Poll

Does Archery and Throwing need a nerf ??

Yes
65 (31%)
No
66 (31.4%)
Uuuhtaaaakk
24 (11.4%)
Stand Your Ground
23 (11%)
Whistle
32 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Too many projectiles  (Read 6888 times)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: Too many projectiles
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2011, 04:36:06 am »
Now if u try archery/xbow/throwing urself u realise that when u see a guy who is facing u with a shield u know that u cannot hurt him with ranged weapons.

There is no problem....
Ranged weapons are in balance....
Skills that the players have are not in balance....

I dare to say, that you can take throwers off the list, since from my experience (heavy heather shield, shield 6 i think), they break the shield in like 4-5 hits, which with current rate of fire doesnt take more then few seconds. Also, dodging throwing weapons (same for xbows, but you shoot once, then you're forced to melee) at close range is much more difficult then dodging arrows due to the infinite aiming time.

EDIT: Also, low level shield is absolutely useless against throwers, so even if the whining threads about archery ends at some point, ppl will be still whining about throwers.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:38:39 am by Nemeth »

Offline TactiCol

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2011, 06:49:03 am »
I am sorry I didn't read any other posts in this discussion. But the fact that this has gone to 4 pages indicates to me that you guys missed the point that this guy is retarded.

Also, get a shield. In fact, hire three hookers to carry a shield and then stand infront of you.

The guy is retarded ? Seriously, wtf are you talking about.

You don't know anything about me, certainly nowhere near enough to make those sorts of baseless assumptions about my intellect.

I won't respond in kind.

Suffice to say I have a shield but it doesn't change the fact that there were too many projectiles flying around, making the game less fun for melee as it is for every other class.

In the ideal battle map scenario, Archers should be taking care of other Archers and Cav. Melee should be able to brawl it out with mainly melee. Obviously alongside the odd cav, archer and thrower for good measure in more isolated random skirmishes.

In reality what happens is Archers attack Melee, Cav attack Melee, Throwers attack Melee and Melee attack Melee. It got so that on EU1 a couple of days ago, it became difficult to swing a weapon in battle without getting hammered with projectiles.  That's why I made the original post.

Individual archers can be dealt with using a little guile and cunning, the problem for me though as originally stated, was the amount of projectiles in the game.

Holding a reasonable and balanced view does not a retard make.

Another passenger for the failbus quite frankly. :)

Offline TactiCol

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2011, 07:05:04 am »
U missed the whole point.

Projectiles do not bother me when I go 2h, 1h, polearm, cav or as an archer. I carry a shield for protection. Archers are the least of my problems.
2h-players who whine about archers just plain suck ass. They always go RAAAAGHHH CHAAAARGE KILLL ZIE PESANTS.... and then they are fucking dead.
If they were killed by projectiles they create projectile whinebitch thread.
If they are killed by horses they come here and bitch about horses.
Simple fact is that they made a mistake and got themselves killed. Plain and simple.

Now if u try archery/xbow/throwing urself u realise that when u see a guy who is facing u with a shield u know that u cannot hurt him with ranged weapons.

There is no problem....
Ranged weapons are in balance....
Skills that the players have are not in balance....
Utter Rubbish tbh.

I don't give a "flying" monkeys **** about dying in a game. :) It happens. I'm a big boy, I'll get over it quickly enough.

The original post did not mention anything about complaining about death. Even to the most dimwitted observer, the title could hardly have been more self explanatory.

Do yourself a favour, if you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing instead.

You can stay on the failbus until it reaches the terminus tbh, no charge. :)

Offline Malevolent_Warlord

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2011, 10:55:43 am »
Utter Rubbish tbh.

I don't give a "flying" monkeys **** about dying in a game. :) It happens. I'm a big boy, I'll get over it quickly enough.

The original post did not mention anything about complaining about death. Even to the most dimwitted observer, the title could hardly have been more self explanatory.

Do yourself a favour, if you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing instead.

