Poll

Should we nerf ranged?

NERF RANGED
270 (47.6%)
I LIKE TO BE GAY AND PLAY COUNTER STRIKE STYLE CRPG
297 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 566

Author Topic: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED  (Read 42049 times)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: SAVE CRPG! NERF RANGED
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2012, 12:55:36 am »
I never said all archers are skilless, I said archers have the most "not-so-skilled" players which results in very few really good archers who are topping the score board from time to time.

What makes you think this, in particular? Is it the suckiness at melee or all the missed arrows?

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2012, 01:10:58 am »
The point is you cannot find out how easy/difficult a class or playstyle is unless you played it for a longer time. Pretending to know about it after like 10 kills with a STF is just plainly arrogant.  I suggest you start at zero and make an archer alt, level him up and see how it works out like Meow did with an open mind because he is not a blockhead like so many others here.

Many long-time players have played archer for a gen or two (or at least played a STF for a while).
I find it quite arrogant of you to assume that everyone with a differing opinion is talking out of their arse.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline IL_Xijena

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Attempts to make a bad joke from time to time.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Smrt
  • IRC nick: skype: punkisnotdead8
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2012, 01:16:33 am »
Im not a really an experienced player but from what I read and saw on the servers themselves it's not that archers do great damage or whatsoever, the fact is there should be less archers. Im not saying we should have pure melee but honestly, it's ridicilous when you see a volley of arrows flying towards you. I think there should be a "nerf" which would encourage all archers to use medium armor and have a melee weapon because it's funny when he shots you until you come near then just escapes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:19:58 am by IL_Xijena »
"Anger is as good as courage".

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2012, 01:17:36 am »
Many long-time players have played archer for a gen or two (or at least played a STF for a while).
I find it quite arrogant of you to assume that everyone with a differing opinion is talking out of their arse.

and many haven't, especially the ones who feel they need to make an STF alt and then brag about "how easy it was"

Dev's tellin these dumbasses, listen up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2012, 01:38:05 am »
Here's a thought, a lot of us are saying there should be less archers, but I agree and disagree.

Reason is, that in a battle, there SHOULD be lots of arrows flying BUT, it should be like it really was, from far away, aimed into the air and the arrows rain down on the enemy, then the cav charge bla bla bla, that to me would be epic.

However, the way ranged is, we have this fucking Legolas LARPer Robin hood prince of thieves fucking mentatlity and the fail engine allows it, where one archer does what would never happen in a real battle, for example this ridiculous thing where they aim first away from you and then at suddenly towards you from like, 1 meter, and shoot through your shield.  This is just fake.  The same way they used to jump above the shield at close range and make a hedshot (one of best things devs ever did removing jump shooting btw).

Do you think a battle could ever be won by a couple of archers who snipered everybody off? Nah, but in cRPG it can. 

Yes, this is verging on having to face up to the fact that it's very unrealistic and belongs in realism thread so you can ignore this post  :lol:

One thing we all have to agree on though, including archers (who still won't agree) is that there are a helluva lot of ranged hate threads, and those threads where people ask which class is most annoying/hated and ranged top always...you have to admit, something is wrong.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline IL_Xijena

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2012, 01:40:49 am »
Here's a thought, a lot of us are saying there should be less archers, but I agree and disagree.

Reason is, that in a battle, there SHOULD be lots of arrows flying BUT, it should be like it really was, from far away, aimed into the air and the arrows rain down on the enemy, then the cav charge bla bla bla, that to me would be epic.

However, the way ranged is, we have this fucking Legolas LARPer Robin hood prince of thieves fucking mentatlity and the fail engine allows it, where one archer does what would never happen in a real battle, for example this ridiculous thing where they aim first away from you and then at suddenly towards you from like, 1 meter, and shoot through your shield.  This is just fake.  The same way they used to jump above the shield at close range and make a hedshot (one of best things devs ever did removing jump shooting btw).

Do you think a battle could ever be won by a couple of archers who snipered everybody off? Nah, but in cRPG it can. 

