Author Topic: Strategus Ask-A-Dev  (Read 30071 times)

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
Re: Strategus Ask-A-Dev
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2011, 02:01:17 pm »
derp, it's calradia, not shogun 2 total war : you don't get a damn starting town, start with nothing everyone can conquer everything and there's no japanese people in calradia, uh.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2011, 02:29:24 pm »
What's Strategus?

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2011, 02:36:28 pm »
I guess you win the today question Alex!

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2011, 11:39:26 pm »
are you going to give more ways for the little guy to participate in strat, rather than just the ones in giant clans
+1

+1 for myself i want to see this answered
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2011, 01:48:58 am »
Previously you mentioned that players will be crafting equipment. If it is true, where (i.e. in cities, villages, or just anywhere on the map) can we craft it and how, i.e. what are the crafting mechanics? What kind of resources do we need to craft things, and where do you get them from? Thank you for your hard work.

+1 it is one (and food) of the new developments that will be integrated in strategus, this with resource management may play a very important role in the economy, it can also give a unique role to a player (hope more with the add of new skills).
This too : Thank you for your hard work.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2011, 06:41:02 am »
I'd like to know about the intra-faction dynamics.  Will we get a better vassalage system/ranks in the new strategus (and can you elaborate about it some)?  I suggested this a while back and it was received with positive feelings.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2011, 08:12:38 am »
- How important is constructable siege equiment going to be?
          -If they feature is implemented, will you need crews to use them properly?
määääääääääh!

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2011, 09:15:02 am »
Previously you mentioned that players will be crafting equipment. If it is true, where (i.e. in cities, villages, or just anywhere on the map) can we craft it and how, i.e. what are the crafting mechanics? What kind of resources do we need to craft things, and where do you get them from? Thank you for your hard work.

This might change a bit, but:
there will be about a dozen raw materials.
Every village has 3 materials it can produce.
the owner can shift the production balance.
the amount of resources produced is defined by the workers in the village.
the workers are other players who get a gold wage, defined and given out by the village owner.

the real item production will then happen in towns.
a town can produce up to 5 goods at the same time.
the village owner can set a smith.
the smith's skill defines of what quality (=heirloom) the produced item is.
the amount of workers in the town (=players) define how many items will be produced.

there will be other (individual) ways of creating weapons, but that will be very slow and not feasable to equip an army with it.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2011, 10:09:55 am »
nice
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2011, 10:23:36 am »
Question.

I have always think that a game like Strategus should be rewarded after how much time you put into it.

Before you could log in like every 10th day or so and still work for gold or recruit troops. What changes wil there be in strategus about troop resources and gold.
Like will there be a option for player who play alot vs those who log on every other week.

For all the clans out there a effort based system is alot better then a clan full of semi active players.
I think a 20 or 30 man clan active players should have more gold,resources and such then a 100 player clan full of inactive players.

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2011, 10:26:28 am »
Question 2.

A wipe is not decided yet (from your past thread) but if there was a wipe will the clans who controlled and put alot of effort get a head start in new strategus if there will be a wipe.
Suggestion is then all clans who controlled land in strategus before maybe could get a smal fief in same area as a head start.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2011, 10:29:57 am »
Question 2.

A wipe is not decided yet (from your past thread) but if there was a wipe will the clans who controlled and put alot of effort get a head start in new strategus if there will be a wipe.
Suggestion is then all clans who controlled land in strategus before maybe could get a smal fief in same area as a head start.

Do you fear you wont get any fief without a "headstart" ;)
I guess noone really wants such a thing. Everytime a new stragus session is starting everyone should be set to 0.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2011, 10:39:01 am »
Question.

I have always think that a game like Strategus should be rewarded after how much time you put into it.

Before you could log in like every 10th day or so and still work for gold or recruit troops. What changes wil there be in strategus about troop resources and gold.
Like will there be a option for player who play alot vs those who log on every other week.

For all the clans out there a effort based system is alot better then a clan full of semi active players.
I think a 20 or 30 man clan active players should have more gold,resources and such then a 100 player clan full of inactive players.

I disagree.
Strategus is about decisions, not about actions. I don't really see the point in clicking things just for the sake of clicking. That's why I want to make the automation as high as possible.

Working in fiefs will be for the thousands of "cba" players. If you don't want to be part of strategus in any way, just make a bit of extra cash, log in, enter a town, start working, done. Paychecks coming in regularly. Maybe check every now and then if there is another fief owner that pays more for work.

Needless to say, this isn't what brings you fame and glory - and the real money. Real money is done by trading, raiding, crafting, selling. And for this, you have to put effort into the game. And with effort, I don't mean "clicking for the sake of clicking". I'm talking about diplomacy, communication, preparation, timing.

If you have everything set up, own 10 fiefs, trading works like a charm and you make big cash - then yes, you might as well relax and let it work by itself. But if you don't watch out, someone will probably burst your little retirement bubble.

And a wipe is a wipe, obviously. Same chances for everyone, that's the point of it in the first place. It could be that we are adding frequent wipes, like every 6 month or something. To keep things interesting.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2011, 10:45:52 am »
by wipes, you mean strategus wipes or complete wipe?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2011, 10:50:45 am »
And a wipe is a wipe, obviously. Same chances for everyone, that's the point of it in the first place. It could be that we are adding frequent wipes, like every 6 month or something. To keep things interesting.

In the light of these wipe conversations i just wanted to state that the only possible way to go would be: New Strat accompanied by a full wipe of everything, otherwise it doesn't make any sense. Too much time has passed, people have too much money, gear, looms, etc, etc and the only fair solution would be when Strat comes everyone start from the same point: Zero.

About the bolded part: if you make a wipe every 6 months or so it would mean that by that time Strat was filled with full plate battles and such things, everyone having millions of gold and thousands of troops.....my question is: How fast do you expect people to grind big amounts of gold in Strategos and how will it look: peasant battles for a few weeks and then suddenly everyone has enough money for heavy armors, horses & "best" weaponry or will it be at slower ratio, in the beginning everyone is poorly equipped and it takes months to get rich enough to equip armies with plates, etc. In other words: how fast will the growth & development happen, at what rate ? On what factors will it depend ? Will it take one month to have big fully armored armies and will only the biggest and most active clans have a chance to achieve it before the next wipe ?
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.