You can stay on the failbus until it reaches the terminus tbh, no charge. :)

There it is " I don't give a "flying" monkeys **** about dying in a game. ". U should care about dying. Dead people don't swing.
So charge in and get hit by all the projectiles while chasing kills and then come bitch on the forums, because of too much projectiles? And when I say u need to protect urself u call me failbus and shit. Enough said.
MP nicks: Malevolent_Warlord, Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry, Warlords_Clibanarii

Those who are interested in tactics and tips: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,225.0.html

Offline TactiCol

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 11:13:12 am »
If you are gonna serialise what I'm saying and try to take it out of context then don't even bother having a discussion with me. Learn to address people and don't be such an arrogant gobshite.

You're clearly an empty vessel making way too much noise imo.

<<< Dons headphones and sets bullshit filter to max.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 11:16:29 am »
An OLD BOARD SHIELD has a requirement of ONE SKILL POINT and will block 200 points of damage with 26x60 coverage for a measly 4.5 weight. That is more than enough to get you where you need to be, at which point you can just drop the shield to let you move faster (and come back for it if needed).

If putting ONE SKILL POINT into shields is going to suddenly ruin your entire build and make it so you suck at the game, then you already suck at the game.

For my build I have to give up 1 powerstrike or 1 weapon master to have 1 spare point for shield.

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2011, 01:10:30 pm »
For my build I have to give up 1 powerstrike or 1 weapon master to have 1 spare point for shield.

Thats not much to be able to defend against ranged. I need to invest into 3 powerstrike and 100 WPF for 2h to be able to defend against melee.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:26:08 pm by AssPunisher »

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2011, 02:31:44 pm »
Exactly.
It's your choice.
I choose to make polearm/2h hybrid, with my slow infantry support weapons speed build outspams me, with sword I'm still a lot slower.
If you don't want to worry about ranged without investing, then I want the same speed as pure agi build without investing.

Individual archers can be dealt with using a little guile and cunning, the problem for me though as originally stated, was the amount of projectiles in the game.

Reduce ammo from throwers. 100% more problematic for me when I get close to melee, archers I can mostly ignore then, but there's little chance to avoid the 10 throwing axes you get in your back while fighting someone.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:49:08 pm by EponiCo »

Offline Dreakon_The_Destroyer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Kiss my Axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Dreakon_ATS
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2011, 05:51:01 pm »
I loveeee when the 2hand or weak shielders come at me with my 8 heavy throwing axes. if the guy stands still long enough ill chuck 1 or 2 axes into him. i carry a shield just in case im outta axes and need to use my 2Hander. you CAN fight and kill throwers and archers. learn to dance around or invest in shield points. even if you die you cant win EVERYTIME. just use your head and learn some strategy instead of hating us throwers.

and yes you can dodge arrows! quit whinning. i do it all the time. juke them!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 07:16:22 pm »
Oh that's the buckler.  Those are stupid, I'm not a fan.  They're not as good as they were, but they still catch arrows they shouldn't.  My resoning?  If you could block an arrow with a buckler ON PURPOSE, opposed to sheer luck of the arrow being shot directly at the damned thing, you could have just caught the arrow with your bare hand.  So I say BS to bucklers.

No the one I was talking about is the "Heater Shield" it's brown, has the black lion thing on the front.  Looks like it's covered in leather?
That is is as stupid as saying that if a tennis player can catch a ball at 200 km/h with his racket then he could also catch it with his bare hand.....
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2011, 07:35:50 pm »
I say reduce throwers ammo or make them pull a cart to carry it! :P

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2011, 08:18:53 pm »
That is is as stupid as saying that if a tennis player can catch a ball at 200 km/h with his racket then he could also catch it with his bare hand.....
(click to show/hide)

It's not plausible that the buckler is going to block those 6 arrows just shot at you.  You might get LUCKY and block one just by having your hand in the right place at the right time, but purposefully blocking an arrow with a buckler is completely implausible.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2011, 08:19:22 pm »
If you're not already an archer/thrower or any other kind of ranged person, you will most certainly end up with a x-bow.
Seems like too many people have them now.