Author Topic: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?  (Read 23907 times)

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
Re: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2015, 10:13:53 pm »

Majority voted it in and then majority voted to keep it.

Simply all there is too it.

Offline kooktar

• Java2EE Senior Software Architect
  • Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2015, 10:27:05 pm »
nah

Glad to see you have conceded the point. Going back to my original facts(no valid rebuttals have been posted):

#1) It does matter. The state of cRPG has an impact on how people view M:BG, as was plugged in their video as a point of reference to be used.
#2) The dev team doesn't care about this community or the mod. CMP just reclarified this a page or two back. They are 100% devoted to M:BG, which is totally fine if not for fact #1
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2015, 10:35:15 pm »
+1

I dont think going by votes of the majority is a good thing in this mod tbh, because if people dont know how to fight one thing they will want it nerfed. A poll of nerfing archery to the ground would probably go through, but wouldnt be very wise for the mod in general. Nerfing agility into the ground would also probably have the majority backing it, and also ruin a huge part of the game. Wanting nerfs for the 2h thrust has been a thing since the very start of the mod, it has even been nerfed multiple times and was actually not that strong before the recent change. Allthough it might still be viable, i still feel as if the old one fits more to the mod. The 2h class lost its entire feel when its stab was changed, its like part of the nostalgia love of the game was ripped away.

Allthough the community should definitely have input, it shouldnt be deciding major changes like that, because many just want fixes for their personal flaws, instead of learning the game.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2015, 10:37:23 pm »
lol

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2015, 10:48:59 pm »
Glad to see you have conceded the point. Going back to my original facts(no valid rebuttals have been posted):

#1) It does matter. The state of cRPG has an impact on how people view M:BG, as was plugged in their video as a point of reference to be used.
#2) The dev team doesn't care about this community or the mod. CMP just reclarified this a page or two back. They are 100% devoted to M:BG, which is totally fine if not for fact #1

#3) Your solution is?

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline kooktar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2015, 11:02:19 pm »
I think the answer to that is the main goal of the OPs original post. Its a shame after 13 pages his question hasn't been answered yet but, ya got people complaining about 2h stab and how to nerf archery.

You got the pro M:BG dev team folks and QQing cRPGers crew arguing blindly with no basis for their arguements just the passion in their hearts. If it hasn't occured to the readers already i am pro M:BG. The problem is people instantly see a little bit of friction as the worst thing possible and h8 h8 h8. I want M:BG to succeed, and if that means people view me as the bad guy for pointing out issues so be it.

But when in a professional video you literally tell people to use your old game as a reference point and slap your name on it. If the game is shit it reflects on you as a studio regardless if you don't want to believe it does.

If fixing the numerous issues in cRPG will bring a good light upon M:BG then I feel it needs to be done.
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ImSofaKingInKweddable
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:38 pm »
+3

Good defense, allow me to continue beating you into the ground.

Your approval was never this ridiculously high, at least your better at fixing polls than animating. A real Kim Jong Un, well done.

(click to show/hide)

It was more along these lines.

(click to show/hide)

Which is still a large amount of disapproval. I recall something similar happening to Star Wars Galaxies years ago, NGE any one?

On top of all this: There never was a vote to keep it in the game.

If you want a vote, check this reflection of what people think of your work.

(click to show/hide)

The majority of the player base is NOT even involved in the forums. These forum players adding input are literally relics of the past that haven't played in years. Hell, I only became active on the forums after this horrible patch (mainly stab) was introduced despite playing for years.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:21:56 pm by ImElias »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2015, 11:22:23 pm »
+1
The question has been answered:

Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore? -  Because M:BG does everything cRPG does, just better. (hopefully  :D)

And regarding that reference in the KS, it was a mistake. Simple as that, move on. Our concern should not be the people that have seen the KS video and presentation but those who have not.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2015, 11:23:40 pm »
+3
the game has been shit from the beginning, depending on who you ask. every patch, people complain. there will never be a day when the entire community agrees on anything. whatever changes you think are gonna fix everything and everyone will be happy, doesn't exist. nobody new to crpg is gonna give a shit about the things people playig for years give a shit about. if by some miracle someone who saw the kickstarter video actually plays crpg, they will not have the same opinions you or anyone else here have, because it will all be new and exciting. whatever details about crpg you think are going to ruin potential mbg buyers chances of doing so, don't exist for anyone but you and an easily ignorable number of people here.

there is and never has been any such thing as a "fixed" crpg. people have different opinions and will til crpg is gone, mbg has come and gone, you are gone, everyone is gone.

get over it.

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2015, 11:25:13 pm »
+1
Oh hold on, I found it and have voted in it previously: http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/(poll)-feedback-on-2h-stab/

Again, that is extremely high disapproval. Did you immediately count all the not sure's as yes?

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2015, 11:32:31 pm »
+1
Why would he have to? The majority voted to keep it.

This isn't comparable to real life, we don't live with the results every day and finally come to grips with it.

We just stop playing, again: Star Wars Galaxies NGE. The game died because of it, CRPG's population after the patch reflects that scenario.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:36:55 pm by ImElias »

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2015, 12:22:46 am »
+2
Time is a limited resource, and we chose to allocate all of our time to developing M:BG. Simple.

This wins the "dumbest comparison of the day award" hands down. cRPG is a free mod that we developed with our own time and money. You are entitled to NOTHING.

Can i ask you something Supreme Overlord?

Who is the head of Public Relations in Battlegrounds.

As a future investor this is the most crucial question.

I hope you can understand that the CRpg community is all you got. No money can buy that feedback .I also hope that you can understand that the reason of why the kickstarter campaign failed wasn't because you focused on the Crpg community that you begged for help.

I hope that you can also understand that you are behaving like you created mounted and blade 8.08.

So i am asking you again who is the Head of PR operations for melee battlegrounds?

Start acting like a developer  and not as a modder.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2015, 01:04:41 am »
Pretty sure that's cooties?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2015, 01:38:40 am »
+1
What is the difference between a developer and a modder, though? Isn't a modder a developer too?

Offline kooktar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2015, 02:17:57 am »
the game has been shit from the beginning, depending on who you ask. every patch, people complain. there will never be a day when the entire community agrees on anything. whatever changes you think are gonna fix everything and everyone will be happy, doesn't exist. nobody new to crpg is gonna give a shit about the things people playig for years give a shit about. if by some miracle someone who saw the kickstarter video actually plays crpg, they will not have the same opinions you or anyone else here have, because it will all be new and exciting. whatever details about crpg you think are going to ruin potential mbg buyers chances of doing so, don't exist for anyone but you and an easily ignorable number of people here.

there is and never has been any such thing as a "fixed" crpg. people have different opinions and will til crpg is gone, mbg has come and gone, you are gone, everyone is gone.

get over it.

Dooz, when you say fixing cRPG, you get flashbacks of the countless QQ posts about X spec needing Y nerf. To me these are balance issues, its the way the game is and everyone has a level playing field.

When I say fixing cRPG, i'm talking about peoples heads floating infront of them, abundant texture errors on load, completely unplayable gameplay due to a broken team balancing system (10v25).

I want them to fix the mod so if people watch their video and take the time to download it and play it, they see it for its greatness. Not its recent debacles.