Author Topic: CRPG - Aptly Named  (Read 6247 times)

Offline Slev23

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
CRPG - Aptly Named
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:50:00 pm »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: CRPG - Aptly Named
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:58:28 pm »
+3
And somehow you always get placed on the team that is not has a good clan on it?

Regardless, banner balance needs a change, preferably one that takes the banner part out.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 12:00:51 am »
There are some EU servers without banner balance, dunno about NA though. They are probably also not that crowded. :/
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Slev23

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 12:01:02 am »
Yup, I'm a recruit for invicti and our banner is always opposite the big clans and we usually at most have 8 or 9 people on, it's rare that we force a multi, but, if Occitan is on for instance, you know they're running the multi.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 12:05:58 am »
This may be true for you, but I never have problems getting a multi facing off against chaos or ats(quite the contrary with KUTT or Occitan by the way, every time I find myself on one of their teams it's almost a certain x1). Maybe you should take initiative and start picking off their good players. If you are an archer, and see a tin can like Serge with a naked peasant with practice sword behind him, shoot serge.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 12:09:03 am »
+2
I run BRD banner and other then the few who play occasionally we ain't no active clan like Chaos and I get x5 perfectly fine.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 12:15:14 am »
well, I love big clan it's funny to be on their team, and whne on opposite... try to make them loose the GTX are always fuunny thing to watch :twisted:
for the record I'm the only NA guy of my clan but I wear the same banner of KUTT (I got banner pack so my banner is a cool pig they use native and their is an horrible bear...)

they are part of game and you gotta use this to enjoy the game more : maybe you'll get x1 often when on opposite, but that x2 will be yummy!!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 12:21:01 am »
Perhaps we should just limit banner-balance to aim for collections of players, rather than having all members of a clan be on one team.  This would mean that, if there are 7 members of clan X on at a time, then there'd likely be 4 members on one side and three on another.  I'd like this.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 12:21:08 am »
Clans are sometimes problematic because they make it harder for you to target the real threats. Clans that play on pub servers usually aren't much more organised than the pubbies, but the clan players are simply better.

I think I have a pretty good W/L ratio currently, with a banner barely used by anyone. I'm not teamswitched with clans, but I'm not glued to noobs either that way.

In the end it all comes down to how the autobalance takes the actual performances of the teams into account.

Perhaps we should just limit banner-balance to aim for collections of players, rather than having all members of a clan be on one team.  This would mean that, if there are 7 members of clan X on at a time, then there'd likely be 4 members on one side and three on another.  I'd like this.

That's the worst possible situation for a 7 member clan. And pretty much the reason why banner balance was added.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:22:27 am by Kafein »

Offline mofugga

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Longrod_Von_Hugendong, Sexual_Chocolate, FussyBritches, Hebrew_Hammer
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 12:28:56 am »
+1
I roll random-banner and get 5x ocassionally too, but sure as hell don't get to roll 5x the MAJORITY of the time. Big difference.

It's far from balanced as is.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 12:52:52 am »
I did find that once I started rolling with the Hospis that I got more x5s going but it wasn't any huge increase on when I had it set to auto banner.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 01:10:08 am »
+2
I think the biggest detriment to your x5 is picking a banner used by below average people, as even the good clans can have their players picked off or mobbed. The problem is that people with less kills tend to get moved to the losing team as it tries to stack so many players that the losing team can mob the winning team, what ends up happening is the really good players just get more slag to kill. If you have the same banner as people with terrible kill ratios it tends to keep you with them.

If it was perfect at balancing you'd rarely get a x5 any ways.

On a side note it takes 3 arbalest shots from medium range to kill serge (not heirloomed). You'd probably do better killing his team mates so that he gets mobbed.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:14:08 am by Renten »

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 01:13:48 am »
I run BRD banner and other then the few who play occasionally we ain't no active clan like Chaos and I get x5 perfectly fine.

this

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 01:24:27 am »
+2
Communism-RPG.

Fear not proletariat worker! We have your interests at heart!

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None of yo business
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 01:38:45 am »
+1
Just get better and then join a clan.