Author Topic: Heirlooms/3 again thought of this?  (Read 6259 times)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
Re: Heirlooms/3 again thought of this?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 05:56:37 pm »
Heirloom theft...

Didn't think of that, but it could solve quite some problems.

Thanks for the suggestion (Also please post suggestions in the suggestion forum in the future).

I hope strategus comes back before we waste more time unbalancing things populations dropping fast enough already without another leave the game theft

I haven't had time to ubergrind(actually retired more pre patch just too busy with work and family to devote the days worth of play even my gen 16 takes to keep running treadmill

U make me so happy, hey can u blame the theft on me my suggest was to reduce to plus three worth of looms and limit gen bonus to some max
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 05:58:17 pm »

Heirloom is a nice feature, but here the problem is that each retirement makes the next one easier.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3977.new.html#new
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:00:52 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 06:04:08 pm »
regardless of how much quicker it is to level up every generation, it still takes a pretty long time, plus it depends on the amount of xp you're actually gaining, sometimes you're stuck between x1 and x2 for hours, so to reach gen 12 is still alot of time and effort...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 07:46:05 pm »
regardless of how much quicker it is to level up every generation, it still takes a pretty long time, plus it depends on the amount of xp you're actually gaining, sometimes you're stuck between x1 and x2 for hours, so to reach gen 12 is still alot of time and effort...

yes, but the very high gens can retire in a day, while it can take a newbie at gen 1 or 2 a month to reach the next retirement.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 07:53:19 pm »
Or, you're like me and play a max of 1-2 hours a day and it can take 2 months to get 1 gen (going from gen 8 to gen 9).

That means that even at low gens like 3 or 12 (still low), your xp bonus is very important and makes your leveling way faster (1/3 less time here). Some people (please post to get your proper credit  :)) estimated that the shortest way to level 40 was first to grind around 4300 generations, and then start leveling.

I remember the same post and it also said that in order to get to level 35 fastest, you should retire to gen 6, then stop and level (iirc).

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 08:00:08 pm »
If they take my heirlooms again, all I have to say is FML

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 08:08:13 pm »
yes, i understand this Seawied, but i started out at a low gen aswell, so i was more or less in the same boat as someone who has only just started playing, only difference is that i had a little more money, obviously there were people who would have been a high generation before the patch, obviously making it easier for them to level up and gain heirlooms faster, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest, also, someone new who starts out now, they get to gen 12, they have 12 modifiers, i'm gen 12 and i've only had 9 modifiers, is this fair lol, i really don't want to lose more heirlooms, this is part of the fun for me, that i have these heirlooms, i like the system as it is, i like that it's easier to level up every gen and i like the fact you gain an hierloom everytime you retire... :P

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 08:16:04 pm »
Man, I can't figure out what to heirloom.  I've already got two, and nothing else seems important.  This would be really helpful in giving me motivation to gen up.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 08:42:08 pm »
Braeden: Heirloom all your armor? :P

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 09:08:36 pm »
Why does anyone care about players who can level faster or have more heirloomed items? They give a slight advantage at best.  If you suck, wearing a full suit of heirloomed stuff isn't going to help you. And its the only thing to work towards. It sems like every few months someone wants to go back and reset the field as if that would somehow make the good players shittier and the shitty players better.

I have no problem with a cap on how much you can heirloom but I am not for any sort of reset.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 09:10:17 pm »
Another theft will solve nothing, it will just hit hard on people who are low generation. All the gen20+ out there will get their heirlooms back in no time and in 1-2 months another theft will be necessary and so on.

If heirloom reduction is intended, I would prefer setting a max number of heirlooms per character (6 for example, so you can have 2 masterworks, or maybe 9). Retiring after you reached the max number of heirlooms should either only allow you to redistribute them and/or offer another kind of bonus like adding your name to your heirloom or something like this that will be just for show-off, without any other advantage.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:12:00 pm by Punisher »

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 09:16:04 pm »
I'd love heirloom theft coming with rebalancing retirement bonuses etc.

New players (i am new player, too, im gen 2 after playing this game 3 months -.-') should be able to get their first 2 masterwork items (and gen 7) really fast and for players gen 7+ it can be as it is atm.

Heirloom theft should be same as last time (heirlooms/3) and should also theft generations (generation/3) BUT:

- If player had 6 or less heirlooms, leave them all.
- If player had 7 or less generations, leave all generations.
- If player had 7 or more heirlooms, start dividing /3, but the least amount of heirlooms left should be 6.
- If player had 8 or more generations, start dividing /3, but the least amount of generations left should be 7.

As for new grinding system: either make it so every player gen < 8 starts after every retire at 30 lvl (even if you retire at 15 lvl, so EVERY player who played now and has lvl < 31 still can get to 30 lvl in no time) OR every player gen < 8 gets higher (much higher...) retire exp bonus.

Again, after getting 6 heirloom points and gen 7 really fast, further grinding should work the same as now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:21:19 pm by Dravic »

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 09:40:19 pm »
Heirloom theft...

Didn't think of that, but it could solve quite some problems.

Thanks for the suggestion (Also please post suggestions in the suggestion forum in the future).

I thought the suggestion forums were for people that were posting specific fixes like with mechanics included.  I was merely suggesting that you think.  Not offering any soulutions.  I leave that up to the community.  Mainly because I know you will do what you want to do regardless of what anyone else thinks or how many people will not return or will leave again.  "A good game with a community of 500."  Wasn't that your words once?  Methinks it will be less soon.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 09:46:33 pm »
I would love it if we get to keep the same number of heirlooms and just redistribute them, but I doubt that will happen.

Not sure if that's what previous posts mean or not.

Even if we got 1/3 taken and were able to re choose them.  The problem is how will they do it without taking away from the people that havn't even come back?  Not saying they can't do it but this post just to remind them about those people.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 09:59:59 pm »
This thread is beyond sillyness.