Author Topic: random damage  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
Re: random damage
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 03:26:00 pm »
I had an idea a while ago; what if the more you attack in a short space of time, the more random your damage becomes? So your first swing/shot will do 100% of potential (with a bonus if held) but the more you swing/shoot the more tired your character becomes which increases the RNG involved in calculating damage. Periods spent not attacking will bring the RNG back down so it isn't as random anymore. Might be cool.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 04:18:14 pm »
I have played mostly as dedicated archer forever and I didnt find out about the bonus dmg from holding the shot until like 1 year ago. But then again, I didnt know you could just tap the right mousebutton to shoot either, I always played it like it was a real bow.
Choose a target,click and hold to draw arrow,adjust slightly the aim,release arrow. I felt like a fool , when I realised why the other archers could pewpew faster than me. It wasnt just because of the heirloombows  :oops:

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 12:59:14 am »
It is something in the game engine itself. I have tried it before. Same armor, same spot, same weapon, same speed bonus, same, same... I an Goker has tried this before in the native. Yes, I only read first 3-4 posts.
I think it is fine.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:01:51 am by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline HUSTLER

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 02:56:29 pm »
Ive gotten 1shot by a sniper xbow last night an i laughed my ass off 64 body armor an 60 hp 1 bolt to the stomach an i rolled over  :lol:

But its really rare it happens i couldn't help but lmao when it happend  :lol:
Stop nerfing shit, learn to counter a weapons strengths and learn some tactics.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 04:10:43 pm »
I think a small amount of randomness should remain to help with possible min/maxing issues, but I agree the random factor should be toned down quite a bit.   Of course this will probably create a bunch of balancing headaches with armor.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 08:24:07 pm »
+1
Well, I think the Warband devs made it that way that every armor should have weak and strong spots. However, determined by the luck; I think the chances should be made into based on the WPF and some randomness factor. More you are better with the weapon you use and more lucky you are, better you can aim for the weak spots.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D