Poll

Does Archery and Throwing need a nerf ??

Yes
65 (31%)
No
66 (31.4%)
Uuuhtaaaakk
24 (11.4%)
Stand Your Ground
23 (11%)
Whistle
32 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Too many projectiles  (Read 6866 times)

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Too many projectiles
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 03:41:02 pm »
For those who say dodging arrows is impossible, I have an advice. Don't zig zag in a pattern. When I see 2h coming my way, zig zaging left-right-left-right, I can only smile, predict his every move and hit him easily. Also, get the feel how long it takes for an archer to draw the bow and shoot (make an archer and get him to reasonable level to get the hang of it or whatever), if you time your zig zaging right, archers will very rarely hit you. Smart 2h when closing the gap, will run straight to me and when he sees me draw the bow, he moves just the second I launch the arrow. It's very very hard to hit him that way.
I feel the biggest problem for ppl is not the gap closing, but once you engage in melee with another melee, you are pretty much sitting duck for any archer that decides to shoot you.
Why you told them the secret?
Dont give nemeth any attention plz:D
The problem is that 2hs are so arogant and wont change their playstyle. Bad luck for you, the rest is developing!

Ok to sum up

1. Wait until archer launch the arrow, then zig-zag
2. Dont jump, otherwise you stuck for 0,5 sec.
3. Wear shields, for nonskilled players wodden shield. ( i know it doesent look fine :D, maybe chadz should redesign it to make it more beautiful)
4. Watch thorwer´s mode. If he leans backward he will throw his shit! (use your shield)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:44:15 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »
It's pretty hard as a thrower to hit an enemy dueling with a teammate, unless you don't care about TK.
You've to get really close and if the enemy is smart he will switch target and go for the thrower who is most of the time easier to kill.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 03:58:26 pm »

3. Wear shields, for nonskilled players wodden shield. ( i know it doesent look fine :D, maybe chadz should redesign it to make it more beautiful)

That´s it.

If there are many projektiles in the air , wear Shield. Even if u have a 2h ! Use the shield to get near archer/thrower , put the shield away and attack. Would u go on a battlefield , with archers on the other side , and just walk around whistle a song ? No ! U would have a Shield , or even 2 !
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 06:54:49 pm »
you can easily dodge arrows and even c-bow bolts unless the archer is VERY close to you. How do you think an archer fights another? It is not who shoots first wins, but constand dodging of the others arrows.

Of course you can dodge arrows if archer is far, but let me ask you this, how do expect to kill a archer? Magically telporting behind them and hitting them, or do you have to walk up to them and hit them? Take a wild guess.

Offline Malevolent_Warlord

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 08:54:48 pm »
Get a shield and stop bitching.

If I use my polearm or 2h-character and get shot by an arrow while fighting melee I instantly disengage and pull down my shield and switch to 1h(/2h) weapon and look around if I am too exposed and my overrall position on the field. Most likely I have missed enemy archers and I am their sole target.

Some other people might just blindly continue spamming and die after few arrows, because they want that peasant killed. After they are killed they come to forums and bitch and moan about archers.
Simple fact is that most people lack seriously in survival skills and have no idea of their surroundings.

I see it so often when I play my spearman character. Enemy comes and spamms me and tries to break my shield with a sword. I draw them to my friendlies. Enemy still keeps spamming my shield even though he is getting outnumbered... after few seconds they are dead. Zero skills, zero care for own survival.... dead. Its the same thing with 2h spammers who think they are the shit-elite. They don't pay attention and get killed. 

If u get a shield and pay attention to ur surroundings archers can only kill u if they outnumber and flank u.
MP nicks: Malevolent_Warlord, Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry, Warlords_Clibanarii

Those who are interested in tactics and tips: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,225.0.html

Offline Ronish

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 11:07:59 pm »
To many projectiles?

Buy a damn shield that has coverage.

Getting flanked by archers?

Why in the hell did your team let that happen, you deserve to die! muahahahaha....

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 11:14:11 pm »
To many projectiles?

Buy a damn shield that has coverage.

So everyone is forced to screw up their builds with useless shield points just to defend against archers? No other class requires special skill investements just to give you a chance to counter it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:15:12 pm by Punisher »

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:01 pm »
If your build makes you die often, I don't see how fixing that is screwing anything up
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:13 pm »
Why don't u whiners just try those classes urself?

No Offence but are you fucking retarded?

How the fuck does this solve the problem which the Original post states?

This just makes the problem worse...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 11:16:07 pm »
So everyone is forced to screw up their builds with useless shield points just to defend against friendly archers?

And a telling indication of the views on melee "balance" when 1h/shielder builds are "useless".  Buff 1h/shields imo.  ;)
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »
And a telling indication of the views on melee "balance" when 1h/shielder builds are "useless".  Buff 1h/shields imo.  ;)

You know what he meant;

Shield points are "useless" for a pure 2h build for example. Sure they help with archers, so not completely useless, hence the ""

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 11:18:53 pm »
For a 2H/Polearms guy shields are useless. I'm obviously not talking about 1H here. For example if I want to put points in shield I have to give up +3 agi gained from conversion (and I'm not saying I need 6 shield skill, if I put even 1 point in shield I don't have enough left to get +3 and increase WM/Ath).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:21:13 pm by Punisher »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2011, 12:06:49 am »
you can easily dodge arrows and even c-bow bolts unless the archer is VERY close to you. How do you think an archer fights another? It is not who shoots first wins, but constand dodging of the others arrows.

To kill them, I HAVE to get very close to them! I am not doing those roof-to-roof battles over half the map, even though I use a pike. Its reach is still only 245cm.  :rolleyes:  :wink:

For those who say dodging arrows is impossible, I have an advice. Don't zig zag in a pattern. When I see 2h coming my way, zig zaging left-right-left-right, I can only smile, predict his every move and hit him easily. Also, get the feel how long it takes for an archer to draw the bow and shoot (make an archer and get him to reasonable level to get the hang of it or whatever), if you time your zig zaging right, archers will very rarely hit you. Smart 2h when closing the gap, will run straight to me and when he sees me draw the bow, he moves just the second I launch the arrow. It's very very hard to hit him that way.
I feel the biggest problem for ppl is not the gap closing, but once you engage in melee with another melee, you are pretty much sitting duck for any archer that decides to shoot you.

Of course I move randomly, I thought this is understood!

And the "move when he lets loose"-tactic still offers a 33% chance of being hit (when he releases you can either walk left or right or don't change your direction at all). And experienced archers counter this by simply waiting an additional second to release the arrow. Most players doing this tactic will fall for it.

And don't forget most archers take position on elevated places, so even if you don't have to walk up a ladder without shield (suicide) already a small hill slows you down severly.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2011, 12:47:32 am »
There's actually a simple solution to this. Having a % allowed of archers and throwers in the teams. Past this %, extra people see their bows/throwing weapons disabled. No need to nerf them more this way, and you won't see half of your team going archer anymore.

And only a small % of cav/2handers/sword and boarders/mothers/fathers/cousins/uncles/your dog....

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2011, 01:21:26 am »
An OLD BOARD SHIELD has a requirement of ONE SKILL POINT and will block 200 points of damage with 26x60 coverage for a measly 4.5 weight. That is more than enough to get you where you need to be, at which point you can just drop the shield to let you move faster (and come back for it if needed).

If putting ONE SKILL POINT into shields is going to suddenly ruin your entire build and make it so you suck at the game, then you already suck at the game.