luck would be required for such a feat).

while I'm in favour of extending the multiplier cap some servers have shitty balancing so you can't really get ahead much multiplier wise because the teams seem to be getting balanced every round.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 09:03:00 am »
while I'm in favour of extending the multiplier cap some servers have shitty balancing so you can't really get ahead much multiplier wise because the teams seem to be getting balanced every round.

That sounds like GOOD balancing to me. If they extended the multiplier cap to x10, it would be good BECAUSE people wouldn't get there often, so it would be special.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 09:41:37 am »

On siege after your team has won, but before the next round begins, you can change to spectator without losing your multiplier. People already exploit that to keep their x5 constantly. That exploit needs to be fixed before a x10 multiplier is introduced.