Author Topic: [Unban] Pain_Death_Destruction  (Read 2029 times)

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
[Unban] Pain_Death_Destruction
« on: July 13, 2012, 04:58:46 pm »
Was banned from NA1.  No warning or reason given. I was not breaking any rules.

Edit: Took place at time of post (rather shortly before.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:30:46 pm by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: [Unbann] Pain_Death_Destruction
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:04:14 pm »
Was banned from NA1.  No warning or reason given. I was not breaking any rules.

Edit: Took place at time of post (rather shortly before.)
You were already warned about needing to contribute and stop leeching. This is was what you were banned for as well, using your horse to move from location to location so that you can sit afk while the fight progresses. Specifically at the time of your ban, you had a teammate a few meters in front of you fighting a shielder and you continued to do as you had done for the entirety of the round. You sat on your horse and just watched.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [Unbann] Pain_Death_Destruction
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 05:23:02 pm »
The following is a copy and paste of leeching from the rules. 

"No leeching

OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
    NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode (I was never AFK)
    NOT OK: Running around without no weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute. This point does not apply to Rageball, as long as you are actually playing the game. (I was not naked, I was in full gear, on horseback with a weapon)
    NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die" (I was not doing this either as I participated in combat in every round where and when it was required and always when engaged.)

Furthermore in the rules it says ("OK: hiding"),  When you "warned" me I explained the rules to you and you said to "stop arguing and to keep doing it." (or something like that) thus confirming that I was not in violation of the rules.

You were already warned about needing to contribute and stop leeching. This is was what you were banned for as well, using your horse to move from location to location so that you can sit afk while the fight progresses. Specifically at the time of your ban, you had a teammate a few meters in front of you fighting a shielder and you continued to do as you had done for the entirety of the round. You sat on your horse and just watched.
"

How am I suppose to move from location from location if I am afk?  The shielder was the last alive on the enemy team I have honor and respect end game duels, besides I am not required to engage in combat unless I am the last man alive on my team.

Admins do not have the right to make up rules or to tell me who and how I should fight (unless I am breaking a rule).  The rules are there for a reason, Rules dictate, Admins enforce.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:18:08 pm by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison

Offline Slev23

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [Unban] Pain_Death_Destruction
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 06:35:08 pm »
NOT OK: Running around without no weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute. This point does not apply to Rageball, as long as you are actually playing the game.

I fixed that for you and bolded the reason why he banned you.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 06:36:11 pm »
If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

You just read right over the part that says "Not contributing is leeching". You were even warned that you specifically needed to contribute. Next time you either try this shit again or try to invent a new and creative way to be an idiot, you're not going to get off with such a short ban.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 06:38:39 pm »
It says not "Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute."  The statement directly refers to naked runners.

Offline Slev23

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:39:57 pm »
It says not "Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute."  The statement directly refers to naked runners.

Wrong. You're combining the phrase absolutely improperly in a way to try and logic your way out of leeching. The correct way to read this phrase is, "Not contributing is leeching, for example, naked runners don't contribute and therefore are leeching."

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:46:23 pm »
Wrong. You're combining the phrase absolutely improperly in a way to try and logic your way out of leeching. The correct way to read this phrase is, "Not contributing is leeching, for example, naked runners don't contribute and therefore are leeching."

Dude your wrong there would be a period after leeching if it was not directly related.  Furthermore your changing the literal reading of the text and essentially making stuff up.

ether way

here is websters definition,
"Definition of CONTRIBUTE
transitive verb
: to give or supply in common with others <contribute money to a cause>
: to supply (as an article) for a publication
intransitive verb
a : to give a part to a common fund or store <contribute to a fund-raising campaign> b : to play a significant part in bringing about an end or result <many players have contributed to the team's success>
: to submit articles to a publication

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/contributing

So I was contributing as per my involvement in combat, under the first definition I was doing something in common with everyone else, thus contributing.  Furthermore I was doing way better then you and that's y you decided to troll me and still are.

Offline Slev23

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 06:54:57 pm »
Per the first definition and your logic, if I saw a woman being robbed on the street, I contributed to the robbery by watching it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:59:11 pm by Slev23 »

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 07:01:32 pm »
Per the first definition and your logic, if I saw a woman being robbed on the street, I contributed to the robbery by watching it.

Actually you are incorrect once again, "As individuals, Americans may choose to act as Good Samaritans and come to the aid of those in need, but are not legally obligated to do so. Traditionally under American law, no general duty to rescue is imposed upon us."

http://www.aapsonline.org/brochures/rescue.html

Nor are there any rules here which require me to rescue any of you.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 07:22:38 pm »
Furthermore, Slev

your metaphor of a mugging in relation to me not intervening in a duel is completely irrelevant to the charges accused against me and ultimately just utter poppycock. 

I am a cav and a 2/h. There is nothing I hate more when 2/handing in a duel then when some cav that comes along, runs me over, either steels my kill or gets me killed.  The cav that do this are known as greedy, and it is one of the major reasons people don't respect cav.  That, backstabbing, and bumping.  All things I was not doing and essentially got banned for not doing.

Edit: oh and honor to, which is the most important thing. This is why i tend to not interrupt duels.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:46:33 pm by JasonPastman »

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 08:23:48 pm »
Funny, just noticed it's friday the 13th, not to mention my forum name is Jason...lol... :twisted:

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 09:52:13 pm »
ban has expire

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars