Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 110884 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #900 on: October 07, 2015, 06:50:43 pm »
Where did I insult you, moron? See, that's an insult, and it neither adds nor detracts to or from any of my arguments.

Kickstarter didn't get the most money, no, and... what is your point?

Good god, you truly are retarded, you can't see that arguments by assertion are not real arguments. You keep saying idiotic things like this, "putting such a big project on kickstarter is a bad thing," "selling ships is a bad thing," and so on and so forth, yet you never provide any reasons for WHY those are bad. You just say them and expect everyone to think it's true.

Just because you don't say the word "retard" doesn't mean I don't notice your tone in the wording. Don't think you are some genius that no one comprehends, it's quite clear when you're mocking and/or writing sarcasm.

My point was that most of the money didn't come from the kickstarter but from packages and private donations. I don't know what's hard to comprehend. I thought you are a genius of I.Q 9000?

I said numerous times why selling ships is bad. Go read previous comments I'm not going to say the same thing for the third time.

Quote from: Vibe
And having money means you can instantly complete a project?

Please read next time.

"The amount of money he got was supposed to serve for the game to be complete or let's be real, near completion. Is it tough? Not even close!"

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2465
  • Infamy: 2055
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 07, 2015, 06:57:13 pm »
Till accountability is shown nothing is certain. I don't believe everything is fine as he says and so does many people.

Thing about money... if he shows how much he spent or how much he has left, he'll possibly shut down naysayers (if he has enough money left). But you see, those naysayers aren't the people he should care about nor he gets anything from people who didn't invest and aren't interested in the game. But those who already invested and are still investing, revealing financial status might have negative effects on their desire to keep investing in project. Until some legal institution force Roberts to reveal his finances, he won't do it. No one would in his position. Have you ever heard of crowdfunding project sharing with public how much crowdfunded money they spent?

Only mistake Roberts made was taking the bait Derek Smart and sites like Escapist are planting for months. I would ignore them completely.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 910
  • Infamy: 1258
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 07, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »
If he really required so much money, why make a kickstarter for only 2 million? If he is indeed wealthy, why does he need to rack 2-3 million a month to sustain 250+ people working? Aren't the 90+ million racked enough? I thought he said it was enough?

Kingdom Come Deliverance asked for smaller amount of money on Kickstarter. They reached their mark. Think they got somewhere around 2 million as well, if I'm not mistaken. Do you really believe making that game costs 2 million dollars?

Kickstarter is getting abused by non-indie studios in past 3 years, ever since Double Fine started the trend with what would later become travesty called Broken Age. They don't come to ask for funding, they are asking for money to see how much interest gamers have in their project. Later they go to actual investors who give them the money to make their game.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is funded by some millionaire dude, not by Kickstarter backers. Sony pulled off Kickstarter stunt with Shenmue. Later they said they aren't funding the game so they could make another Kickstarter. They got 6 million but it isn't enough. I bet at the end Sony will still put some money in development of that game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:09:38 pm by Leshma »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 07, 2015, 07:24:20 pm »
Just because you don't say the word "retard" doesn't mean I don't notice your tone in the wording. Don't think you are some genius that no one comprehends, it's quite clear when you're mocking and/or writing sarcasm.
Oh, so now it's my tone? I'm sowwy, did my tone huwt your feewings? And we're talking about my tone after you told me to "grow up", you retarded hypocrite?

My point was that most of the money didn't come from the kickstarter but from packages and private donations. I don't know what's hard to comprehend. I thought you are a genius of I.Q 9000?
Yes, I am a genius of IQ 9000, but the problem in this here communication is that you are not. No one has claimed most of the money came from Kickstarter, moron -- that is why I asked you what your point is.

I said numerous times why selling ships is bad. Go read previous comments I'm not going to say the same thing for the third time.
Oh right, I forgot, stupid CIG developing spaceships instead of working on their space game. Ah, Vexus, you're a riot.

Please read next time.

"The amount of money he got was supposed to serve for the game to be complete or let's be real, near completion. Is it tough? Not even close!"
And how do you know the amount of money they have won't be enough to see the game to near completion? I await eagerly for your sources.

:lol:
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 07, 2015, 07:28:48 pm »
Only mistake Roberts made was taking the bait Derek Smart and sites like Escapist are planting for months. I would ignore them completely.
No, I think CR had to engage them after that Escapist article, sadly. Other magazines like Forbes were re-reporting it with even more clickbait headlines, so CR had to respond for the sake of the backers somehow. But it's clear Escapist is not objective -- just look at their previous SC article written by the same person, with a stupid sensationalist clickbait headline as well.

Still can't get over the fact that Thomek the Observant claimed Derek Smart comes across saner than CR... DS who has tweeted every ten minutes about SC for months now, and who writes literally everywhere about it, all the time, like a lunatic.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 07, 2015, 07:45:49 pm »

Yeah, and where did you get the idea it should be completed already?

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 07, 2015, 07:54:30 pm »
Yeah, and where did you get the idea it should be completed already?

Where did I say the game has to be completed now? The game is supposed to release next year.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 07, 2015, 08:14:35 pm »
Where did I say the game has to be completed now? The game is supposed to release next year.

"near completion. Is it tough? Not even close!"

This is present tense, or are you wondering if the game will be completed in a year? Because that's speculation again, a feat very close to you. Honestly, is anything that you said recently not pulled out of your ass?

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 07, 2015, 08:20:17 pm »
"near completion. Is it tough? Not even close!"

This is present tense, or are you wondering if the game will be completed in a year? Because that's speculation again, a feat very close to you. Honestly, is anything that you said recently not pulled out of your ass?

Quite a few actually but why should I bother explaining I'll get attacked again.

See you next week after citizencon.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 07, 2015, 08:23:49 pm »
Quite a few actually but why should I bother explaining I'll get attacked again.

Really? Can't recall even a single statement from you that wasn't pure speculation or just plain retarded. Pretty much everything you've said was refuted already so I don't know what kind of explaining were you expecting to do.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 840
  • Infamy: 1001
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 07, 2015, 08:26:59 pm »
No, I think CR had to engage them after that Escapist article, sadly. Other magazines like Forbes were re-reporting it with even more clickbait headlines, so CR had to respond for the sake of the backers somehow. But it's clear Escapist is not objective -- just look at their previous SC article written by the same person, with a stupid sensationalist clickbait headline as well.

Regardless of this situation, gaming journalism just like general journalism is in serious peril. Click bait articles are the only way to get average reader's attention. Kids these days prefer listening to morons like PewDiePie, instead of reading quality article.

Sites like Fox News and Daily Mail used to be ridiculed because of their superficial approach to subject, but now every news site is like that.

Take Polygon for example. They started strong with some quality articles. Today it is painful to read most of the crap they publish on daily basis. Gaming journalism isn't done yet, but it is dead man walking.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #911 on: October 08, 2015, 02:42:23 am »
+1
And having money means you can instantly complete a project?
Silly vibe. Didn't you know the secret to time travel is money?

That's why Africa is still in the bronze age and glorious USA has flying cars! And let's not think of the cybertech they got in Qatar or Luxembourg!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 08, 2015, 08:39:59 am »
lmao, a CitizenCon? should rename it Citizens Conned

watching ppl try to defend their own weak-minded gullibility over star conflict was hilarious at first, but is becoming increasingly pathetic and embarrassing.

are you even able to get your money back for these fake ships? or did you agree to some ALL "DONATIONS" ARE FINAL  clause when you bought the deed to some luxury space sedan that you'll be able to pilot with your internet buddies just any day now..

"No crowdfunding monies are used for any private purposes - these allegations are completely false and defamatory," Roberts stated. "This is pure innuendo for nefarious purposes and I guarantee that anyone making this claim will be unable to show any proof of it as it simply hasn't happened. Ever since Wing Commander came out I've been lucky enough to be financially independent, driven nice cars and lived in nice houses. That's due to money earned through royalties, the sale of Origin to Electronic Arts, Digital Anvil to Microsoft and prudent investing. So why are people making a deal about me having these things now? I also find the continued attack on Sandi fairly alarming. Why is she being singled out? Because she's my wife? A woman? Yes, she's also an actress and there's nothing wrong with her also engaging in one of her passions after hours or outside of work. We let employees play games of D&D in our conference room in the evenings or weekends."

lmao, his wife is spending all your money
Smoothrich why did you tell Youtube to take down this video? http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/smoothrich-challenges-canary-for-1-na-badmin-of-all-time/
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kansuke

• Earl
  • Renown: 401
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Kansuke, LeRun
« Reply #913 on: October 09, 2015, 12:05:39 am »
I'll just drop this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10TAH5LVCow

:shock:

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 09, 2015, 12:07:19 am »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die