Yes, this is verging on having to face up to the fact that it's very unrealistic and belongs in realism thread so you can ignore this post  :lol:

One thing we all have to agree on though, including archers (who still won't agree) is that there are a helluva lot of ranged hate threads, and those threads where people ask which class is most annoying/hated and ranged top always...you have to admit, something is wrong.

Very true but such things can be only seen in RP :) I think that the Dev Team should do something large. Like in game, in warband if possible
"in-build teamspeak" and the highest level in the team would get commander so we would see a lot more tactics and such. I would love to see something like that because, I can't put it better then this:
"However, the way ranged is, we have this fucking Legolas LARPer Robin hood prince of thieves fucking mentatlity and the fail engine allows it"

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2012, 01:43:22 am »
Thank you.
If I recall correctly (counting Gens on my main and alts together), I played 3 Gens of pure foot archer, 2 gens HA, 3 gens pure xbow/hybrid xbow and 2 Gens throwing hybrid.

I guess more than 88 million expierence points in ranged classes should give me a slightly insight in those.

if you dont want nerf , then stop posting more then many other haters in nerf thread. And it is not even close to easy playing archer, when around are many other ranged, or me with arb, or some extremly high amount of cav, if you have big problems with archers, then try to wear something better then lamellar vest or find other build for yourself.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2012, 01:45:59 am »
ITT: what the average crpg player thinks is op
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline IL_Xijena

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2012, 03:59:02 am »
I think people shouldn't say Archery is easy. Meh, I shot a guy 5 times in his chest, he had medium armor and survived. The dmg itself is okay the problem is people just doing hit&run and basically people waiting for players to drop shield so they can shot them.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2012, 04:52:34 am »
... but honestly, it's ridicilous when you see a volley of arrows flying towards you.

HOW IS THIS NOT THE BEST THING EVER IN A MEDIEVAL FIGHTING SIMULATOR

However, the way ranged is, we have this fucking Legolas LARPer Robin hood prince of thieves fucking mentatlity and the fail engine allows it, where one archer does what would never happen in a real battle, for example this ridiculous thing where they aim first away from you and then at suddenly towards you from like, 1 meter, and shoot through your shield.

How do they shoot through your shield?  Also, in real life, archers can change the direction that they are aiming very easily... You just turn your body.  So this seems pretty realistic.

The same way they used to jump above the shield at close range and make a hedshot (one of best things devs ever did removing jump shooting btw).

You use to be able to JUMP and SHOOT!?  Damn, that would have been amazing to do, sounds like a ridiculous amount of fun.

If it's a small skirmish of 45 vs 45 I could definitely see an elite force of 3-5 archers that did a disproportional amount of damage.

There are so many ranged hate threads because it sucks fighting ranged if you don't have a shield and are slower than them.  People don't treat ranged with enough respect, in siege I see people charge up to the castle as arrows rain on them... not even dodging, getting hit by 2-3 arrows and maybe killed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:01:37 am by OpenPalm »
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2012, 05:01:06 am »
doublepost
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2012, 10:40:17 am »
I think the problem lies in the difference between loomed crap and unloomed crap (in addition to builds). I know I sometimes get shot for half of HP by an arrow and quite often for half of HP by a crossbow, whereas on my 5PD loomless HA the damage is downright disappointing (even off the horse). Every guy in decent armor takes atleast 5 arrows and the last destrier I killed while on a horse took more than ten arrows.

I can imagine I'd have much less trouble killing people with a loomed xbow and loomed bolts.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2012, 11:04:28 am »
Yep, Looms definately make a greater difference for ranged as they do for melee weapons ..

They don't make as much difference for melee weapons as they do for ranged (you can have both bow and arrows loomed).

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2012, 11:15:29 am »
They don't make as much difference for melee weapons as they do for ranged (you can have both bow and arrows loomed).

and melee can loom some very good armors, shields and any weapon type. And still use some loomed xbow as sec weapon or some throw loomed stuff.

when archer can use only bow and arrows, and maybe some 1h with low 1h wpf or none
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2012, 11:18:56 am »
L2E