Author Topic: Suno: Legend of the Incredibly Stupid Defenders  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Suno: Legend of the Incredibly Stupid Defenders
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:03:47 pm »
+7
So in the battle for Suno today, we outnumbered the attackers by at least this many:

(click to show/hide)

We had far less tickets but far more bodies.

Tactical solution?  Charge.  Fight them in the open where the numbers advantage helps us.  Drop their flags if possible but fight in the open at least.

However, some defenders didn't like this idea and decided to TK me when I went to open the gate and let out more of us to attack them:

(click to show/hide)

I'm not even posting a ban thread because these are the idiots you EU players deserve.  I'd rather have him as a general on your team during the next EU vs NA battle.

So instead of fighting in the open and using our numbers, we fought on the walls, in narrow spaces, allowing the Greys to do classic Spartan tactics: fight large groups with small numbers in narrow areas to nullify their advantage.

And they won.  They lost fewer tickets despite the overwhelming population advantage defense had.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So good job to Saracen_Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba and his few supporters.  You helped re-enact the Persian side of the Battle of Thermopylae and cost us an easy victory over the Grays.  You win the Dunce of the Year Award.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
Re: Suno: Legend of the Incredibly Stupid Defenders
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:13:56 pm »
+4
So you're the dumbass that opened the gate, leading to grey cavalry to enter the town and destroy our healing tent and construction rack!!

BTW don't expect AI CASTLE DEFENCE to do tactical thing like you just mentionned because they actually a bunch of randomers playing randomly.... We're not all on the same TS...  :rolleyes:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 10:14:59 pm »
+2
Aww, man, such a numerical advantage... wasted.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:21:19 pm »
+2
So you're the dumbass that opened the gate, leading to grey cavalry to enter the town and destroy our healing tent and construction rack!!

No, actually someone else opened the gate for the one good rush outside we had.  I went to open it for a second rush when I got knocked off the gate for 90% of my health by some idiot trying to TK me.

So we only had one good attack.

Then we fought like morons in narrow areas and completely surrendered a major advantage.

EU players:
Please recruit Dach for your secondary general when you attack NA holdings.

Dach and Saracen!  With them at your helm you can't possibly win lose!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:15:33 pm by Slamz »
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 12:29:30 am »
So why is your plan so good if that let enemy cavalry get inside and destroy our stuff???

Why is your plan so good that it utterly failed...

Because people didn't listen to you... yeah I know. If you are OH so much of a great strategist you should take into account that people won't listen in an AI strat battle and plan your decision accordingly next time.  :idea:

A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 01:13:55 am »
+1
That blows balls.

...Is there are space in Nditions for AI fief defence? That would be handy if for the AI briefing it said "GO HERE USE THIS TS YOU TURDS".

But I agree a sally forth would have crushed the Greys. We did that at Praven when we didn't out number them and beat them in the field, I was shitting bricks I thought we were going to get smashed but our inf powered through them and forced them off the walls by going outside and smashing everything.

Too bad it didn't come off sounds like it would have been a hell of a victory had the AI bum rushed them.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 01:28:46 am »
Because people didn't listen to you... yeah I know. If you are OH so much of a great strategist you should take into account that people won't listen in an AI strat battle and plan your decision accordingly next time.  :idea:

"Open the gate and rush out" is not a complex strategy.  In fact, the only problem with it is that a couple of people went out of their way to put a stop to it.  Even simple strategies fail when idiots TK, TW and physically block it.

So in the end we did things your way and lost 938 tickets while killing only 753 despite physically outnumbering them by about 2 to 1.

Also, good luck reaching your healing tent when you're high on a wall with 10 enemies ahead of you and 20 friendlies behind you and a fatal drop to both sides.  I must have seen a good two dozen defenders die from falling off the wall.  This is what happens when you don't think things through, as you clearly don't.

In summary, please change your avatar to the following image:

It's General Custer.  You and him would have a lot to talk about.
Norse Horde

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 01:37:27 am »
although slamz you are totaly correct on strategy, it was indeed a pub defense so you should have taken the time to convince the less fortunate minded on this world like panbububububu that your plan would work , and explain why it would work. now you just got tked because they totally misinterpeted your intentions. im glad thow, i was on attacking side, would have hated to fight that full plate army in the open  :mrgreen:

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 01:42:33 am »
would have hated to fight that full plate army in the open  :mrgreen:

Funny thing is, attacker's +3 heraldic trans and +3 gauntlets made them survive more while being faster. :P

Scarier than plate, am I right?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 02:11:12 am »
lordly trans + rain renderd most of our range inefective :( I personally hit with 50 bolts killing 2 :( but it is true that defenders spent more time raging about grey spies and people opening gates than defending
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 02:23:56 am »
Funny thing is, attacker's +3 heraldic trans and +3 gauntlets made them survive more while being faster. :P

Scarier than plate, am I right?

this reaction was uncalled for , and smells like butthurt, full plate is fullplate, loomed or not

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 02:26:16 am »
well no :D normal full plate is worse than fully loomed trans and gloves and weapons :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41:31 am »
yes its a huge fuckin world of difference, man u guys are antfucking puffs  :rolleyes:

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 02:49:12 am »
this reaction was uncalled for , and smells like butthurt, full plate is fullplate, loomed or not

:rolleyes:

I just stated the fact that you had better armor yourself and that fearing plate for being plate wasn't really necessary.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 02:51:24 am »
:rolleyes:

I just stated the fact that you had better armor yourself and that fearing plate for being plate wasn't really necessary.
Still, fearing plate is fearing plate .
Fearing plates gonna fear